RichmondRedskin88

Next Coach?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Can’t we just send a town car to pick Greg Roman up instead? Would be a waste of a private jet to just go to Baltimore :P 

 

 

You know, you are absolutely right.  Not only bc of the short commute, but obviously sending Redskins one has not led to any sustained success.   We should send over a town car.  And they should go out to a seafood restaurant.  With a respectable GM joining them.  The complete opposite of everything we have been doing!  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

 

This would be the play of the century.

 

Convincing a billionaire that construction of his hotly anticipated stadium is close while filling him up with nothing but hot air.

 

Even Snyder must have some realistic time-frame for that to happen.  Bruce can't keep his job forever while delivering a crap product for years.

 

Hope I still have my sanity after they get what they want, because it's clear good football ain't it.

 

The reason why I think he might be able to pull it off as to convincing Dan that he's needed to finish the deal is he's already half way there in a way since he already convinced Dan he can do this alone.  From what of seen for stadium efforts, you usually hire a lobbying team let alone not doing that or even hiring a single lobbyist.  You hire a team of people with built in relationships who can help carry a vote.  The Redskins from what's been said decided to forgo that and its all Bruce as a solo artist doing this.  The WP people who are following this story have made a similar observation which is they were told its odd how the Redskins are pushing this sans lobbyists.

 

From my experience in the industry (am not a lobbyist but have seen them work plenty in my line of work) if you are going at something alone and you are developing all the relationships and having the conversations to the topic at hand then the client (in this case Dan) often feels like a lost puppy in the woods and very dependent on the one (bruce) who is working it.

 

So if part of the game with Bruce is to do the stadium completely on his own hence increasing his leverage with Dan -- then hats off to him because that was a brilliant gambit and Dan is dumb for not seeing through it. 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. Seems like we're in hands of a solo artist, or a legit con man. Only time will tell.

 

 

Edited by El Mexican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Right. Seems like we're in hands of a solo artist, or a legit con man. Only time will tell.

 

 

I'd rather have this solo artist:

 

68-og.jpg?w=500&h=334&fit=crop&crop=top

 

Or this one:

Joe-Satriani.jpg?w=980&q=75

 

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Garrett?? Any takers? He may be let go at the end of the year. To be honest I’m not really sure what to make of him, but he’s got experience in the division and seems decent enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Jason Garrett?? Any takers? He may be let go at the end of the year. To be honest I’m not really sure what to make of him, but he’s got experience in the division and seems decent enough

 

I'm rooting for Marty Ball Part Deux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Jason Garrett?? Any takers? He may be let go at the end of the year. To be honest I’m not really sure what to make of him, but he’s got experience in the division and seems decent enough

 

Many Cowboy fans would dance in the streets both to see him gone and to see him back in the NFC East.    He's to them like Bruce Allen is to us -- granted the intensity isn't nearly the same.    I love the rumor about Garrett going to the NY Giants but it seems to good to be true. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Many Cowboy fans would dance in the streets both to see him gone and to see him back in the NFC East.    He's to them like Bruce Allen is to us -- granted the intensity isn't nearly the same.    I love the rumor about Garrett going to the NY Giants but it seems to good to be true. 

It would be so us to hire Garrett. I have no faith whatsoever that if our current FO is structured as it is now will do their due diligence and leave no stone unturned with regards to the search.  Sad thing is there is a TON of coaching talent out there at the pro and college level, but I just see us interviewing a handful of candidates and piecing together a staff for a Marvin Lewis type coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see us at least interview or test the waters with Jim Harbaugh. Sure, he hasn't really lit the world on fire at Michigan,  but they are playing at a much higher level these past several weeks.  His resume alone is worth reaching out to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

Get Burrow n make joe Brady oc 

With roman as head coach.  Wow.  Its a rare situation too, bc Brady would jump at the chance to be an OC for an NFL team.  Most guys who are as well regarded as him wouldn't want to be an OC for an offensive minded head coach, but Brady is young and is currently reporting to an OC at LSU.  This would be his highest job title yet, and we could make sure it's his highest salary yet too.

 

But would he want to come to the Redskins while his star is shining so brightly?  Roman too?  That is going to be the problem.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Yngwie Malmsteem

Oh man, watching him do kickflips and guitar spins, and lord knows what else on the sideline. 

 

He'd coach the fastest team in the NFL for sure "Speed is Emotion"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

It would be so us to hire Garrett. I have no faith whatsoever that if our current FO is structured as it is now will do their due diligence and leave no stone unturned with regards to the search.  Sad thing is there is a TON of coaching talent out there at the pro and college level, but I just see us interviewing a handful of candidates and piecing together a staff for a Marvin Lewis type coach.

lol no kidding.  For the record, I'm in the Harbaugh camp for now.  The man did wonders with a crappy QB (sorry, just my opinion) while with the 49ers.  I think that with the right GM the Redskins have at least a chance of getting something right.  Even if they get stability, it's something.  A coach that can get the team back to 8+ wins would do some much right now. Even if the new coach has some bad years which will happen and you see signs of life again it will help. The GM has to get the right players, and then you might start to build that culture which escapes Bruce Allen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Roman and he brings Griffin back with him?

 

(runs very fast away from thread)

I watched clips of that game today and jokingly thought about it. RG still loves getting hit in the pocket.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't begin to imagine that Dan doesn't already have his guy pegged for next year. That's been his M.O. for 20 years, ain't no way he's changing now. 

 

Write it on a rock, it will be a splashy hire because he's at least smart enough to know he needs SOMETHING to try and re-energize the fanbase. Side note - my guess is that what he doesn't realize, is the true die hards are now all so apathetic that we see through the BS and know it's just another 3-5 year cycle and nothing changed without Bruce being fired. But I digress. 

 

My guess on who?  Harbaugh or Urban Meyer.  Both check the box of splashy hires that will at least get the media talking about us again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I can't begin to imagine that Dan doesn't already have his guy pegged for next year. That's been his M.O. for 20 years, ain't no way he's changing now. 

 

Write it on a rock, it will be a splashy hire because he's at least smart enough to know he needs SOMETHING to try and re-energize the fanbase. Side note - my guess is that what he doesn't realize, is the true die hards are now all so apathetic that we see through the BS and know it's just another 3-5 year cycle and nothing changed without Bruce being fired. But I digress. 

 

My guess on who?  Harbaugh or Urban Meyer.  Both check the box of splashy hires that will at least get the media talking about us again. 

I completely agree with you on the super flashy.  And every time he’s done that he has given total control to that individual.  He’s done it 3 times: Marty (who actually was a big name splashy coach in 2001), Gibbs and Shanahan. 

 

This means Bruce has to go or at least contractual final say in personnel has to go to the new person.  

 

This has been the MO.

 

I am sure Harbaugh and Meyer are on that list. Riley might be, and a few others. I wouldn’t be surprised if Roman from Baltimore is on the list.   I’m not sure who else in the NFL would be splashy.

 

I don’t think McCarthy, Bowles, Marvin Lewis, Garrett (if fired), Rex Ryan, Herm Edwards would be splashy. And I think Dan knows that.  

 

Tomlin would be splashy, but I don’t think he’s going to be available.  

 

None of the coaches who are expected to be fired this year would be splashy.

 

Dan might think Gregg Williams would be splashy to Redskin fans. He wouldn’t be, but Dan might think he would be.  

 

I agree, I think it’s somebody from College who Dan can talk to now.  

 

I also don't think it will be a GM first splashy move because that’s overtly saying Bruce did a bad job which he doesn’t want to do. It’s a more comfortable message to say to get the coach, he had to give that person roster control rather than Bruce/Doug/Kyle suck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I completely agree with you on the super flashy.  And every time he’s done that he has given total control to that individual.  He’s done it 3 times: Marty (who actually was a big name splashy coach in 2001), Gibbs and Shanahan. 

 

This means Bruce has to go or at least contractual final say in personnel has to go to the new person.  

 

This has been the MO.

 

I am sure Harbaugh and Meyer are on that list. Riley might be, and a few others. I wouldn’t be surprised if Roman from Baltimore is on the list.   I’m not sure who else in the NFL would be splashy.

 

I don’t think McCarthy, Bowles, Marvin Lewis, Garrett (if fired), Rex Ryan, Herm Edwards would be splashy. And I think Dan knows that.  

 

Tomlin would be splashy, but I don’t think he’s going to be available.  

 

None of the coaches who are expected to be fired this year would be splashy.

 

Dan might think Gregg Williams would be splashy to Redskin fans. He wouldn’t be, but Dan might think he would be.  

 

I agree, I think it’s somebody from College who Dan can talk to now.  

 

I also don't think it will be a GM first splashy move because that’s overtly saying Bruce did a bad job which he doesn’t want to do. It’s a more comfortable message to say to get the coach, he had to give that person roster control rather than Bruce/Doug/Kyle suck.

 

 One of the key things with an egotistical person { Brucie } is control; he must maintain control eventually at some point or he would feel he is losing power.

 So we can be almost 100% assured that Bruce will be in Dan's ear the whole time, warning him of the consequences of giving a HC autonomous powers. This would be in Bruce's wheelhouse, feeling that his toes are being stepped on,

 

Bruce knows deep down he is in hot water with the fans; they are crowded behind the gate with pitchforks and torches, demanding Bruce be fired. His little " we're close " gaffe was his way of calming Snyder down and re-gaining control. We all saw how so many people were blasting Bruce for this, but he turned it around to be a positive for him { in some strange way } and managed to spin it to his advantage with Snyder.

 

Bottom line, it doesn't matter who is hired as HC, or even a puppet GM, because behind the scenes Bruce will still be there pulling the strings. He has infected this team with a nasty funk that has infiltrated every aspect of this organization, and there's not a coach, GM or player out there that can remove this funk and dysfunction.

You may somehow get to a 6-10 season next year, maybe, but until Bruce Allen is removed from this organization in every aspect, nothing will change. Nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.