Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Bears at Redskins

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

Word on the street and in the media is that Gruden has become a bit more strict this year. So to me, it is Jay's fault that he didn't assess the condition of this team right on the bat. If he did, he would have seen that it was undisciplined, low conditioned team. Situational football does not come when you're tired or don't know what to **** to do in the first place because you don't spend enough time emphasizing perfection. There is no way you can tell me that this team is not as talented as the Patriots. The difference is mindset, conditioning and coaching. The Redskins lack all three because Gruden wants to be liked and considered a player's coach. I learned a long time ago, that if you're a leader and you're not hated a little bit, your team will fall because of you. And when they do, you can't all the sudden change your ****ing stripes. Gruden should be gone.

You don't need all the prologue to your post--Gruden should just be gone because he isnt, never was and never will be head coach material.  It was a terrible hire to begin with and it's gotten worse over time because we've doubled down on a bad decision.

• Thanks 1
Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

Josh Norman is so self unaware that he sucks at football. 

I think he's probably still passably good at football and will show that when he leaves here, but is used incorrectly and surrounded by a trash DC's scheme anyways, with no talent at FS behind him.

Just now, skins4eva said:

You don't need all the prologue to your post--Gruden should just be gone because he isnt, never was and never will be head coach material.  It was a terrible hire to begin with and it's gotten worse over time because we've doubled down on a bad decision.

You're right. Venting is futile. 

• Haha 1

Landon Collins will be the next scape goat for this awful set of Defensive coaches.  He will end up cut, go to another team and instantly turn back into a Pro Bowler.  This is sad, dude said his dream come true was to play for this franchise, and he is stuck under likely the worst D-coordinator in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Crowder caught a bunch of Jarvis Landry-esque short passes in low leverage situations, imo McLaurin has already shown more ability, and not only that, he looks like a WR1 type rather than "just" a slot type (not that there isn't a place for that). He's a TD and clutch big play machine so far. I never felt that way about Crowder and by the time he left and got that contract, I thought he was oveerrated by this fanbase big time.

McLaurin kinda reminds me of Antonio brown, not in a head case going off the rails kinda way, but a guy entering the league under the radar, but has all the tools to be among the best.  I would not be surprised is TM is among the games best in a few years.  

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Uh, so why would you put him in this **** storm?

You the dad who tries to teach his kids to walk while storming Normandy?

Because this this s**t storm has been going on for the last 30

years you guys honestly think next year we will have some miraculous offensive line next season??? No.. give him experience now then he will be the clear starter next year and Will already have starting experience....teams going nowhere this year no point to waste time he can watch tape all he wants nothing will prepare him more than playing

Just now, volsmet said:

Probably related to someone who once lived in Tampa.

Remember when we drafted a WR in the 6th round a few years ago that no one had ever heard of because he was related to a scout in our club or something?

That was a better pick than Apke the combine warrior in the 4th round. 

• Like 1