Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

It looks like to me that Callahan is trying to keep the job.  Why hire someone that worked for you earlier if you thought you were going to be fired at the end of season.  I tend to agree with Rex though in that I think they'll have options after the season.  Only so many head coaching jobs available so think people will want one of the openings.  For the most part, I think the Dan Snyder thing is a by-product of the local media and fanbase.  Even Joe Gibbs said Dan did everything asked of him.

4 hours ago, illone said:

If you dont think Tomlin is great than you are suffering from stockholm syndrome.

Not sure this comment makes sense, are people suggesting the Redskins current coaches are better than Tomlin?

I'm not the biggest Tomlin fan, it would seem similar to the Carolina Panthers hiring George Seifert. Great records with a stacked team, but he's not likely to turn much around here. But I think it's a moot point. Even if Tomlin somehow became available, why would he come here?

47 minutes ago, owa said:

It looks like to me that Callahan is trying to keep the job.  Why hire someone that worked for you earlier if you thought you were going to be fired at the end of season.  I tend to agree with Rex though in that I think they'll have options after the season.  Only so many head coaching jobs available so think people will want one of the openings.  For the most part, I think the Dan Snyder thing is a by-product of the local media and fanbase.  Even Joe Gibbs said Dan did everything asked of him.

Dan would because Gibbs won 3 SBs with the Skins.  Someone else probably a different story.

If Snyder's plane was really in Pittsburgh earlier this week, I'd be shocked if it had anything to do with Tomlin. No HC coach is going to take a meeting with another team during the season- no how, no way! That plane could've been there for any number of reasons, but I'm sure it wasn't there for any type of meeting with Tomlin or Steeler executive's. Hearing how Gibbs is advocating for Louis Riddick for our GM and that Snyder likely listens to anything Gibbs suggests, I guess a possibility could be that plane was in Pittsburgh for Riddick, who played college football at Pittsburgh and may or may not have a home in the vicinity. 

15 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can someone remind me when the last time a team gave up draft picks in trade for a head coach...I dont remember ever seeing it happen..

TB/OAK Jon Gruden trade

In the early-morning hours of Feb. 18, 2002, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers sent two first-round draft picks, two second-round picks and $8 million to the Oakland Raiders -- for a head coach...

http://profootballdaly.com/trading-draft-picks-for-coaches/

**not the last per your request but figured I’d throw this in there**

2001 — Marty Schottenheimer from the Chiefs to the Redskins for two picks. Schottenheimer lasted just one season in Washington, going 8-8 (with eight wins in his last 11 games). Owner Dan Snyder fired him after trying — and failing — to get Marty to replace one of his assistants.

2 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

If Snyder's plane was really in Pittsburgh earlier this week, I'd be shocked if it had anything to do with Tomlin. No HC coach is going to take a meeting with another team during the season- no how, no way! That plane could've been there for any number of reasons, but I'm sure it wasn't there for any type of meeting with Tomlin or Steeler executive's. Hearing how Gibbs is advocating for Louis Riddick for our GM and that Snyder likely listens to anything Gibbs suggests, I guess a possibility could be that plane was in Pittsburgh for Riddick, who played college football at Pittsburgh and may or may not have a home in the vicinity. 

Maybe went to chat with Russ Grimm?

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like what I've read about Richard but am assuming he's not a sexy enough name for Dan. 

Dan may need to commit to donning his whiskey googles and dial up a 1am bar closing Roseanne level sexy coach.

Tomlin?, lmao ffs.  He ain’t coming here.

Start at maybe, MAYBE, Bowles or Harbaugh and work backwards.

I've developed an extremely easy formula for success!  Competent general manager + Russ Grimm = Superbowl.  I know he's not a popular candidate here but I sure do miss Redskin football.  A strong physical running game paired with a monster defense.  Russ Grimm is Redskin's football although I'm not sure how old he is, lol.  

On 10/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, SemperFi Skins said:

you didn’t answer my question... how many championships? One? And that team was inherited? Please, produce something more. By your logic, he could go 9-7 for 10 years (winning percentage, right?) and he’s a great coach? 

come on, man! He’s a product of a great front office which even he can’t produce trophies with. Good coaches get it done. He hasn’t. He won’t, and will most likely be canned... (Save for an extension of another Cowher team SB win)

he can go coach your team, but I don’t want him near mine... He’s closer to Mike McCarthy than Bill Belichek

You are a liar, I LITERALLY answered your question unless you are not able to understand that words "won a superbowl".  You must be taking lessons straight from the classroom of Bruce, not impressed.  Hes 2nd among all HC's in winning seasons.  Hes in the top 6 in Winning percentage, in playoff wins, in CHAMPIONSHIPS.  Hes had teams that have gone 13-3, 12-4, 12-4, 12-4.  Hes one of only 6 to win a superbowl.  

One of the top 6 coaches in the entire world in winning percentage, winning seasons, playoff winning percentage, championships won?  Not good enough for the super special, super precious, super SemperFi Skins.  You want to take that view, you are a fool among fools and would deserve a great place among Bruce Allens elite.

7 hours ago, TheDiplomat said:

If our O looks good the remainder of the season, I think O'connell deserves a look. Pair him with a competent and aggressive DC (one thing we haven't had for a while)

Right now, we're 28th place in yards per game - with 3 of the 4 teams below us having lost their starting QB to illness or injury and the remaining team actively trying to lose games.  In terms of points per game we're at 30th place.  Converting on 3rd down - 31st.  Time of Possession - 30th.  Rushing yards/game - 27th.  Passing yards/game - 26th!

But that's not really my problem, because he has the second worst talent in the NFL and isn't running his own offensive scheme.  My problem is that he has no experience in any leadership role and he's the perfect candidate for Bruce and Danny to push around.  And then blame when everything goes wrong.  He's Son of Zorn, except without the exceptional quarterback career.

What if Callahan and group go on a run (literally) and rattles off a bunch of wins and goes like 8-8 or 9-7?

Does it give BA the confirmation on roster talent, "we're close"?  Would that make him less vulnerable?  Would they make Callahan the HC?

IMO, this is the ultimate nightmare scenario....LOL

13 hours ago, Peregrine said:

You are a liar, I LITERALLY answered your question unless you are not able to understand that words "won a superbowl".  You must be taking lessons straight from the classroom of Bruce, not impressed.  Hes 2nd among all HC's in winning seasons.  Hes in the top 6 in Winning percentage, in playoff wins, in CHAMPIONSHIPS.  Hes had teams that have gone 13-3, 12-4, 12-4, 12-4.  Hes one of only 6 to win a superbowl.  

One of the top 6 coaches in the entire world in winning percentage, winning seasons, playoff winning percentage, championships won?  Not good enough for the super special, super precious, super SemperFi Skins.  You want to take that view, you are a fool among fools and would deserve a great place among Bruce Allens elite.

you seem fun... maybe take a break for a little bit? 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:40 AM, stoshuaj said:

You all are nuts.  Why in the Sam hell would Tomlin come here?

If, IF he gets canned by Pittsburgh, he goes on tv to get fluffered for 5 years while his perceived value continues to rise and then he gets to pick his spot.

or, he comes to this **** hole. 

Remove your blinders, Skins are getting a has been or never was.

If the paycheck/power is enough, Tomlin or nearly any coach looking for work will sign. We've seen it in the past. I remember back in 2000 on ESPN, Marty publicly stated he would never work for Daniel Snyder and.....a year later he was working for Daniel Snyder. I'm sure Joe Gibbs thought the same thing prior to 2004, Mike Shanahan as well. Money and power certainly changes a coaches mind.

22 hours ago, emoore0222 said:

I've developed an extremely easy formula for success!  Competent general manager 

Alvin Walton is the guy.

5 minutes ago, mike42 said:

If the paycheck/power is enough, Tomlin or nearly any coach looking for work will sign. We've seen it in the past. I remember back in 2000 on ESPN, Marty publicly stated he would never work for Daniel Snyder and.....a year later he was working for Daniel Snyder. I'm sure Joe Gibbs thought the same thing prior to 2004, Mike Shanahan as well. Money and power certainly changes a coaches mind.

A weekend on the super yacht can be convincing.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, tibbidoe said:

May not have to. Tomlin could be fired.

I would think the Steelers, if they were going to fire Tomlin, would be smart enough to call Dan and Bruce to see if they wanted to trade for him. Why not, we'd be dumb enough to deal our 1st for him, if not more. 

Archived