Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

Riggo-toni

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

9 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

The proper way to go about this would to fire the GM first. The new GM should decide who the coach should be. Dan fire Allen, its long over due.  The big question is who are the top GM candidates that we could potential land? 

Yeah, I was thinking this too.  Would also end the ego battle of losing the stand off too TW.  Let a new guy figure out the path forward.

But again, who is going to want to work with DS?

Watching the entire NFL each week, it's amazing how far behind we are as a team in virtually every area....especially defensively. It can't be due to a lack of talent, it just can't. I know someone has to be the worst, but not by such a large margin. Buffalo's defense was awesome today as was the Patriots. Whatever they're doing is leaps and bounds beyond what the Skins are doing. Offensively, from the Eagles game in the opener to today, it's like Jay forgot 3/4 of the playbook. We do nothing, nothing creative. This Steve Sims kid has tons of ability, as do several others on this offense, yet Jay keeps doing straight drop backs with 4 second routes that the QB doesn't have the time, patience or ability to see. 

This in a seriously, poorly coached team on every level; tons of penalties, poor play calling, no pressure on the qb, no stops on 3rd down and no running game whatsoever. To lose that bad to the lowly Giants, without their best offensive player and a QB in his 2nd NFL start, and to a defense that averaged giving up 31 pts a game in the first 3 is inexcusable on every level. Heads need to roll, we have to get our young kids out of this environment asap....before they become damaged goods or castoffs like Trent Murphy, Brashaud Breeland, Jermaine Crowder and various others have become.

So Jay Gruden is going to soon join the list of those fired by Dan Snyder. 

This dude deserves a 🏅 IMO. 

He has set a record. 

In 21 years of Dan Snyder disfunction (I'm being respectful) he has persevered through almost 30% of those years and until this year had a decent run considering the overall ineptitude of the FO of supporting him.

This dude obviously was thrown in the deep end of the pool on day one yet has lasted 6 years. 

Dude, you are a champion!!! Despite finishing 4-12 your first year you have the best run in Doofus Dan Redskins history.

What needs to be remembered here is that Dan is self serving. So, the only relevant question to be asked is what is Dan ultimately trying to achieve? The answer is he's going to try to lure, entice, lavish a person of his choice to become the next Head Coach for this Org.

He may think so far ahead as to ask himself if anyone on the current staff is worth holding onto. But that action lends itself to Dan having a moment of introspection and analysis, a willingness to explore. Which inherently implies that one doesn't know all the answers. I don't tend to associate that with Dan.  

In the offseason, he may end up not getting his most cherished prize and may have to settle for someone else and thus adjust the lavishness of his dowry accordingly. Ultimately confusing people who may presume that Dan was executing a different strategy from his well earned M.O. 

But those are all ancillary things and not truly important.

How Dan handles the public departure of the current HC, the optics, is of importance to Dan. Because Dan is all about the outward image, the appearances. Because ultimately that could influence the decision of a prospective future employee.

I think it's safe to say that Dan likes the act of "selling." He seems to come alive at the opportunity to take his medicine show on tour.

What I think of Gruden (or what anyone else in world for that matter thinks of Gruden) is of no importance to Dan. The fact that I thought of Gruden as a career coordinator from the day he was hired is of no relevance. How I would handle things (or anyone else) is also of no importance to Dan. 

We all know that Gruden is going to be fired. 

Dan has tendencies and traits that he's displayed over the last 20 years. 

So publically humiliating Gruden before the replacement plan is in place doesn't help his cause. It won't be until after the festoon is secure upon his prize that the leaks after the fact will come out tarnishing everyone of the departed who were all at fault for everything, but not Dan. Dan won't be to blame for anything. 

But you don't start waving your arms around wildly when you're trying to lure a frightened squirrel who is interested in your acorn trap. 

You can't go Al Davis overhead projector on the departing HC without some ramifications, despite how fun it would be. Any prospective employee is going to be watching how their predecessor in the collegium is treated on the way out of the very job they would be inheriting. 

Since Jay is basically dead man walking here, taking it to the next step, how long before he finds success elsewhere?

It’s a relative given that this mess isn’t all on Jay.  They certainly haven’t allowed him to “buy his own groceries” to implement the system that he wanted.

He had relative success w Kirk and you can see what a train wreck he is.

He had relative success w Smith until he got his leg ripped off.

The given(?) is that he knew Haskins wasn’t/isn’t ready but that’s what he was provided by the powers that be.  

If he sits in in an interview all he has to do is say “Redskins” and anyone will go, “yeah, we understand and won’t hold that against you”

15 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It always seemed like, from the Brucey way of thinking, it made sense to let Gruden take the L vs. New England and then promote O'Connell. Then, if he goes like 5-7 down the stretch, they can try to sell him as the "next McVay" since he improved on an 0-5 team so much.

This seems like the plan to me. One last game with McCoy limping about at QB as well (maybe)

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I would hire Tony Romo as HC if it meant Bruce and Jay were gone.......today.

Id be fine with Zorn coming back if it meant a Real GM was hired... but then a real GM would never hire a Zorn... 

Desperation.

Fire Allen.  Hire new GM.  Let new GM hire a coach we can all get behind.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:51 AM, stoshuaj said:

Since Jay is basically dead man walking here, taking it to the next step, how long before he finds success elsewhere?

I have a bet Jay will never eclipse 10 wins as a HC for any team.   Since “never” was too long, we set it at 2030.  

I am patiently waiting for my steak dinner.  Which I am damn sure I’ll collect

On 9/30/2019 at 8:51 AM, stoshuaj said:

It’s a relative given that this mess isn’t all on Jay.  They certainly haven’t allowed him to “buy his own groceries” to implement the system that he wanted.

He had relative success w Kirk and you can see what a train wreck he is.

He had relative success w Smith until he got his leg ripped off.

The given(?) is that he knew Haskins wasn’t/isn’t ready but that’s what he was provided by the powers that be.  

If he sits in in an interview all he has to do is say “Redskins” and anyone will go, “yeah, we understand and won’t hold that against you”

Jay will never get another head coaching gig.   If he did, he would never win more than 9 games.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, tmandoug1 said:

I would hire Tony Romo as HC if it meant Bruce and Jay were gone.......today.

I would hire Tony Montana as HC it meant Bruce and Jay were gone.......today.

Imagine the day he gets fired:

“You wanna **** with me? Okay. You wannaplay rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!” – Tony Montana

Archived