Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bears

KDawg

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

What?  His two drafts he ran were atrocious.  He clearly was **** face hammered during both of those drafts.  I envision him downing shots of vodka, throwing darts at a board wearing just a tie and wife beater.  

We all have something that drives us to our depths in life... working with Bruce did that to Scot.

5 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

This is exactly what I mentioned about the "mutual-exclusivity" issue it seems we have as a fanbase.

Saying Jay has had a half-dozen years to show he's in over his head doesn't excuse Brucie Boy (even though he needs to go and a new GM clean house). Mack wasn't even accounted for until the second-half, as if Jay seemed to forget he even played for the Bears. Saw way too many times where he had a TE on him (and Jay seems to be against having TE's who can actually block, for some reason) and consecutive plays where there was literally no one on him. That's inexcusable, but also not mutually exclusive with Keenum have a suckalicious game. I think plenty of people have opined on that since last night. The picks, the worm-burners, the "sneak" (which was a lousy call to begin with), the free-plays that he didn't exploit...

Jay has been given long enough to show he's in over his head. That can also exist in a universe where you can say Bruce sucks and Keenum contributed pretty heavily to the loss.

There is no mutual-exclusivity issue with me.  Just earlier today I told you that I'd sacrifice Jay to get rid of Bruce in a split second.  But what I won't get behind is Jay being the sacrificial lamb for the Bruce Allen regime, where Bruce gets another crack at another head coach.  I don't care who the coach is, if Bruce Allen is selecting him, there will not be an ounce of buy-in from me.

I bolded the part about the tight end because it would lead one to believe that Jay is in charge of personnel.  He has some favorites, like every other head coach in the history of the sport, for sure. Some certainly make you wonder. But by no means does he have reign over what type of tight ends he has at his disposal.  In fact, I read over the offseason that Jay was PO'd about that position in particular, that he wanted that type of help there and none came.  I'd also imagine Jay would prefer a QB other than Case Keenum or a very raw Haskins in a season he's expected to win.  And the list goes on.

You are correct in that Jay has shown to be over his head.  Interesting enough, every single head coach Dan Snyder has ever hired has shown to be in over their head, no matter their experience level.  Must just be coincidence.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You are correct in that Jay has shown to be over his head.  Interesting enough, every single head coach Dan Snyder has ever hired has shown to be in over their head, no matter their experience level.  Must just be coincidence

Gibbs 2.0 actually had the opposite effect on me. It made me realize what a great job he did, considering his years out of the league combined with working with this festering FO structure.

Norval had one foot out the door and was bad before Danny even bought the team, Schott knew what he was doing and wouldn't give up personnel control (hence was shown the door to make way for the return of Kindergarten Ninja), SOS was a goof,  Zorn was a goof and God knows what went on with Shanny (other than the RG3 nonsense). The hires themselves have been pretty lousy for the most part and that leads to Danny Boy. He's the one thing that will sadly never change.

Just now, ntotoro said:

Gibbs 2.0 actually had the opposite effect on me. It made me realize what a great job he did, considering his years out of the league combined with working with this festering FO structure.

Gibbs was in over his head here just as well.  He had free reign to tell Vinny to go get whatever he wanted no matter the ramifications to draft capital and the salary cap.  When Joe Gibbs was last here, there was no salary cap.  I love Joe Gibbs with all my heart, we even share the same birthday, but Gibbs 2.0 is only really special because it was Joe Gibbs and it's sadly the best 4 year stretch any coach under Snyder has put together.

The question I kept asking myself last night, was does this team with Joe Gibbs at HC play like THAT. That sloppy. Not chipping Mack. Not making Trubisky uncomfortable by playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 2 and rushing 4. 

The answer I kept finding was no. The coaching staff needs to go. Dan needs to pull the plug on THIS team contending now. Trade Trent and get a future asset to surround Haskins. Cut Norman, Reed, and Moses next year. Resign Scherff. A new staff coupled with Haskins and Mclaurin a couple firsts and some nice pieces on D will make a turn around quick. Think the Rams after they finally ousted Fisher. 

A pretty pathetic performance all around- out coached & out played once again. As ugly and embarrassing as the loss was last night, watching this Ha Ha Clinton Dix stick to us made me want to vomit! i can honestly say that the dude didn't make one single play in the nine games he played for us last year- NOT ONE SINGLE PLAY! I understand that the Bears are better defensively than we were last year and he can play more freely on their D than he could on ours. That said, the guy didn't make a single play for us last year! The fact that he sucked so bad for us and couldn't get out of his own way is just a further indictment of how atrocious a DC Manusky is and how awful his defensive scheme is.   

4 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

A pretty pathetic performance all around- out coached & out played once again. As ugly and embarrassing as the loss was last night, watching this Ha Ha Clinton Dix stick to us made me want to vomit! i can honestly say that the dude didn't make one single play in the nine games he played for us last year- NOT ONE SINGLE PLAY! I understand that the Bears are better defensively than we were last year and he can play more freely on their D than he could on ours. That said, the guy didn't make a single play for us last year! The fact that he sucked so bad for us and couldn't get out of his own way is just a further indictment of how atrocious a DC Manusky is and how awful his defensive scheme is.   

He decided that he was going to stay healthy, vs. playing.  especially once the QB injuries occurred.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

What?  His two drafts he ran were atrocious.  He clearly was **** face hammered during both of those drafts.  I envision him downing shots of vodka, throwing darts at a board wearing just a tie and wife beater.  

To be fair basically everyone from the owner to the fans are **** faced the last few years. 

To state the obvious, on defense we’re struggling to get pressure and our corners aren’t very good.  Run D is probably so-so at best.  I don’t think the talent is as bad as the results though.  The obvious answer (IMO) is to blitz from everywhere.  Manusky did stack the line a number of times last night, but I don’t think that started until they’d given up 28.  

Keenum was bad.  I put a lot of that on the oline and play calling though - pressure caused most of those turnovers and some of the poor throws.  I have to wonder if Haskins would have performed better - looking off safeties, protecting the ball better, etc - but in the same breath, he might well have been injured trying to make something happen. 

I really missed Fuller last night.  Also miss Trent and the fact that Penn could take Moses’ spot if Trent were around.  

My 11 year old son that’s interested in football walked in the room last night and asked the score.  Told him it was 28-0, that it was a bad matchup... but that they’re pretty much all bad matchups. He chuckled, said “true” and walked away.  I’m often a silver lining kinda guy, but God this team blows.  (Of course, the silver lining here might be that my son likely won’t suffer the misery of ‘Skins fandom, lol)

5 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

This along with Preston Smiths early production makes me believe that at least defensively a lot of our problems are scheme related. There is no doubt in my mind a bad ass coordinator would do big things with the current personnel. What a joke.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gibbs was in over his head here just as well.  He had free reign to tell Vinny to go get whatever he wanted no matter the ramifications to draft capital and the salary cap.  When Joe Gibbs was last here, there was no salary cap.  I love Joe Gibbs with all my heart, we even share the same birthday, but Gibbs 2.0 is only really special because it was Joe Gibbs and it's sadly the best 4 year stretch any coach under Snyder has put together.

Gibbs was never a personnel guy. I’m talking being a Coach. When he worked for Cooke, it was basically “Make do with what Bobby gets you” and that was what he did.

He definitely was not a personnel guy. It did make me appreciate what kind of a man and Coach he was, though, when you saw what came before and after. 

I don’t know where to put this, but I wish they wouldn’t do the post game show on the field.  While I loved the FIRE JAY and FIRE GRUDEN chants, I can barely hear the commentators. 

I love this show, especially Brian Mitchell, but I miss Chick.  Julie gets on my nerves.  Santana has improved immensely.

i went to bed so aggravated, and this is all I can say right now.

Mods, delete if OT.

I think JP Holtz unloaded the Redskins offensive playbook on Chicago DC Chuck Pagano.

He knows our offense so well, and probably knows Gruden's tendencies, and it looked like Chicago's defense knew what formations and plays were coming.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

He said they're going to circle the wagons

Who's going to circle the wagons ?

Players or fans ?

21 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

I don’t know where to put this, but I wish they wouldn’t do the post game show on the field.  While I loved the FIRE JAY and FIRE GRUDEN chants, I can barely hear the commentators. 

I love this show, especially Brian Mitchell, but I miss Chick.  Julie gets on my nerves.  Santana has improved immensely.

i went to bed so aggravated, and this is all I can say right now.

Mods, delete if OT.

I agree that Brian Mitchell is good and especially when he is mad after losses.  Santana is slowly getting better.  Julie was a Miss Florida. Check out her wikipedia page.  She dated an athlete and it turned into a disaster for her.  I think Chick was much better on the show and he had a great sense of humor.  You can tell the guys on the show are polite to Julie but they clearly view her as a host who hands off to them during the show.  I agree the fans were shouting "fire Gruden" and it was hard to hear them during at least half of the show.

1 minute ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Jonathon Allen said to the reporter, if the fans don’t support us now, don’t support us when we’re winning.  That helps.

how is that you and many many others don’t understand current day players had nothing to do with the 25 years of ineptitude before them? How do you not understand that part of being a fan is supporting them when the times are tough? How don’t you get that walking out to a stadium of 60% bears fans is deflating as hell? Football is a game predicated on passion and emotion and confidence as much as it is about pure skill. 

And please don’t come back with some response about ownership or Bruce or whomever. I get it. You’ve made the decision as a fan to channel your energy into what you think will exact change instead of support. But players note the hate, the dark cloud that hangs over them. They even understand it, Allen said as much. But J Allen has every right, as a member of the current team that’s trying to turn this **** hole around to tell the fan base what he did. Just leave. 

6 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Jonathon Allen said to the reporter, if the fans don’t support us now, don’t support us when we’re winning.  That helps.

So stupid.

Kid, I've been supporting this team since before you were born.  I love what you bring, but be worth cheering for first.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

how is that you and many many others don’t understand current day players had nothing to do with the 25 years of ineptitude before them? How do you not understand that part of being a fan is supporting them when the times are tough? How don’t you get that walking out to a stadium of 60% bears fans is deflating as hell? Football is a game predicated on passion and emotion and confidence as much as it is about pure skill. 

And please don’t come back with some response about ownership or Bruce or whomever. I get it. You’ve made the decision as a fan to channel your energy into what you think will exact change instead of support. But players note the hate, the dark cloud that hangs over them. They even understand it, Allen said as much. But J Allen has every right, as a member of the current team that’s trying to turn this **** hole around to tell the fan base what he did. Just leave. 

Uh, as a fan, why would I care about any of this?  In what other job do you get your hand held with kid gloves while being paid millions of dollars with a piss-poor record but you're doing just fine because the shareholders are just big bullies by telling you that you're doing a bad job?  Aw, big boy gets his little feelings hurt while living out every kid's dream for seven digits a year.  My heart, it bleeds.

Come on, man.

Archived