Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

On 9/26/2019 at 8:32 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Personally, I'd like to just hear "Sell the team" chants loud and clear on television, to the extent they talk about it on the broadcast.

No chance, our fans are officially drowned out by opposition fans.

Front row seats with signage hanging over the railing FTW.

Let's solicit the forefather in stadium signage, John 3:16. Bah even they couldn't fix this mess

20 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

The best approach here is the same one that gets to political commentators.

Contact the advertisers.

Don't say "hey, you shouldn't buy ad time associated with Dan Snyder's Redskins". It needs to be "I won't use YOUR product until you remove association with anything Redskins". The CBA protects Snyder. Next step is to pressure the league's revenue stream. Dan can't be the only person to suffer in order to force change. It needs to be felt by the NFL/other owners.

Creative thinking.  I like it.  Yeah the more I think about it the only thing we accomplish when we write to Redskins Park is getting rid of one of Dan's underlings.  To put pressure on Dan himself IMO it has to directed outside of Redskins Park.    Personally, I think its so different and wild of an approach that it might have more impact than some think.

And yeah i know nothing is a silver bullet.    But it only helps to pile on. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the last time fans tried this they got their signs taken on the way in.

Yep but it was a story and that's all you need.  WP or whomever writing a story about it is killer good.  The one interesting thing (and a WP writer yesterday commented on it) is Dan being a problem is starting to catch on nationally in a much bigger way.  There was always an element out there about it nationally but the intensity has ratcheted up.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the last time fans tried this they got their signs taken on the way in.

You gotta fold em up and stash'em to get through security, or the ole classic - pass them over the fence.  Folks in row 1 have to have them at the ready, and wait patiently for the camera man.  Unfurl!! Of course, I think the NFL has told its camera folks, to not show our stands...  aka "our" fans.

From waiting for years and years for season tickets in the same stadium with 20K more seats 2 decades ago to watching home Cowboys and Bears games in DC today.

Dan you ****ing suck!!! You know it and obviously everybody else does too.

"But all he wants to do is win"

:rofl89:

Do any of you still believe that BS?

BTW, Dan is winning!

jhudv0sz1miph2yuvjo7.jpg

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If there was an organized event where that was the plan, I’d be willing to buy cheap tickets on the secondary market and scream my lungs out.  But I don’t have the energy or passion to organize it myself.

One game isnt good enough, this will take a while, jus go, the second it becomes a thing it will take a life of it's own.  I'm considering going to the Pat's game jus for this, only thing making me think twice is it's my dad's birthday and I'd rather spend it with him.  Stuff like that is why this wont be a priority to some but we have to start somewhere

This is becoming a multi pronged approach in the making, it wont happen overnight

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm sure they quite like Dan owning the team.  Similar to the argument that other owners don't care that Dan hires awful people to run his football team.  It's a competitive advantage for them.

Going to games, I can tell you youd be suprised how many other teams fans are embarrassed for us.  You ever beat your little brother so much in a video game you get tired of playing them?  That was my experience at the eagles game last year, even they want Snyder gone, the only difference in their game experience is their team wins they have to take that same stupid ass walk from the metro as we do, same crappy concessions as us.

It is a catch 22 because they dont want us to turn into a dynasty, but no one likes coming to our stadium, some are jus too far to get it theirs.  Theres a difference between thinking he should be gone and actually wanting him gone, yes, same time hes not leaving, so as much as some opposing fans like to embarrass us, this may be another way for them to do it that actually helps us at the same time.

It's funny when we talk about loving to hate someone, rivalries but brotherhood, many know of the terrible stuff this man had been up to, some dont, forcing him in the spotlight in how hes treating us and this franchise, not saying it will work or other fans will buy, but if I go around handing out fliers outside the stadium I'm printing enough to hand out to no matter who they are a fan of

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

.because national media is SLOW to this story of how much he is hated.  they understand it to a point but not to an equal level.   you need to make HIM the story.  dont know how to do that.  im open to suggestions.  but he needs to be the most talked about guy in washington.  not the coach.  not the qb.  not the GM.  he can HIDE behind all of that talk.  and he can be relatively comfortable as long as the airwaves talk about bruce allen or case keenum or the D Coor or whatever.  

It's not surprising to me that he hasn't been a bigger subject of scrutiny on the radio; from what I've heard of sports radio in DC, it sucks. I'll occasionally tune in online to 980 and the afternoon drive guy doesn't even devote his whole show to sports. Steve something. He's horrible. His counterpart up here in NJ/NY is Mike Francesa, and he has skewered the owners of NY franchises for years when they aren't doing well. The Jets don't even let their people go on his show. And when I've heard him talk about the Redskins, he'll often say things like "what the hell is Snyder doing down there?" He knows it and speaks about it (since this is Giants week, I'm sure he's spending some time talking about the Redskins current situation). Are the radio stations down there partially owned by Snyder and they're afraid to talk about him being the problem?     

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Personally, I'd like to just hear "Sell the team" chants loud and clear on television, to the extent they talk about it on the broadcast.

It won't work, because they'll be drowned out by all the Cowboys/Eagles/Giants fans chanting "KEEP THE TEAM!!"

And Bruce will turn to Dan, slurring his words after his 17th Coors Light: "See, Dan! They want you to keep the team."

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If there was an organized event where that was the plan, I’d be willing to buy cheap tickets on the secondary market and scream my lungs out.  But I don’t have the energy or passion to organize it myself.

This couldve happened maybe a decade ago. I'd wager the people that go now are mostly good, kindhearted folks that will stay above the fray and support the team no matter what (though they know it's a sinking ship ), dumbasses, and people taking advantage of the fact that they're literally giving away tickets now. None in that group likely will care enough to do something like that.

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Similar to the argument that other owners don't care that Dan hires awful people to run his football team.  It's a competitive advantage for them.

Also probably why they chose him to buy the team in the first place.

They had to have seen the ineptitude coming from a mile away.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This couldve happened maybe a decade ago. I'd wager the people that go now are mostly good, kindhearted folks that will stay above the fray and support the team no matter what (though they know it's a sinking ship ), dumbasses, and people taking advantage of the fact that they're literally giving away tickets now. None in that group likely will care enough to do something like that.

Disagree given I still go to the games.  Theres a difference between booing the team and chanting against the owner.

39 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Also probably why they chose him to buy the team in the first place.

They had to have seen the ineptitude coming from a mile away.

I dont believe they allowed him to buy the team figuring shrinking the fanbase of one the the largest markets in the country was somehow a plus for them

9 hours ago, The Sisko said:

You just gave me an idea. One way the area could leverage our local fanbase is to contact advertisers running ads in the stadium. So, Papa Johns, you wanna support Lord Farquaad with stadium ads, then no more of your ****ty pizza for my kids. I’ll buy Pizza Hut’s ****ty pizza instead. IIRC don’t owners keep all the stadium ad revenue? If so, that would hit him directly and be another embarrassment.

I agree this will do some damage to his bottom line, but I still think it needs to be bigger. Dan has a $180M yacht, so a few less pizzas (or whatever) being sold won't get much of a reaction from him or ad purchasers, to the point of being a problem.

If we can effect change to the league/other owners, THEY'LL get upset and have the ability to apply real pressure.

Both options would hopefully embarrass Snyder, but the bigger the impact the bigger the story, the better chance of forcing him to really fix this franchise.

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Creative thinking.  I like it.  Yeah the more I think about it the only thing we accomplish when we write to Redskins Park is getting rid of one of Dan's underlings.  To put pressure on Dan himself IMO it has to directed outside of Redskins Park.    Personally, I think its so different and wild of an approach that it might have more impact than some think.

And yeah i know nothing is a silver bullet.    But it only helps to pile on.

Exactly.

At minimum, we can embarrass him. Best case, the other billionaires either sit him down and talk some sense into him or possibly 'go nuclear' on our behalf.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont believe they allowed him to buy the team figuring shrinking the fanbase of one the the largest markets in the country was somehow a plus for them

Because you don't remember the arrogance. They had to know that this guy was going to think he was going run through the league.

Kinda hilarious that 20 years later and he's got a single playoff win to be proud of.

But Dan Snyder is winning. The Redskins aren't but who really cares?

12 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

You gotta fold em up and stash'em to get through security, or the ole classic - pass them over the fence.  Folks in row 1 have to have them at the ready, and wait patiently for the camera man.  Unfurl!! Of course, I think the NFL has told its camera folks, to not show our stands...  aka "our" fans.

Well, they can't stop people from wearing shirts; so a group of 'fans' goes to the game, each one wearing a certain large letter on it, so when they get together it spells the message out. Of course it does take a little bit of coordination, otherwise the message ends up backwards on tv.

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

No, the time to go nuclear was about 10 years ago

I was kinda thinking on getting the Mind Stone from the Infinity Gauntlet and hypnotizing Snyder into cleaning house. If it doesn't work out like we want, then just get the Time Stone and go back and make corrections as needed.   Or I could just say the hec with it all, take Scarlett Johannsen and a bottle of scotch and live happily ever after.  🤤

...All that’s clear: success remains elusive, and every football mind who works for Snyder eventually leaves with his reputation tarnished.

Several figures throughout the league, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the organization, blame Snyder’s decision-making for the failures. When he isn’t meddling, he has left the decision-making to top lieutenants Vinny Cerrato (1999, 2002-09) and Allen (2010-present), who have no track record of success.

Others around the league — some of them former employees, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity so they could speak freely — believe Washington’s never-ending struggles are a result of karma.

They surmise Snyder’s track record of treating people poorly – scrimping on employees' pay and benefits, suing season ticket holders for trying to get out of their contracts because of financial hardships, clinging to a team name some view as racist – prevents his organization from thriving. Others believe Snyder has sabotaged efforts by refusing to ever hire, or stick with, a head coach he allows to operate with the authority necessary to produce a winning team. 

Their points: Washington was appeared headed in the right direction under Norv Turner, Schottenheimer and Shanahan until Snyder interfered. 

...Turner’s disagreement with Snyder’s preference of George over Brad Johnson cost the coach his job. Snyder’s desire to take back the personnel power given to Schottenheimer led to that firing as well. And Snyder’s close bond with Robert Griffin III caused him to favor player over coach, resulting in Shanahan's dismissal.

The one time Snyder did trust a coach in Gibbs, Washington had its most stable – albeit short-lived – stretch with two playoff berths in four years. 

Gruden, like his predecessors, always has to deal with questions of who’s really in charge: him or his bosses. Whether it’s Snyder, who pushed for the drafting of Haskins with the 15th overall pick despite his coach's preference to meet other pressing needs, or Allen, who refused to meet Kirk Cousins’ asking price for a long-term deal although Gruden wanted to retain the quarterback, conflict often recurs in critical areas.

Players sense such elements of division, and that prevents a complete buy-in.

Some around the league have expressed doubt that Snyder and the Redskins, in their current structure, will ever experience a true and lasting turnaround. They don’t doubt Snyder's desire to win. But because of the continued absence of a proven football mind by his side, the owner and organization will continue to flounder, they predict.

The eternal optimist in me thinks there is a small sliver of a chance that Snyder can actually luck into hiring a competent GM, and that in "fairness" to him, he's only had 2 idiotic yes men in that role since he's owned the team...but the realist in me knows that this will never happen.  

Archived