Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So about this Chicago Game?

Veretax

8 minutes ago, superozman said:

It truly is a sad state when the fans in the area won't go with a free ticket, sadly defines this team right now.

I live in Philly and was contemplating taking a half day monday/half day tuesday and going because it's so cheap, and being solo!  But this just is an example of the frustration from the fans.

Fans are turning down free tickets to the game?

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

oh. 1997. Weird that the stat is only from 1998 to now though, as you said. Probably why i didnt look at the 1997 MNF games list. 

If the 1-16 stat came from the Washington Post, it's even weirder that they started in 1998 instead of 1997 lol...this is from a WP article in 2016:

"Washington is now 2-15 in “Monday Night Football” games at home since FedEx Field opened in 1997."

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If the 1-16 stat came from the Washington Post, it's even weirder that they started in 1998 instead of 1997 lol...this is from a WP article in 2016:

"Washington is now 2-15 in “Monday Night Football” games at home since FedEx Field opened in 1997."

I guess The Washington Post must not have known that Jack Kent Cooke stadium was the same stadium, just different name 😂

This is a chance to break the curse.

Chicago's offense is GARBAGE. Even OUR defense can hold Trubisky. He looks completely lost with the ball.
Press him and he will fold right up like a card table.

yeah yeah their defense. They'll get theirs, so don't turn the ball over. Minimize the damage. Period. There will be shots we can take so long as we don't make the crucial error of giving them short fields turning it over.

I say 17 points wins this game.

We can get that.

And i bet they can't.

~Bang

15 minutes ago, Bang said:

This is a chance to break the curse.

Chicago's offense is GARBAGE. Even OUR defense can hold Trubisky. He looks completely lost with the ball.
Press him and he will fold right up like a card table.

Okay, so which team's defense are we talking about here? We're clearly not talking about the Redskins.

I think Bang is right about the 17 points but think it will be more like, 5 field goals and a safety.

I would be giving Dustin Hopkins a lot of long kicks in practice.

It would be so Redskins to have newly anointed kicker darling Daniel Larusso, er, I mean, Eddy Pinero, beat us as time expires as whomever is calling the games now can exclaim, the legend grows.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is one of the most depressing threads I've ever read on ES. 

The Stadium used to be my "go-to" page, but not anymore.  

The vitriol, pessimism,  sadness, apathy, whatever, (which I understand) , is tiresome.  

I get it, but what do you want folks to talk about?

I'd imagine the tailgate is both the happiest thread and place to be at FedExField.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get it, but what do you want folks to talk about?

I'd imagine the tailgate is both the happiest thread and place to be at FedExField.

I don't know.  

The posts on ES have become as predictable as Grudens playcalling.

It's pretty much variations of , "Gruden sucks" "Snyder sucks" "Fire Bruce Allen" "Offense sucks" "Defense sucks" "Special Teams suck"  "team is dysfunctional", etc.

That, and douchey, "clever" gifs.

The board used to be so much fun, lots of meaningful discourse,  about actual football. Now it's just a big ****-fest.

I understand perfectly well how it came to this, I just don't like it.

2 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

:lol: 

But our fans apthatic approach is fairly new.   But it wasn't ALWAYS like this.  The sell out streak just ended last year.  For YEARS we had the highest attendance in the league.  So yeah, now our stadium is basically a host destination for opposing fans.  But this is, for the most part (vs Pittsburgh 2008 MNF aside), a new development.

The sellout streak ended several years ago, not last year.   Last year was when they finally admitted it.   I'd guess the last true sellout was during the 2015-16 season, but who the hell knows.    

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Okay, so which team's defense are we talking about here? We're clearly not talking about the Redskins.

Doesn't matter.

ANY team's defense. their offense is HORRIBLE.

Mitch Trubisky can't pass gas, much less a football.

That offense is worse than our defense. 

AND, i do have confidence in our passing game. Our offense has already faced two decent defenses, and a damn good front in Dallas, and we made plays.

it won't take much. If we don't turn it over, we can play the field position game, make a few plays and win.

~Bang

25 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It's pretty much variations of , "Gruden sucks" "Snyder sucks" "Fire Bruce Allen" "Offense sucks" "Defense sucks" "Special Teams suck"  "team is dysfunctional", etc.

That, and douchey, "clever" gifs.

The Marching Band is pretty good.

But, all snark aside, even with the misery, we are here...still posting...hoping for some good news but in absence of that, misery, indeed, loves company.

To build on Bang's positive mojo above, we win Monday Night and on the road against the Giants, lose to Pats, beat the Phish and we are 3-3 and hopefully getting healthier.  Hope that helps, hope is all I got.

Seriously...

things we all knew:
The first five games are rough, and many of us had us coming through it with 2 wins at best.

Greg manusky stinks.

So, now that we see it in front of us, well, we can **** a lot about Manusky, but the fact is if it weren't FOR him, we could be 2-0 or 1-1. 
We also know that after this initial Murderer's Row, the schedule gets a lot better. 

we absolutely can snatch one from Chicago.

~Bang

43 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

The sellout streak ended several years ago, not last year.   Last year was when they finally admitted it.   I'd guess the last true sellout was during the 2015-16 season, but who the hell knows.    

I'm not sure this makes sense to me.  You determine sell outs by tickets sold and gate numbers right?  Those are cold hard facts.  Are you saying they manipulated and sent fake data to the nfl?

And if the sell out streak before 2018, why were there these articles???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-redskins-say-theyve-sold-out-every-game-since-1967-the-streak-may-end-sunday/2018/09/11/d86d29d0-b5d4-11e8-a2c5-3187f427e253_story.html

After the game:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/16/redskins-50-year-sellout-streak-ends/

Are you sure you are not thinking of them admitting about the season ticket wating list?  That wasn't a thing for a decade yet they kept up the charade. 

Archived