Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bears

KDawg

I expected us to be 5--11 or 6-10 bad but we could be 2-14 bad and that's shocking.  The positive to that is a top 5 pick in next years draft and realistically that probably helps us more than winning 6-8 games but it's hard to believe that this collapse isn't the players losing faith in the overall vision of this team and what the coaching staff is trying to accomplish.

How does our defense contunually let the opposing offense get into wide open spaces for easy chunk gains over and over, its embarassing.

The players seem to have checked out on this coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Spelling London's name wrong in HIS ceremony says all you need to know about this franchise.

Yeah.

Lyscomb Filcher was a big part of this team. Not sure how they could have done what they did.

(Thanks, Bang, for the meme. I am now going to spell his name incorrectly in every 'this franchise is rotten' thread)

There's really nothing to say. Every season, almost every game we go through this exercise in vein. There is no solution except to sell the franchise and obviously the owner isn't going to do that. 

Next option is to simply stop going to games, stop watching games, stop buying merchandise. Complete boycott. Shut it down. 

And yet, here we are. I'm still posting, we're still watching, people are still showing up to FedEx Field. It's truly a sick, sad cycle.

Anyone who thinks a coaching change will help hasn't been paying attention to all the coaching changes of the Snyder era. The organization has been run into the ground. It's time we buried the carcass. 😐

"So Redskinnies" moments from last night

Losing 28-Nothing. At home.

No plan to block Mack

London "Flecther" 🤦‍♂️

Stadium overrun by Bears fans, swarming over the TV sets for all to see

Jay going for 2 when not needed.

Losing big while slow playing the offense having to waste TOs to avoid DOGs

Scherff Okie Doke

Goal Line Case over the top fumble.  That's almost up there with the butt fumble, folks. We just need a catch phrase.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Got any quotes on that, a quick google search and I couldn't find it.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41077900-4

Hope he isn't the next Redskins player to try to deflect their play on fans.  If you're not happy about the outcome of the game, why should we be?  Do they want participation trophies, orange slices and Hi-C packs?  

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Some interview-  He said yeah the team isn’t good but you don’t want to support us right now than don’t hop on our bandwagon when we’re good. 

Allen is from UA so he wouldn’t know what losing is. 

Ugh.  He's a smart dude, should look into the history of why things are the way they are.  In fact, I wish we as fans could put together some type of video confessional to provide the players on this team, explaining why we don't show up, why we boo, etc.  Just so they can hear it from the horse's mouth that this has much less to do about them and a whole lot to do about their bosses and the history of ineptitude that came way before they ever got here.

For “fun”, rank your low points as a fan, and where you think this ranks in franchise low points.

so for me personally, I never felt more hopeless and angry than I did after Swinging Gate game versus the giants. That was horrific. Felt like a high school team. No talent, no coaching, no vision, no direction. 

2 for me would be the Vick Monday night massacre. 

This clocks in at 3 for me. 

Howevwr, with general fan malaise, I think this may be number 1. People still cared. We were angry. Now, I think people are much less emotionally invested (as am I). I’m not upset. I’m not angry. I just can’t believe how bad it’s gotten. 

In the positive spin side, you could argue the defense really only gave up 17 points on merit.  The Bears got 14 on a pick-6 and Keenum turning it over at his own 10.  They did miss a FG in there, but even that opportunity was off a turnover and a big return.  Keenum singlehandedly gave them no chance to win last night.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ugh.  He's a smart dude, should look into the history of why things are the way they are.  In fact, I wish we as fans could put together some type of video confessional to provide the players on this team, explaining why we don't show up, why we boo, etc.  Just so they can hear it from the horse's mouth that this has much less to do about them and a whole lot to do about their bosses and the history of ineptitude that came way before they ever got here.

I would like that, though I dont know if it would make them feel any better. It would be alot of tears, too. You never know though, **** may motivate them. 

Here is the quote btw. From TKs quote thread. I understand why he feels the way he does. Us against everyone is motivating and he may be taking himself there. 

DEFENSIVE LINEMAN JONATHAN ALLEN

On his frustration with losing:
“Anytime you lose, it’s frustrating. It doesn’t matter if you lose by one, two, three or 300. Anytime we lose,
I’m frustrated. So, like any other week, I’m going to look at the film tomorrow. I won’t have time to dwell
on this. It’s Week 3, I don’t know what team has been eliminated from the playoffs after three weeks. We’re
O.K., we’re O.K. Everything we do is self-inflicted. We’ve got to do the small things right and we’ll be fine.
It’s not time to jump off ship and if you’re not with us now, that’s cool, keep that same energy.”

On how to maintain focus during tough stretches of the season:
“We’re supposed to be the best athletes in the world. If you don’t have the mental toughness to stay focused
after three weeks out of a 17-week regular season, I don’t know what to tell you. So each guy has to be held
accountable and just take it from there. There ain’t no magic sauce to get this thing turned around, just doing
the little things right and that’s what we’ve got to do. Like I said, if you’re not going to support us now,
which you shouldn’t because we’re playing like [trash]. I don’t know what you want me to tell you, so don’t
support us now, don’t support us later. We’re going to circle the wagons in this [thing], we’re going to get
[it] right. Believe that.”

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If Allen is not fired after this season it will not happen for a long time. Why is it so hard to just get an actual GM like teams that, you know, win? Manusky needs to be gone, I dont understand how a guy they were looking at firing last year has this much leash to suck.

The fact that Allen still has any say in what happens with Trent is insane. 

On the bright side, we can now save 30 million in cap room for 2020.  Just 3 easy steps.

1) Moses at best, is now an average RT.  Is that because he played through injuries for years and it caught up with him?  Whatever the reason, his best performances aren't worth 8-9 million a year.

2) Norman has lost a step and isn't worth his contract.

3) Trent should get traded, but we aren't getting a 1st for him.  Maybe a 2nd + a late pick.

-----------------------------

I don't understand Manusky and what he's thinking.  His refusal to pressure QB's doesn't make sense.

Don't mind the going for 2 decisions.  We were losing 28-9 at that point.  Against that defense, why not roll the dice.

Which brings me back to Manusky, your schemes didn't work in Week 1, or Week 2, and stopped working during that game.  Why not... roll the dice and try and pressure the QB?  Why are we so vanilla on defense?

Why is our blocking schemes attempting to get cute against Khalil Mack?  He basically killed us himself

40 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Spelling London's name wrong in HIS ceremony says all you need to know about this franchise.

This blew my mind and I didnt believe it, until I saw a picture of it.  I mean how incompetent do you have to be to not know the name of the very one of your legends you plan to have a big public ceremony for, or to not have any of the multiple people who saw the name notice it was misspelled...  If you fail at the easiest job, you will fail at the harder ones.  Absolutely unbelievable, for any other organization.

27 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

"So Redskinnies" moments from last night

Losing 28-Nothing. At home.

No plan to block Mack

London "Flecther" 🤦‍♂️

Stadium overrun by Bears fans, swarming over the TV sets for all to see

Jay going for 2 when not needed.

Losing big while slow playing the offense having to waste TOs to avoid DOGs

Scherff Okie Doke

Goal Line Case over the top fumble.  That's almost up there with the butt fumble, folks. We just need a catch phrase.

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix... x2.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Preston Smith being infinitely more impactful in 3 weeks since leaving us should be concerning.

It probably would be. But most of us have seen that movie enough times that the wow factor is lost.

I actually do feel bad for some of the players. I realize my OP was a little... harsh... but I really think the organizational structure hurts this team more than a lot let on.

We do not have bad talent. We have poorly supported talent. We have a reliance on oft-injured players in prime roles. We have poor play calling tendencies in big situations. We have a lack of swagger. We lack a badass that just won't accept less than the best. We lack a fanbase that wants to be around this team (all, in my opinion, for good reason given the product...). This place is an organizational cesspool. But there is talent on this team. The talent level is not bad. And given the right circumstance the players could go out and win a few games. But they have to do it in spite of the organization. And that's what is so mind numbing.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It probably would be. But most of us have seen that movie enough times that the wow factor is lost.

I actually do feel bad for some of the players. I realize my OP was a little... harsh... but I really think the organizational structure hurts this team more than a lot let on.

We do not have bad talent. We have poorly supported talent. We have a reliance on oft-injured players in prime roles. We have poor play calling tendencies in big situations. We have a lack of swagger. We lack a badass that just won't accept less than the best. We lack a fanbase that wants to be around this team (all, in my opinion, for good reason given the product...). This place is an organizational cesspool. But there is talent on this team. The talent level is not bad. And given the right circumstance the players could go out and win a few games. But they have to do it in spite of the organization. And that's what is so mind numbing.

We bring an ENIAC to a quantum computing fight.

Archived