Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres a difference between defending the team from predictions we will have a 2-14 record and claiming unfair treatment of Snyder.  This is the official team message board, who's defending this guy anymore? No one, that ship has sailed, that overall  number is borderline igonrable I think it's that small.  What I think you mean is people that will still go to the games, but that's not because they agree with Snyder.

No, I was responding to the idea that there are still people that will defend this stuff. There are. There are people that are loyal to the bitter end. As I mentioned, that grouping is much, much smaller than it once was. But it still exists to some degree. I do agree though, it's ignorable for the most part. 

At this stage, people need to stop attending the games period. We need messages that are impossible to ignore. It's getting there, but it's not humiliating enough yet. Honestly though, I do think there's largely zero hope whatsoever for the next decade or two barring a massive health issue for Snyder. 

Just now, Veryoldschool said:

Am I the only one who fears Snyder will figure out how to turn a buck off of all this negative energy?

He could steal my idea from years ago.

Make and sell Dan Snyder and Vinny, now Bruce Allen voodoo dolls to torture during the game while we are being tortured by the play on the field.

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We'e been talking here about sell the team pressure.  My point wasn't the specific statement on the billboard but the concept itself.  But yeah I agree. 

I'm just responding exclusively to the quote being used on the billboard. Or the idea. I think it's wrong. I think it needs to be harsher, and more emphatic w/regards to selling rather than fixing. "Fixing," gives him a false sense of empowerment that we're naive enough to think he actually "can" fix it when we know he can't.

Also perhaps hitting him where it hurts, "Snyder Communications was luck: Right Place, right time, luck. You've been a failure for the redskins for decades, you were a business success for a minute. The proof is in the pudding."

Somebody else can figure the phrasing on that angle, but it's definitively true, he built business success during the crazy internet 90's and sold before it went bust much like Cuban, and unlike Cuban, Snyder has proven that it was luck, and not talent, that lead to said success.

I get that that sorta messaging is way too nuanced and obscure, but it needs to start floating into the ether. I think Boswell mentioned something similar recently, so I do get the sense that people are finally willing to call "bull----," on the idea that he was a great businessman before he bought the redskins, he was a lucky businessman, there's a difference. Great men figure it out in other fields and/or have multiple successes, it's quite clear at this point that he was largely lucky, rather than talented. I know I'm going off topic, but needling him here is a nice way to hurt him, as his "call me mr. Snyder," and "don't look me in the face" little Napoleon crap obviously comes from the fact that psychologically, he's a small, little, insecure man, who knows he's a fraud who lucked his way into literally everything he has.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We'e been talking here about sell the team pressure.  My point wasn't the specific statement on the billboard but the concept itself.  But yeah I agree. 

I agree with the concern this tiger isn't going to change his stripes.  That he needs someone that will standup to him in Bruce's role if he wont sell.

You mentioned from getgo trying not to make this personal and nasty, this is business.  The dude is an habitual line stepper in regards to his relationship with the fans, what is the line we need to go by to keep from turning him into a sympathetic figure?

We come at the king, we best not miss.

11 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

No, I was responding to the idea that there are still people that will defend this stuff. There are. There are people that are loyal to the bitter end. As I mentioned, that grouping is much, much smaller than it once was. But it still exists to some degree. I do agree though, it's ignorable for the most part. 

I can dig it.

11 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

At this stage, people need to stop attending the games period. We need messages that are impossible to ignore. It's getting there, but it's not humiliating enough yet. Honestly though, I do think there's largely zero hope whatsoever for the next decade or two barring a massive health issue for Snyder. 

This is the point I've made in multiple threads now, that protest is already happening, but it's not having the desired effect because of opposing fan takeovers.  If you didnt have opposing fans taking our place, fedex would be a ghost town for every home game now.  This idea isnt going to work unless we can get opposing fans to stop going as well, and that's a hard sell, worth it considering the stakes.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Appreciate that.  The reason why I believe we should stay focused on Dan is because it will be an easier message and target that may force Dan to fire Bruce jus to calm the situation down. The problem with going after Bruce is he is a symptom of Dan, Vinny campaign worked only in replacing him with a smarter yes man. 

I dont think Dan will sell, either, but if we are going to go all in, let's go all in to see what he does.  We also gotta keep in mind he not only has a stupid amount of pride Dan genuinely doesnt know what hes doing and need someone who does.  He doesnt jus need to make moves to placate us he needs to get someone who knows what hes doing that wont fire for telling him what he doesnt want to hear.

I wont get in anyone's way in terms of how they want to go after this.  I'll jus say I'd rather keep this on the true problem to see if he changes versus giving him the go ahead to replace another scapegoat.  If we are finally at the point of an organized protests, let go for the jugular because hell likely fire Bruce to get us to stop if it gets bad enough.

Sounds like a plan....I'm with ya.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nice.  Should the focus be closest to the stadium or highest volume of eye traffic?

Well, there is a quantity minimum but my spitballing (knee-jerk?) thought was to put the loudest/largest on whatever route Mr Snyder takes to both FedEx and the practice facility.  

A.  He’s the only single person that can actually make a difference

B.  If he’s actually is that freaking obtuse and insulated, put it out there for HIM to see

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I agree with the concern this tiger isn't going to change his stripes.  That he needs someone that will standup to him in Bruce's role if he wont sell.

You mentioned from getgo trying not to make this personal and nasty, this is business.  The dude is an habitual line stepper in regards to his relationship with the fans, what is the line we need to go by to keep from turning him into a sympathetic figure?

To me it all depends on context.  I said on that subject that if we were writing to the NFL office we don't want to come off nasty.  The more reasonable and sad we come off the better IMO.   

I still like the idea of writing to the league office but I think its stronger if we let things play out a little.  I like a billboard and or a WP ad, too.  But if feels like we are in the middle of a movie where we need to see the plot play out some to see what's the best tact.   Dan/Bruce are working on their Plan B during the season.  I think its stronger when we give time for their Plan B to fail and i think it will fail. 

Right now, internally, I would bet they sold the problem as being all Jay driven so even if they think fans are upset they'd figure we'd come around.  They might beat the Dolphins which will IMO delude them that things are turning around but IMO that won't last long. 

My thought for the moment is to work to keep this thread on the first page for the whole season, keep track of people who want to do something, then close to the end of the year, we go for it.  Pick a couple of things and do it.  And track to see if there is an organized movement we can piggy bank on maybe.

the waiting has nothing to do with any type of procrastination.  It's that I suspect this is going to be a wild ride of a season as for bad things happening.  And I think we got to let it unfold some.  Before it unfolds, I doubt anyone would pay much attention to any movement type of thing.  But just like last season the firebruceallen drill got hot right at the end of the season and carried into the off season.  I think this time the timing would be best in a similar time frame.   

Having said that it's a moving target so it might change.  I do think there is enough going on organically on social media and on TV/radio to keep the heat on them right now.  And I love how it's going.  I like Jay as a person so I can't celebrate his demise but it in an odd way might have been the best thing to happen -- firing him during the season.  Because it sets up the next chapter right away and they got to ride that now -- where they don't have the whole off season to sell Plan B.    Even if Callahan isn't the future coach, we are still watching this supposedly "playoff roster" play out with another HC. 

And the focus is heavy on Dan-Bruce.   That's new from what I recall as to firings.  Yeah people have been upset at Dan-Bruce plenty.  But typically when the coach goes its enough red meat to please people at the time.  It was the case with Shanny and Zorn.  But as Michael Phillips said among others, he's never seen a fan base less satisfied from a coach firing than this one.  If Dan-Bruce are paying attention, they might be shocked by that. 

@Skinsinparadise I believe if we are planning for a mass protest, it should be the 12/22/2019 game at home against the Giants.  That's the last home game and gives enough time for people to make plans or try to sell their tickets.  Gives enough time for people to demand refunds like the Bengals fans did.

https://www.cincinnati.csnbbs.com/thread-378836-post-4500751.html#pid4500751

I want to get Giants fans not to go, I want fedex completely empty and people protesting outside.  Turn the game off in DC area to kill the tv ratings.  Let every protest how they protest and plan for a sell the team protest for the giants game.  Dont you think we should start planning and putting that out now via social media?  It's going to get harder the longer we wait right?

44 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise I believe if we are planning for a mass protest, it should be the 12/22/2019 game at home against the Giants.  That's the last home game and gives enough time for people to make plans or try to sell their tickets.  Gives enough time for people to demand refunds like the Bengals fans did.

I want to get Giants fans not to go, I want fedex completely empty and people protesting outside.  Turn the game off in DC area to kill the tv ratings.  Let every protest how they protest and plan for a sell the team protest for the giants game.  Dont you think we should start planning and putting that out now via social media?  It's going to get harder the longer we wait right?

This segment here, I found interesting, they checked around with people who know Jay who alluded to him thinking its going to implode over there.  That's my gut on this too per my last post.  But interesting to hear is laid out by someone who was just there.   No matter what people think of Jay IMO we want the focus on Dan-Bruce. 

It would have been perfect timing this week for all the protests, billboards, wapo ads or whatever is going to be done. They are already talking about how screwed up the Redskins are on every sports show in the country and it would just build into a bigger story that would probably smoke Dan out of his cave and cause something to happen with Bruce.

I think that waiting until after the season is a mistake. People tune out by then, right now is when everything is being looked at and talked about repeatedly by every network in the country. Nobody is going to care about the dumpster fire in DC in February or March.

Still, replacing Bruce with another puppet isn't going to change anything. Only him selling or actually getting a new and improved Marty with a real FO with total control will make a difference (and I don't mean the so called "total control" with the Dan and Bruce tag team trying to interfere in all decisions) either.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

We need to get the parking attendants on board so they let us all in the lot for free....They can just say that people refused to pay and kept driving thru the gates in mass. How awesome would that be if Dan lost a Sunday full of parking and a protest was going on in the lot?

12 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We need to get the parking attendants on board so they let us all in the lot for free....They can just say that people refused to pay and kept driving thru the gates in mass. How awesome would that be if Dan lost a Sunday full of parking and a protest was going on in the lot?

Maybe we should write letters to Mrs. Snyder if he won't stand up and be heard from?

Would it be worth mentioning the entire ownership group by name in any forms of protest we put in writing? 

Dan Snyder (65%)

Dwight Schar (15%) Real Estate Developer

Robert Rothman (15%) Florida financier

Frederick Smith (5%): Founder of Fed Ex

Gotta wonder what level of care/concern they have about all of this? Or are they just in it for the money? 

Having a convo with a group of coworkers about this and said the Jets game was a better idea for a protest because less likely a chance of a takeover to drown it out. 

What yall think?  Jets game? Giants game?  Wait until after Miami game to decide if jus protest every home game rest of the year?  I can see the arguement for the Jets game, I jus expect this to get worse and build up as @Skinsinparadise.  

Really think we should start getting word out to give media something to keep talking about before they get bored with us waiting to see what we do.  We should be doing other stuff in meantime, like idea of a GoFundMe for a billboard, going to look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

Would reminding the sports world of the accusations made by the Redskins Cheerleaders stating they were forced to pose topless and hang out with donors assist in putting pressure on Daniel Snyder to sell the team?  I am starting to get out of touch...is this as offensive as the racist rant made Donald Sterling which forced him to sell the LA Clippers?

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Would reminding the sports world of the accusations made by the Redskins Cheerleaders stating they were forced to pose topless and hang out with donors assist in putting pressure on Daniel Snyder to sell the team?  I am starting to get out of touch...is this as offensive as the racist rant made Donald Sterling which forced him to sell the LA Clippers?

no, because there wasn't any hard evidence of this stuff.  there were claims by some of the cheerleaders and then there were later claims by other cheerleaders that it wasn't the case.  either way, even if it WERE the case, that would not be enough to then force the owner of a sports club to sell his team.  he could be punished at best with some small penalty.  for this to play out, you would need some verifiable evidence that cheerleaders were forced against their will to perform actual sex acts and you would also need the owner to have some knowledge that it occurred.  this controversy never made it to that level.   

a recent (2 yrs old) under the radar interview with Dan Snyder.   Of course, the interviewer is a friend (Thiesmann) but there are some redskin questions that are asked here.  you'll hear him say "we're getting closer and closer".     the problem with him and his security guard/VP of Football Ops is that they are ALWAYS SELLING YOU.  Then can never stop with their MARKETING PITCH.   Just have a regular conversation, you don't have to sell your program every second you talk.  You're not even there in this interview to sell tickets, you're there as a Notre Dame parent.  But these guys CANNOT STOP SELLING THEMSELVES.  AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM.   On the other hand, it is interesting and perhaps eye-opening to see Snyder in 2017 refer to Cousins as a franchise QB and one where they dont have to look at the position which makes one wonder if Snyder how Snyder could feel now if he's being true then that he entrusted his security guard to keep his franchise QB here and it instead his security guard / Vp of Football Ops low balled the guy, purposely misprounced his name and that guy currently is the #1 rated passer in the NFL while washington has had a pile of dung play the position since.

Archived