Renegade7

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

Ultimately I'm in the "I don't care" category, but it's absolutely time for a full-on boycott of the franchise by the fans. This organization is a carcass. Throw some dirt on it and move on.

I'll still watch the games on tv (I guess...) but there will never be another visit to a Redskins stadium for me, there will never be a merchandise purchase, and there will never be any emotion one way or the other for me until Daniel Snyder sells this team. 

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 2

I tend to agree that an old-school email campaign might get no traction.

But what if we wrote a tight, one-page statement/petition and pushed it out virally? See if we could harness the grievances of the fan base and get it picked up by the media. It's probably equally unlikely, but something could in theory catch fire and embarrass the Dan.

• Like 1

Not only is the fanbase staying away from FedEx, but as I say above, they are losing overall interest in the team that was once at the heart of everything in the DMV. And THAT has led to a diminished interest in one of the best products in American business today—the NFL. And THIS is something that has to be at least starting to seep into the hearts and minds of Dan’s fellow owners. Before they start trying to export the game to Europe, maybe they should make sure they re-establish the game in the heart of the free world.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/9/30/20891378/looks-like-someone-has-a-sixpack-of-the-mondays-danhastogo

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JCB said:

I tend to agree that an old-school email campaign might get no traction.

But what if we wrote a tight, one-page statement/petition and pushed it out virally? See if we could harness the grievances of the fan base and get it picked up by the media. It's probably equally unlikely, but something could in theory catch fire and embarrass the Dan.

You mean something like this?

https://www.change.org/p/redskins-need-to-fire-bruce-allen

• Like 1

I don't know why the broadcast teams never directly call out Snyder or the front office during games.

They'll indirectly throw out a blurb about the number of coaches he's hired since being owner and the win % but never pointedly criticize the front office.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I don't know why the broadcast teams never directly call our Snyder or the front office during games.

Because they like being paid a lot of money to tell us that a team doesn’t like to be in 3rd and long.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I don't know why the broadcast teams never directly call our Snyder or the front office during games.

They'll indirectly throw out a blurb about the number of coaches he's hired since being owner and the win % but never pointedly criticize the front office.

They have to sit in production meetings with people from the team, they try not to call for jobs and such. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They have to sit in production meetings with people from the team, they try not to call for jobs and such. 

So can we get that changed?

On 10/1/2019 at 11:56 AM, ntotoro said:

Someone is auditioning to become the Redskins' new GM.

He passed step #1 -- agree with Dan. 😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He passed step #1 -- agree with Dan. 😀

I really enjoyed the article and that picture says it all for most fans.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, Renegade7 said:

Going to games, I can tell you youd be suprised how many other teams fans are embarrassed for us.  You ever beat your little brother so much in a video game you get tired of playing them?  That was my experience at the eagles game last year, even they want Snyder gone, the only difference in their game experience is their team wins they have to take that same stupid ass walk from the metro as we do, same crappy concessions as us.

I find that surprising.  I would think the Cowboys\Eagles\Giants fans (and hell, organizations) would want Dan to have a long, healthy reign.  If he needed a kidney you know they would be line out the door with our rivals fans getting tested to see if they are a match.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I find that surprising.  I would think the Cowboys\Eagles\Giants fans (and hell, organizations) would want Dan to have a long, healthy reign.  If he needed a kidney you know they would be line out the door with our rivals fans getting tested to see if they are a match.

Theres a difference in believing Snyder needs to go and wanting him to go.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres a difference in believing Snyder needs to go and wanting him to go.

Right.  And I was responding to "want" to go which I bolded.

"even they want Snyder gone"

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I've got the next couple of days off starting tomorrow, and I really need a distraction from life.

I have no money to put into it, only time and effort, but I really want to push this and see what we can do with it. I'm sick of the only real escapism I have left being such a disappointment and frustration.

So, where do we go from here? How can I help?

Some thoughts:

Online petitions (change.org, etc) aimed at NFL owners/leadership and to include presidents/CEOs of major advertisers for the NFL, sports news outlets/figures, etc.

A hashtag that's unique to this attempt and can be separated from the ongoing popular tags (#FireBruceAllen) that pissed off fans use. This can be focused thru all social media.

...and so on.

Honestly, if somebody wants to copyright whatever ideas really take off, this stuff could probably fund itself to include something to really insult Dan (think "Trump Baby Balloon").

Stuff like this is how we defeat Snyder and get to (eventually) take pride in the team again.

Edited by tibbidoe
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Right.  And I was responding to "want" to go which I bolded.

"even they want Snyder gone"

That distinction is important in regards to numbers.  Most I talk to believe he should go, most I talk dont want him but always in a joking, trash talking manner.  I dont think the conversation has ever be phrased in the in the context of supporting getting rid of him because of stuff like hes suing season ticket holders into bankruptcy. 

We dont know if our rival fans would get in the way of a protest because we havent asked them, far as they are concerned we arent serious about it anyway and consider the situation hopeless as well, that's from going to the games and talking about this.  Would a stadium full of fans chanting to sell the team get countered by a louder chant to keep it?  I dont think so. That doesnt mean there wont be some that playfully do, but we've never taken this protest idea to the point of being taken seriously.

Theres really only one way to find out.  Some things are bigger then wins and loses, and even DC cowboys fans that picked them because of how Snyder is running the Redskins understand that.

Well, if you can muster up, lets see, one, two, three, um, 16 people, all wearing plain white shirts with very big letters on it, going to the game, spelling out

" Fire Bruce Allen ", and manage to get them all lined up together, at least you'd get some air time on tv.

Naturally you'd have to coordinate it so it starts from the right in the stands or it will be all backwards, further displaying the ineptness at FedEx field...