Riggo-toni

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@ConnSKINS26 I think mixed in there though, is that coaches can get better over time when they report to folks that know what they are talking about.  The inherent point is that every coach has weaknesses and when you work in dysfunction junction and report to a numbnuts, the likelihood you improve on said weaknesses is very small.

Of course this just went completely ignored and the same nonsense just gets repeated. Right over their heads. 

Can’t wait for the next guy whose weaknesses get highlighted here and strengths diminished so we get to hear the same thing. 

I honestly have no sympathy anymore. Don’t care for their qualifications about Bruce and Dan. They deserve what they’re about to get.

@ConnSKINS26 Don’t worry about another treatise from me you guys have no ability to directly refute, just go ahead and read the 8,000 posts a day from @Burgold and whoever that add up to a hundred treatises repeating the same thing. That’s much better, I’m sure. 

:rolleyes:

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Of course this just went completely ignored and the same nonsense just gets repeated. Right over their heads. 

Can’t wait for the next guy whose weaknesses get highlighted here and strengths diminished so we get to hear the same thing. 

I honestly have no sympathy anymore. Don’t care for their qualifications about Bruce and Dan. They deserve what they’re about to get.

@ConnSKINS26 Don’t worry about another treatise from me you guys have no ability to directly refute, just go ahead and read the 8,000 posts a day from @Burgold and whoever that add up to a hundred treatises repeating the same thing. That’s much better, I’m sure. 

:rolleyes:

Not sure what got you so annoyed, if you keep reading down that page I addressed that I think you're pretty much right on the money except for a few small points that I just can't get behind, which I laid out. My joke about the length of your response was just that, a joke. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No news or media leaks, huh? Surprised. 

Not really, some twitter rumors Jay has been fired and at a bar in Ashburn.  Not sure that's beleiveable, maybe related to that video that surfaced.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not sure what got you so annoyed, if you keep reading down that page I addressed that I think you're pretty much right on the money except for a few small points that I just can't get behind, which I laid out. My joke about the length of your response was just that, a joke. 

They’re not small points and it’s basically exactly what I directly refuted, but that’s fine, I don’t expect everyone to understand. 

What pissed me off is it was a shot taken with friggin @Burgoldwho literally has diarrhea of the mouth. I barely post anymore and I had to see that, with a couple posters laughing at it who don’t shut up here? 

Nah, man, I’m not going to just sit there and take it. If you meant it as a joke it was in poor taste, especially with who particularly enjoyed it. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

They’re not small points and it’s basically exactly what I directly refuted, but that’s fine, I don’t expect everyone to understand. 

What pissed me off is it was a shot taken with friggin @Burgoldwho literally has diarrhea of the mouth. I barely post anymore and I had to see that, with posters laughing at it who don’t shut up here? 

Nah, man, I’m not going to just sit there and take it. If you meant it as a joke it was in poor taste, especially with who particularly enjoyed it. 

If joking about the length of certain posters posts is out of line....I don't know what to say to you, I certainly didn't intend it as a deep dig. I didn't realize I stepped in the middle of a weird thing between you and Burgold, either. I have also recently made fun of Burgold for starting a silly thread after every game to see his name up in lights, to which he gave me the "confused" smiley, so I guess my jokes don't always land for either of you lol. 

I think you conveyed a lot of knowledge about the cascading failure that begins with top-level dysfunction in an organization, and I agree with a lot of the ways you argue it has hamstrung Gruden. The only disagreement that I have is in things like his early down play-calling tendencies, which he should have caught after 5 years, and his consistent habit of just going to half or the end of the game with 25+ seconds on the clock, essentially "give up" calls in low-percentage situations that some other teams nevertheless manage to salvage points from, some of the time. Those are the main things I called out as exceptions to your post, that I think any demonstrably good coach can improve on over the years, regardless of the rest of the ****show that ruins everything else.

You clearly disagree, that's fine. 

If those small disagreements with your overall argument completely disqualify me from having "understood" your posts, then feel free to ignore me. I think we've mostly had positive interactions over the years, and I've always enjoyed your posts. It doesn't mean I think you have the definitive knowledge on this topic or any topic, and I reserve my right to integrate any new information into my own thought process as I see fit, without just adopting someone else's own well-argued opinion. You certainly made me think on the topic, which I think is most important on a message board. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If joking about the length of certain posters posts is out of line....I don't know what to say to you, I certainly didn't intend it as a deep dig. I didn't realize I stepped in the middle of a weird thing between you and Burgold, either. I have also recently made fun of Burgold for starting a silly thread after every game to see his name up in lights, to which he gave me the "confused" smiley, so I guess my jokes don't always land for either of you lol. 

I think you conveyed a lot of knowledge about the cascading failure that begins with top-level dysfunction in an organization, and I agree with a lot of the ways you argue it has hamstrung Gruden. The only disagreement that I have is in things like his early down play-calling tendencies, which he should have caught after 5 years, and his consistent habit of just going to half or the end of the game with 25+ seconds on the clock, essentially "give up" calls in low-percentage situations that some other teams nevertheless manage to salvage points from, some of the time. Those are the main things I called out as exceptions to your post, that I think any demonstrably good coach can improve on over the years, regardless of the rest of the ****show that ruins everything else.

You clearly disagree, that's fine. 

If those small disagreements with your overall argument completely disqualify me from having "understood" your posts, then feel free to ignore me. I think we've mostly had positive interactions over the years, and I've always enjoyed your posts. It doesn't mean I think you have the definitive knowledge on this topic or any topic, and I reserve my right to integrate any new information into my own thought process as I see fit, without just adopting someone else's own well-argued opinion. You certainly made me think on the topic, which I think is most important on a message board. 

I think you can understand how it came off, especially when it included someone who not only stands as the antithesis to everything I talk about when it comes to over-emphasizing of coaches at the pro level, but also someone who has written infinitely more than myself. 

You don’t see how that’d be taken annoyingly? 

As for your points, like I said, even the most mundane things can be glossed over and/or incur a loss of focus on when you’re in an environment of dysfunction. There are basics of social psychology, organizational principles and culture that you have to ignore to not understand this. Not to mention the incredible amount of evidence we have at this point in terms of various coaches and coaching styles that have passed through here and all fundamentally fail at around the same level. 

So it’s tough for me to read your posts here and say, yeah, those are just “small disagreements”. Especially when you’re running with the crowd who thinks otherwise. 

But I’m not going to reiterate it all. And I don’t need to be to be reminded about your rights to integrate whatever you want from whomever’s thinking. Which is why I said I don’t expect everyone to understand. That doesn’t mean what I said was definitive, but what it does mean is that I believe your small disagreements display a lack of understanding of the basic premise of what I posted. And, yes, we can agree to disagree about it. No problem. 

But I hope you can at least get why I got pissed. It’s not crazy. And part of it is because I’ve always considered you someone I had a positive relationship with here, as you clearly agree with, so it caught me by surprise. 

I usually stay away from the board after a loss for a day or two because I think it’s all just emotionalism that’s driving most of the posts. This further proves it for me. But I couldn’t just ignore that shot. Sorry, man. 

• Thanks 1

@thesubmittedone I hear you, and I get it. Where I come from, we poke and roast the people we like and respect and we insult the people we dislike and disrespect. It's easy to cross those wires on either end of the transaction, and I should know that. Apologies for the agitation, man. Whether I agree with individual posts or not, it's better around here when guys like you post more often, but it's also understandable to think that during this kind of endless downward spiral, the noise can drown out the useful conversation. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Where I come from, we poke and roast the people we like and respect and we insult the people we dislike and disrespect.

I know, brother, trust me, it’s the same where I come from, too. It’s why I hated it that it came from you, because I don’t want that to stop between us and I know some of the posters who laughed at it actually do have a board vendetta against me, so that just added to it if that makes sense. 

Anyway, it’s all good. I have zero hard feelings towards you, honestly. And, just to let you know, out of everyone I directed that post for last Saturday, I felt like you were the one I had the most chance to influence positively, because I respect your mind more than anyone else’s. ;) 

• Thanks 1

twitter awash in rumors that Jay is fired; lots of troll accounts tho.  "Most" credible seems to be an Atlanta sports talk radio who claims to have a source w/ the team.. 

I want to wake up tomorrow and read that it finally happened. 

Remembering the last couple of seasons and how the team always choked with a chance at making the playoffs. 

I don’t care who becomes the interim coach but he should let Haskins play and see what happens. At least I can watch the games hoping Haskins improves from game to game.  

Simple fans beget simple results.

Over

And

Over

And

Over

And

Over

And

Over

Dan provides all of this and more...

7 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

What pissed me off is it was a shot taken with friggin @Burgoldwho literally has diarrhea of the mouth. I barely post anymore and I had to see that, with a couple posters laughing at it who don’t shut up here? 

Honestly, I don't remember taking any shots at you. If I offended you I apologize. I've never disliked you as a poster. My irritation lies strictly with this team.

Posted (edited)

Now we are officially on Bruce Watch...

Edited by dballer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

BA the ringmaster is going to keep this circus go round and round

Edited by FrFan

On 9/25/2019 at 6:16 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe Horton as DC but I’d bet Callahan gets the HC nod due to his affiliation with Bruce.

Really interested to know how much autonomy KOC has in playcalling. Two games in and really not impressed thus far. Just finished watching the Niners game. How many Sims gadget plays are we gonna call per game? Felt like they went away from downhill running and got too cute.

4 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

Really interested to know how much autonomy KOC has in playcalling.

Sure looked like Callahan gave him a Tecmo Bowl play sheet and demanded he only use the 4 running plays.

• Haha 1