Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey for TW straight up?

CowboyKillerz

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Their defense was still very good the following year but not quite as good. They were still top 5 in yards per game and points per game, but their run defense suffered some...could be partially a result of losing Malik Jackson and Posluszny. Their offense was absolutely atrocious in 2018 though, mostly due to having a banged up Fournette who they then lost for half of the season. Even a top notch defense won't be able to survive forever without an offense that can at least run the ball and kill some of the clock. Either way, I don't think Jalen Ramsey was the main guy keeping their defense good; they were good as a whole unit. Our defense right now is far worse than the Jaguar's 2018 unit as well so giving up a haul in draft picks to bring Ramsey in probably wouldn't do much for us besides give us a huge cap burden. 

Agree with this. only one minor correction.  Interestingly enough they were almost identical in D 2017 to 2018 - in fact they were 2 positions better in rush D in 2018 🙂  Yea, I was surprised too.  Still thier weakest part of the D. The D was a little better in 2017 but not crazy better - which oddly was the perception. 

Passing      Rushing     Total Yds      Pts/gm

2017         1st              21st              2nd             2nd

2018        2nd             19th             5th              4th

And to your point dumping a bunch of resources on one guy when we have so many holes. And he is unlikely to be any happier here than he is in Jacksonville. For me this would be a hard pass. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Agree with this. only one minor correction.  Interestingly enough they were almost identical in D 2017 to 2018 - in fact they were 2 positions better in rush D in 2018 🙂  Yea, I was surprised too.  Still thier weakest part of the D. The D was a little better in 2017 but not crazy better - which oddly was the perception. 

Passing      Rushing     Total Yds      Pts/gm

2017         1st              21st              2nd             2nd

2018        2nd             19th             5th              4th

And to your point dumping a bunch of resources on one guy when we have so many holes. And he is unlikely to be any happier here than he is in Jacksonville. For me this would be a hard pass. 

Ah, thanks for the correction. I missed their rush D ranking in 2017 and thought it was higher. 

Yeah a guy like JR would be amazing to have if your defense/team was close but just missing a piece or two, but for a middling to poor team like us that probably needs a rebuild (or at least new coaches), it would be a waste of very valuable draft picks and a huge cap hit.

And with the Jags apparently asking for at least 2 1sts the whole Trent for JR straight up thing is a fantasy. It would probably cost us Trent, a 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder or something like that. 

Missing the rookie contract is the biggest issue IMO... Trent + a first is a LOT of capital! Especially when we are looking for more then a 1st for TW too.

That said- the sports folks on air here (mtn west) seem pretty up on the Jags current qb- having a great 'football mind'. Jags also on the tackle needy list.

That said, a first for JR talent is a good deal IMO. You can swing and miss on a top 10 pick very easily, this takes all the guess work out of it- but you lose the cheap years... And well, we might be giving em a top 5 pick at this rate smmfh

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Probably the Eagles and Pats..

So can we swing the contract, and are we ok with TW and a first... I hear this draft is deep at T, but not having a first or 2nd is troublesome.

Doubt theyd bite on a first next year for thier 2nd, and then TW for JR... Sounds good on paper lmao

3 hours ago, benskins26 said:

They’re never getting that. They can ask all they want. 

I think it's possible they find a team to give up two 1s, but they'd have to at least throw some picks to make it happen. Similar to the Mack deal last year, but my guess is they'd have to give back a bit more capital than the Raiders did.

Please stop with these super high priced players like Norman and Collins, it’s pointless.  This team needs to build a solid foundation first and we’re obviously not there yet.  Once we finally get to the point we are a consistent playoff team and we have a need that requires a big ticket player to get us over the top, then pull the trigger.  

50 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I think it's possible they find a team to give up two 1s, but they'd have to at least throw some picks to make it happen. Similar to the Mack deal last year, but my guess is they'd have to give back a bit more capital than the Raiders did.

He's worth two - which we can't afford and if we could we wouldn't use him right. (IMO he's worth more than Tunsil). 

I think Ramsey wants to get paid and win games. I don't think the Skins would be a good landing spot for him. I'm sure we could find a way to pay him, but lets be clear he won't win here. So I don't think it would be a good idea. Also why is it every big name player our fan base wants to run out and get them? What have the big names done for this team so far? I'm starting to think the only reason you guys want people like this. Is to give you a reason to watch on Sundays. When you know at the end of the day it probably won't fix the team as a whole. 

13 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Also why is it every big name player our fan base wants to run out and get them?

That's the thing about being a fan. I just hope Bruce and jay aren't feeling that way. Its one thing to go for a Rueben Foster on a redemption tour or signing a Zach Brown / DJ at these cheap deals, but we (supposedly) have talent we want to develop and a foundation in place for the future so why panic? I'm not in full belief that Gruden is the guy so my fear is that this type of a move could be done to cement his job security. Of course if we made the deal and used him wrong (like Norman/DJ/Collins) it could also cement his future in the wrong way. 

Archived