Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bears

KDawg

22 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Preston Smith being infinitely more impactful in 3 weeks since leaving us should be concerning.

You can say that about a bunch of players, but yes. It should be. Game 1 it was "haha look who finally decided to play" and "Everybody gets one" 

Now....

Dear Dan,

Nobody's going to pay for your new stadium if this is the product you're selling. Fire Bruce. Now. Today.

Week 10 is the bye. Get your interim flunky to fire Gruden after Week 9. The interim HC starts Haskins and the other kids, so they can be evaluated.

Get on the phone with Gibbs, and beg him to help find you a football guy to run the operation.

Go get on your yacht and sail around for awhile. No one wants to see your face around here anytime soon.

25 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix... x2.

Good add, and I will elaborate further on that. Booger telling the world HAHA wanted to play elsewhere, for LESS money.  IIRC he even added to get away from this organization.  But that may have been me just thinking the obvious.

Being a monday night, one can only imagine how many current or future players heard that, and decided given the chance, will choose another team over us.   Planted the seed, avoid DC indeed.

On offense, it's all quite predictable... Rebuilt QB .. Rebuilt O-line ..Rebuilt receiving core ..Trent, Reed and Guice out.  But the turnovers, holy crap!  You can't game-plan around those.  And for as bad as the defense looked, you have to consider that they were battling the Bears and Redskins offenses last night.  Just a rotten deal all round.

Still, the Gruden, Manusky experiment needs to be laid to rest.  It's time.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Studs:

Terry McLaurin - Dude just comes up big every time the team needs a play. 

Paul Richardson - Made some nice plays.

The fans who left early/turned off the game and went to bed - You're the real stud.

I think you can put the kickoff return game into the positive column. Simms had a pretty nice game.

58 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ugh.  He's a smart dude, should look into the history of why things are the way they are.  In fact, I wish we as fans could put together some type of video confessional to provide the players on this team, explaining why we don't show up, why we boo, etc.  Just so they can hear it from the horse's mouth that this has much less to do about them and a whole lot to do about their bosses and the history of ineptitude that came way before they ever got here.

Honestly, I would love that. Or even a good old fashioned mail campaign. Pick a team captain, maybe Allen, and just send him honest heartfelt letters. I doubt there are enough invested fans to even make it have any effect, but having a mailbox full of messages about how being a Redskins fan now is quite honestly something to be embarrassed and ashamed of, when even our worst rivals' fans are offering us sympathy.

If there were someone on the team high up enough to be listened to by Snyder, but not so far up that they insulate themselves through receptionists, I'd even say it stood a chance. But there's not enough people invested in the team to pull something like the fan card revolt again. The lack of Redskins fans in the stadium should have been enough. If that isn't, probably nothing is.

These tweets pretty much say it all. Even the reporters are mourning the fan base.

2 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

This is as bad as I can remember and they're scant good options on the horizon. Snyder's likely viewed as little more than a pariah anymore. He's managed to piss off and alienate a whole lot of folks. We let the few good people we've had leave only to watch them have success elsewhere. Snyder's just an insecure little punk and control freak who wants his ring kissed and ego massaged constantly. That's his essence and until that changes and he is capable of swallowing his pride we're screwed. 

Dead on. Unfortunately, he will never change. 

It's a small thing but I want to see Sims returning punts. Why risk a starting WR.  Quinn is decent but Sims seems like more of a playmaker.

Jay seemed to out think himself a bit. Fresh off of Sims getting a lot of touches last game, he was not in the game plan in the first half. I guess he thought Chicago would game plan for him, so he went to Sprinkle instead.  So while our Taylor Gabriel was on the bench, theirs scored 3 TDs. You almost cannot make this stuff up, only, you can; #Redskins.

1 hour ago, Bang said:

The GOOD, The BAD, and the UGLY
Bears edition
Whew. What a mess. But in and among it all there was some good, a lot of bad, and mostly ugly.

2. Honoring Lyndon Felcher at halftime.
Lyndon works in a concessions stand on the main concourse, and has shown throughout his career to possess an outstanding ability to keep a straight face as he charges a customer $39 for two bottles of water and a hot dog.
Not sure he should be on the Ring of Honor , but hey, it ain't my stadium. Also, nice of London Fletcher to show up for Lyndon's ceremony. Classy guy.

<Edited>

~Bang

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Spelling London's name wrong in HIS ceremony says all you need to know about this franchise.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Yeah.

Lyscomb Filcher was a big part of this team. Not sure how they could have done what they did.

(Thanks, Bang, for the meme. I am now going to spell his name incorrectly in every 'this franchise is rotten' thread)

I agree, this was an embarrassing and disrespectful mistake that shouldn't have happened, Someone should be fired for this.

WARNING: If you are a straight guy, DO NOT, and I mean it, DO NOT google Bang's misspelling of Fletcher's second name (Felcher). What has been seen cannot be unseen.

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I agree, this was an embarrassing and disrespectful mistake that shouldn't have happened, Someone should be fired for this.

WARNING: If you are a straight guy, DO NOT, and I mean it, DO NOT google Bang's misspelling of Fletcher's second name (Felcher). What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Spoil sport!

😆 i had no idea

~Dang!

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What sucks is that we're doing a lot of the right things now. Building through the draft, not signing over the hill players to mega deals, sticking with coaches, etc. 

And we're still getting worse.

It really is mind-numbing, isnt it?  We even have a young franchise QB waiting in the wings, 1 step forward 2 steps back personified 

I live in Chicago, and this morning two CTA trains collided near the train station where I live.  I can't help but think that this was partially caused by a hung over train operator who got that way from the glee that Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden provided him yesterday evening.

At this point, the Redskins front office is a national public safety hazard.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Major-Delays-on-Brown-Purple-Line-Trains-Following-Incident-CTA-561224071.html

3 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If Allen is not fired after this season it will not happen for a long time. Why is it so hard to just get an actual GM like teams that, you know, win? Manusky needs to be gone, I dont understand how a guy they were looking at firing last year has this much leash to suck.

We tried with Scot McGloughan who is one of the better GMs but Brucey couldn’t handle someone else getting credit and you know the rest...

4 minutes ago, illone said:

We tried with Scot McGloughan who is one of the better GMs but Brucey couldn’t handle someone else getting credit and you know the rest...

I actually think Scot was a bit overrated.  Our recent drafts have been very good.  Talent throughout the rounds that sticks on the roster and some real stars.  I think with a competent coaching staff, we'd be 2-1 right now.  

As usual I agree with @KDawg, but for me this is even harder.

I was just sentient enough at 3 and a half to remember my dad being happy at Super Bowl XXII on TV.  That's what got me on the 'Skins.  Then we win Super Bowl XXVI when I'm in first grade, and THAT was my introduction to my home team.

My son just turned 4 and my daughter 2.  We're in the Philly area.  They're contending-ish, and at least the home team.  What do I have to show my kids that is worth them feeling left out of their local team?  We're not good, Daddy always gets unhappy when we play, and it's a waste of four hours (gotta calm down) every weekend.  I've got nothing to show them, nothing.  They wear their Sean Taylor jerseys when the guy was eight years in the ground before my eldest was even born.

I wish I could ask Dan that question.  What am I supposed to tell my kids when the shiny swingset I grew up with is now rusted?  Do I just tell them "I swear, it used to be the best thing ever!" while they look at me like I'm crazy?  Tell my kids what the reasoning is behind how you're running this team.  You're 20 years in, Dan.  You're literally losing the next generation through all of your losing.

Before we say that we have had good drafts, which teams have had bad drafts?

The worse teams (think us) get earlier selections so blind luck says we should do better than ~ half the league drafting after us.

My point is every team hits on picks.  McLaurin aside, I am not very impressed.  Early selections should be weighed into grading heavily.

Who has played and contributed

2016 Ioannidis and Crickets.

2017 Allen (dropped into our laps IIRC) and Roullier.  Honorable mention Anderson Moreau Sprinkle JAGs so far

2018 Payne and Quinn. Maybe Guice Settle and Christian will save this draft for us next year.

Archived