REDSKIN JR

Whats going to happen when Alex Smith is healthy next year

I believe "if" is the proper conjunction to use in that question.

I don't think there's much of a chance Alex comes back.

• Like 2

He will never be cleared to play football again.

I hope we give him a coaching job

Edited by TMK9973
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is he even gonna be healthy next year? Last I thought about him he still had that internal combustion engine on his leg. :(

He got that taken off back in July. A few weeks before training camp i think. He was on crutches all through training camp. But yeah i dont think he’ll ever play football again anyway so i dont think this should even be a question. 

Assuming he's healthy and that's a big if, what happens with him greatly depends on what happens the rest of the year with haskins and with Gruden. 

There's way, way too many variables to know but we can certainly speculate. 

Cool, we've agreed this should be Haskins team by then.

So what do we do if he doesnt want to retire?  Isnt the third year (2021 offseason) when cutting him becomes more realistic? 

To be clear, are we waiting until the doctors say hes healthy enough to cut and not get in trouble for it?  Will he ever be?

well he says he wants to try to play again.  And we can't cut him without it being to expensive.  So assuming he's cleared he becomes the most expensive backup in Redskins history, maybe third string

33 minutes ago, carex said:

well he says he wants to try to play again.  And we can't cut him without it being to expensive.  So assuming he's cleared he becomes the most expensive backup in Redskins history, maybe third string

One Albert Haynesworthless would like a word. 

• Sad 1

He's going to continue to cash his check every week just like he is doing now.  And the quality of this roster will suffer from it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If he can play special teams then he’ll be active.

And God forbid if Haskins starts going North/South.  This offensive philosophy is for East/West and Smith can show him how it’s done.

• Like 1

Let him start, see how the season is going, if they aren't in the playoff race, sit him and play Haskins, but give him one chance to go out on top 

4 minutes ago, c slag said:

Let him start, see how the season is going, if they aren't in the playoff race, sit him and play Haskins, but give him one chance to go out on top 

If he wanted to go out on top then he probably should have signed elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He was on his way to going out on top until the injury. 6-2 at that point, remember?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He didnt go to the colts..or...or cardinals or vikings or the dolphins or the Buccaneers but to the Redskins to most likely end his career in the absolute most horrendous way imaginable..of course it was with the Redskins..of course.

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

He didnt go to the colts..or...or cardinals or vikings or the dolphins or the Buccaneers but to the Redskins to most likely end his career in the absolute most horrendous way imaginable..of course it was with the Redskins..of course.

Hell he could have stayed as a backup to Mahomes on a legit championship team but no he chased the money. He got what he wanted but he also literally put himself in the absolute worst case scenario - team in perpetual limbo. 

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He was on his way to going out on top until the injury. 6-2 at that point, remember?

I think we would have blown it anyways. We were winning with smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This is a serious question- why have I seen so many people say 6-2? We were 6-3 and losing to Houston when he got hurt. But it''s just weird how often I've seen 6-2 written on this site. 

• Like 4