Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He got a DUI in 2001 when he was a football coach. He is accused of hiring prostitutes and serving alcohol to high school recruits during that same time. Rapes and sexual assaults were claimed to have occurred  at those recruiting parties including between players.  If you don’t think in this day and age all of that won’t blow up if he’s the head coach of the Redskins, you have your eyes closed. This will be Sally Jenkins first article after Bieniemy’s introductory press conference. That side show is in addition to his lack of coaching success outside of KC is not what the Skins need.

Who cares? This same team signed someone who beat his girlfriend and nobody gave a **** within 2 months.

14 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So I would see almost no chance of this happening. Jim Harbaugh is the same guy who benched Alex Smith for Colin K. This has nothing to do with the political side. That is a different conversation - one I will be glad to take up in the tailgate if anyone is interested. 

Alex clearly has some input to Danny - to what level who knows. But clearly him and danny are buds. Do you really think he is going to say, yea bring in the guy who benched my ass due to a concussion - basically the first chance he got? Jim H never wanted Alex. Looked at Peyton Manning but then decided not to. He lied to everyone about the whole thing then yanked the job out from under Alex when he was having one of his best seasons at the first opportunity. 

Not sure how much respect he commands from NFL players. He lied the entire time in SF, then beat it out of town when the going got a little tough to go back to college and coach. If I remember that was a pretty divided locker-room while he was there and not just because of Alex/Colin. The guy is a major jerk. And didn't we already try the other brother approach already? 

Ya we did but your comparing Jay Gruden to Jim Harbaugh who got begged to go to Michigan.  Jay Gruden couldn't get a head coaches job in arena football.  

And who who cares what anyone thinks you want to change the culture in DC bring in a young football mind and let him run the show.  Who qualifies more than Jim Harbaugh?  

1 minute ago, wtfskins said:

Ya we did buy your comparing Jay Gruden to Jim Harbaugh who got begged to go to Michigan.  Jay Gruden couldn't get a job in arena football.  

And who who cares what anyone thinks you want to change the culture bring in a young football mind and let him run the show.  Who qualifies more than Jim Harbaugh?  

Actually Jay won championships in Arena football but that's not the point. There was no intent to compare the two. The point was that just because one brother is successful does not mean the other brother will be. 

You completely ignored the other part of what my comment actually said, the fact that Alex Smith is here, clearly has at least some influence on Dan and was totally ****ed over by J H. That was why I said he would never coach here - had nothing to do with his credentials. So you can try to change the conversation if you want, but my comment stands. As long as Alex is here, I cannot see Jim H being the HC here. And that is Ok with me as I believe the guy is a total POS. 

The guy is a good coach of football and he knows the game.  He had the 49ers running pistol who almost won the super bowl.  Who runs pistol now oh ya the team across the interstate Baltimore.  How are they doing?  

You must be a Ohio State fan well here we bleed Burgundy and Gold.  I want the best for my Redskins.  

What he is to old to learn from from his mistakes as a professional football coach.  So I take it you are not allowed to make mistakes Mr. Perfect.  

To listen to Alex Smith is out of the question Danny has a new pony in the stable in case you didn’t realize his name is Dwayne Haskins.  We are not going back we are going forward.  

9B93CF3D-7420-41AE-B853-AE78D352AF9A.jpeg

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Medium is better than the clown show alternative. In fact medium might be as good as it gets for us. 

No way man.

I'm going all in for the Clown Show Alternative.

If you are going to maintain a 20+ year dumpster fire you have to do it right and go all in 100%!

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

There's part of me that would like a defensive minded HC. We've tried a ton of offensive ones. With that in mind, I think maybe the Bills' guy might be someone to look at.

The big problem with a defensive minded coach is that you need an established QB. If you have a younger prospect and the OC develops him well, he will be hired immediately. Then you are in a situation with a revolving door of OCs. Look at Atlanta. From super bowl to nothing pretty fast. However, on the flip side some really talented defensive guys are getting passed over so the options are far better. 

37 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

The guy is a good coach of football and he knows the game.  He had the 49ers running pistol who almost won the super bowl.  Who runs pistol now oh ya the team across the interstate Baltimore.  How are they doing?  

You must be a Ohio State fan well here we bleed Burgundy and Gold.  I want the best for my Redskins.  

What he is to old to learn from from his mistakes as a professional football coach.  So I take it you are not allowed to make mistakes Mr. Perfect.  

To listen to Alex Smith is out of the question Danny has a new pony in the stable in case you didn’t realize his name is Dwayne Haskins.  We are not going back we are going forward.  

Edit

I see you are new here - at least to posting. So going to try and help you out - although based on your short history it's probably a waste of time. Trying to make it personal is a waste of time and more importantly could lead to a short or long unplanned vacation from the site. It will escalate as you try to make sure you "win" the Internet and all of a sudden you find yourself with some time off from here. Not a mod. Just one poster to another. Up to you. 

I could careless about Jim H being and Michigan. AS I said twice he jerked Alex around, put in an unsustainable offence to get Colin on the field, and then bailed at the first sign of issues.  

And the whole people. make mistakes thing works when it's an actual mistake as of course we are all imperfect. What he did leads to his character, of which he is devoid of. There are already enough ignorant people at Redskins. Don't need another one. 

As for Haskins and Alex not being on the field, that has nothing to do with what I said. Alex has at least a little bit of Dan's ear. And that is all it takes. After the way Jim H treated Alex, I can see Alex doing all he can to make sure Jim H does not end up here as long as he is part of the team - and that would only be in the FO somewhere. He is not playing again, at least not as a starter. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I see you are new here - at least to posting. So going to try and help you out - although based on your short history it's probably a waste of time. Trying to make it personal is a waste of time and more importantly could lead to a short or long unplanned vacation from the site. It will escalate as you try to make sure you "win" the Internet and all of a sudden you find yourself with some time off from here. Not a mod. Just one poster to another. Up to you. 

I could careless about Jim H being and Michigan. AS I said twice he jerked Alex around, put in an unsustainable offence to get Colin on the field, and then bailed at the first sign of issues.  

And the whole people. make mistakes thing works when it's an actual mistake as of course we are all imperfect. What he did leads to his character, of which he is devoid of. There are already enough ignorant people at Redskins. Don't need another one. 

As for Haskins and Alex not being on the field, that has nothing to do with what I said. Alex has at least a little bit of Dan's ear. And that is all it takes. After the way Jim H treated Alex, I can see Alex doing all he can to make sure Jim H does not end up here as long as he is part of the team - and that would only be in the FO somewhere. He is not playing again, at least not as a starter. 

Ok guy all I hear is a condescending tone to my coach’s pick.  Who do you choose?  Or do you just post pessimistic opinions to others answers.  Let’s hear your answer.  Who would you elect as a head coach?

All of a sudden Alex Smith has a front office opinion after 8 games as a Redskin.  Jim Harbaugh is a great candidate in my opinion to change the culture.  

Unless you like this culture Bruce is this you? Please give answers not negative opinions to my solutions.  

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

There's part of me that would like a defensive minded HC. We've tried a ton of offensive ones. With that in mind, I think maybe the Bills' guy might be someone to look at.

Teams have won Super Bowls with the last ranked defense.  I’ll take a coach who scores a lot of points over defense.  

Preferably a a coach who runs a college scheme seems to be working pretty well in the pros.  With the read options those are high school and college offenses just spiced up a lil with pro players and designs.  

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I would love Harbaugh. I’m not sure he would take the job. He would be my top choice by far. 

I think he might be interested to return to the NFL especially coaching so close to his brother.  We could sell the crossroad rivalry in hopes to persuade him.  Also I think he knows Michigan will not be able to compete with Ohio State or the SEC powerhouses.  

Ultimately there is no higher reward in football than hoisting up the Lombardi trophy.  That is the ultimate pinnacle.  He knows that he wants to come back I believe. 

He brings a fire and he is creative as an offensive coordinator as I can remember in my short memory.  Give him the reigns let him coach talented men. 

DF6DA09A-7AED-4822-9239-665853FCB759.jpeg

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You all know we will have another puppet that will be fired in 2-3 years when the Haskins experiment fails. 

I believe in Haskins I believe in the Redskins let the younger guys play and let’s see what we got.  Playcalling and play design are the most important factor to winning games in the NFL hopefully we hire someone with creativity and a track record.  

1 minute ago, wtfskins said:

I believe in Haskins I believe in the Redskins let the younger guys play and let’s see what we got.  Playcalling and play design are the most important factor to winning games in the NFL hopefully we hire someone with creativity and a track record.  

I believe the Redskins are incapable of developing Haskins.   Haskins will not thrive here. 

I’m not giving up on Haskins yet or the Redskins either they are my team til the day I die.  Ya I have no faith in the management but hopefully inside the white lines they continue to play hard and give it their all.  A lot of our draft picks are not used to losing seems like they are figuring it out on what it takes to be competive in the National Football League.  

Idc what anyone says we need a NFL veteran coach now with years to coach for long term success.  Someone with a track record of winning and getting to the big game.  Someone young with fire and creativity someone with spunk and not afraid to get in a refs face.  We need Jim Harbaugh.  

All proceeds paid by Harbaugh campaign to get him reinstated.  Lmao. 

44-19 as a head coach with the 49ers.  13-3 year 1.  11-4-1 year 2.  12-4 year 3.  8-8 year 4.  Are you serious three NFC championship games.  1 Super Bowl appearance.  3 plays away from winning multiple Super Bowls.  Blown calls in the NFC Championship games against Seattle.  A punt returner who couldn’t hold onto the ball or get out of the way in the other game.  

2011 AP coach of the year.  

F1BAED3A-30B2-4A6B-9EC4-0EB9097C289C.jpeg

1 hour ago, wtfskins said:

Ok guy all I hear is a condescending tone to my coach’s pick.  Who do you choose?  Or do you just post pessimistic opinions to others answers.  Let’s hear your answer.  Who would you elect as a head coach?

All of a sudden Alex Smith has a front office opinion after 8 games as a Redskin.  Jim Harbaugh is a great candidate in my opinion to change the culture.  

Unless you like this culture Bruce is this you? Please give answers not negative opinions to my solutions.  

Teams have won Super Bowls with the last ranked defense.  I’ll take a coach who scores a lot of points over defense.  

Preferably a a coach who runs a college scheme seems to be working pretty well in the pros.  With the read options those are high school and college offenses just spiced up a lil with pro players and designs.  

Not condescending to your pick for coach at all. Nor was I just being pessimistic. I don't like the guy and in fact I gave you very specific reasons why I don't want Harbaugh. You just don't agree with them so you started making it personal. Assuming I have some irrational reason for my dislike despite my providing very specific and very logical reasons even if you don't agree with them.

I was being a bit snarky but also truly trying to help you by calling you out for getting defensive and instantly taking it personal when someone disagrees with your comment. You can take that advice to heart or you will not likely not be be here long. Again, it's up to you.

You did ask a legitimate question. and a fair one. I appreciate that. Who would I pick as a HC. I want whoever the new GM wants, more importantly I do not want that HC picked for them. What I want is for them to create the proper structure with a Team President who picks a GM who then picks their own HC. What I do not want is for Dan to pick a HC for a GM - which trying to get a Harbaugh here before a GM is the wrong way. Let's let the new GM bring in their own HC and they work together to build the team the way they want. 

If Dan finally did set up the right structure and the GM brought in Jim H I would support him. Again, I don't like him so he would not be my first choice. But if that's who the new GM brought in, then I would be all in for them to succeed. I am just tired of most every coach coming in having had some major part of the organization picked for them and then had to deal with this mess of a FO organization. That's not how successful teams operate.

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Strong leaders of men are usually high character guys who lead by example. Bieniemy has had a ton of incidents in his past that call his character into question. He was involved in a bar fight as a freshman and was arrested, got so many tickets driving that he had his license revoked as a sophmore, drove without a license and was caught, failed to appear in court, had a car accident and fled the scene. He was arrested for preventing firemen from putting out a fire he started at his moms house on the 4th of July using illegal fireworks and was suspended a game for it. 

He got banned from University of Colorado for a year for getting in a fight with a parking lot attendant despite the fact he was a Heisman candidate at the school a year before and NFL running back. He got a dui in his first year as running backs coach for Colorado after his NFL career was over. When he came back to Colorado after coaching running backs at UCLA, he was offensive coordinator with 4-21 record and head of recruiting. Colorado came under investigation for numerous rape allegations involving players he recruited. Basically the Baylor scandal before Twitter and metoo otherwise his career would be toast. 

The checkered past, lack of success anywhere outside of KC and uncertainties about his coaching abilities make him such a high risk hire. I seriously don’t get it. Yes Andy Reid is hot and the KC offense is great but Bieniemy is just such a  high risk low reward hire.  

I Was not aware of any of this and thanks for the find. I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt for mistakes if they learn from them, especially if they were a kid at the time. That said, that list of mistakes is pretty extensive and is definitely cause for concern. Anyway, my point wasn't so much in favor of hiring Bieniemy, it was more emphasizing how important it is that we get more of a strong leader in our next HC. That is the most important quality we need in our next guy. If we get a guy who's an offensive guru, who can call a game with the best of them, but doesn't have the ability to lead, it won't matter. We'll have another Norv.

Archived