Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Bears at Redskins

TK

For what its worth, I was reading a thread on a Cowboys forum when the Redskins picked up Callaghan. Many of them said, he sucked and was happy to see him go.

?? 

Haven't seen much from the O-line since he's been here. He's pretty much working off media dialogue. But its neither here nor there. If this game goes in the direction it looks like right now, it really doesn't matter what the last several years have looked like. Remember Callaghan is suppose to be the run offense guy. 

The rule is that the guys feet have to be in the endzone originally for it to be a safety, right? Otherwise you could pick up and bulldoze a guy into the endzone for a safety from the ten yard line, which isn't allowed. 

The spot should have been the half-yard line probably, but I think they got it right as in not a safety, right? Unless I misunderstand

That was NOT a safety by rule. Forward progress was where Trubisky got hit. Falling backwards doesn’t make you lose more yards. Sorry to be the wet blanket.

Also to be clear... I’m not calling for Haskins. But if Keenum decides to gift wrap Chicago another TD you have to think about it. The season is on the line here. You may or may not do it. And I’m not sure I’m for it. But I could understand IF there’s another brutal possession.

Just now, joeken24 said:

For what its worth, I was reading a thread on a Cowboys forum when the Redskins picked up Callaghan. Many of them said, he sucked and was happy to see him go.

And their OL seems one of the league's best, without him.  XM fantasy guys today were laughing at Jones paying Zeke when Pollard looks just as good behind that OL.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

The rule is that the guys feet have to be in the endzone originally for it to be a safety, right? Otherwise you could pick up and bulldoze a guy into the endzone for a safety from the ten yard line, which isn't allowed. 

The spot should have been the half-yard line probably, but I think they got it right as in not a safety, right? Unless I misunderstand

Agreed, it was the right call.   They are gonna spot the ball where the initial contact took place.

Archived