Sign in to follow this  
TK

Saturday’s Injury Report

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

Why do we still have Reed on our roster?  Mr. Glass is available more consistently than Jordan.

On the bright side, no other team will ever want him because he is so injury prone, so this could be his last year in the NFL,  Now I won't need to burn my JR Autographed helmet and Football. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

On the bright side, no other team will ever want him because he is so injury prone, so this could be his last year in the NFL,  Now I won't need to burn my JR Autographed helmet and Football. :)

Hope you realize how self-serving and gross this post is.  

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hope you realize how self-serving and gross this post is.  

You serious? I thought it was freaking hilarious!

But seriously how does a concussion last several weeks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

Well it's not his first one.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

Considering it’s his sixth or seventh that we know of, it’s probably going to last a lifetime.

• Like 1

Someone close to him should sit him down and try to talk him into retiring. With all the cases coming to light around the league he needs to consider his quality of life at this point.

Everytime I see him play and take a hit I shudder and expect him to not get up. Being a die hard fan, I hate to lose such a player.... take care of yourself!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

It's hilarious to you that the guy said "on the bright side" Reed's career is probably over due to concussions? Because he has some little collectors helmet signed by him or something, and he'd have ti burn it if he ever played somewhere else? Guess I don't see the humor in it. All very normal adult human things to think, though. Yup. 

A concussion is a bruise on your brain, essentially. What year are you from? Reed is probably going to suffer from CTE his entire life. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's hilarious to you that the guy said "on the bright side" Reed's career is probably over due to concussions? Because he has some little collectors helmet signed by him or something, and he'd have ti burn it if he ever played somewhere else? Guess I don't see the humor in it. All very normal adult human things to think, though. Yup. 

A concussion is a bruise on your brain, essentially. What year are you from? Reed is probably going to suffer from CTE his entire life. 

I think he was saying it more in the context of fans who get autographed jerseys or something like that and then the player leaves the team and is either seen as a traitor or does better for another organization than he did for the Redskins.  More about TE #86 rather than Jordan Reed.

Without that context, it'd be a despicable joke.  With it, I can see the humor.  It's not that funny, but it's not with a malicious intent.

• Like 1

He truly needs to retire, for his own sake. It may even be too late, who knows? Selfishly, it's such a shame from a football perspective, as he really was one of the best tight ends I've ever seen when he was healthy and hungry. I remember hearing Shanahan talking about him years ago when they first got him, saying how he was going to surprise the league and be one of the best TEs in the league. Absolutely sucks all around. 

23 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Not only that, according to this article, it could be "weeks" before Reed can play:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/jordan-reed-ruled-out-monday-night-and-could-be-weeks-away-source

That's so crazy.  I know he is a beast when healthy, but he is NEVER health, so it's a moot point.  Time to move on, and it appears that we don't have a choice in the matter.  For his sake, it is time to move on as well.  He has to think about his quality of life moving forward.

Edited by Taylor 36
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 8:48 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Considering it’s his sixth or seventh that we know of, it’s probably going to last a lifetime.

I chuckled at this one. Not because the situation is funny, but because in 2019, people still don't have a grasp of what concussions can do. I guess, considering the Science of it is still being hashed out, it makes sense. The brain is complicated thing indeed.