Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey for TW straight up?

CowboyKillerz

I get the whole never gonna happen... And madden comments.

To be fair Ramsey WANTS OUT.

AND players holding out and calling the shots is all the norm in this modern day NFL... They will listen to suitors, and maybe TW is percieved differently then here- we all know how many games the guy has missed. In Denver fans are still begging to make the trade! Its objective to what his value is to you- Id be good with Trent and JNo to replace Ramsey... I dont like tossing picks around, and not sure what supplemental picks are coming our way...

But we lost to the enemy so im dreamin yall.... This week sucks

I dont hate it. I'm not as put off by Ramsey's behavior as others are.  Wouldnt be a dealbreaker.  Next year's corner situation is looking dicey.

But given we're on the precipice of disaster for the season, I prefer to get a #1 back, if possible.  Giving us 4 #1 picks in 2 years.  

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont hate it. I'm not as put off by Ramsey's behavior as others are.  Wouldnt be a dealbreaker.  Next year's corner situation is looking dicey.

But given we're on the precipice of disaster for the season, I prefer to get a #1 back, if possible.  Giving us 4 #1 picks in 2 years.  

4 #1s??

We get one for tdub (doubtful unless it the Pats which is more like a 2nd) and have 2... Where is the other one from??

Aw... I thought you meant 4 future #1s in 2 years.. Makes sense now.

On that note- hope Sweat can be utilized better/ get over the hump.. For a first rounder he is underwhelming... Not to mention our other first rounder likely on the bench all year- makes the whole 2 firsts this year not sound as good as in theory

2 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Aw... I thought you meant 4 future #1s in 2 years.. Makes sense now.

On that note- hope Sweat can be utilized better/ get over the hump.. For a first rounder he is underwhelming... Not to mention our other first rounder likely on the bench all year- makes the whole 2 firsts this year hurt all the more

No way Haskins stays on the bench the whole year. I just can't see that. Danny will tell Jay to put him in before Thanksgiving, that's just how we roll. 

As others have said, no way would they make that trade...a 24 year old All Pro corner for a very good but no longer elite (IMO) LT who will be 32 next season and can't stay healthy? We'd probably have to throw in a high pick and/or another player. 

Plus, we aren't a CB away from being a good defense. Unless JR is coming in to also be our Defensive Coordinator it won't make a difference. The guy is a stud man corner who can shut down top receivers one on one...which means we'll have him playing soft zone 12 yards off the LOS and never have him move with our opponent's top receiving threat. The Skins are absolute masters at finding good players and making sure we play them to the opposite of their strengths. We could somehow manage to get Aaron Donald and we'd play him as a pure 2 gap NT. 

The only thing I'd trade Trent for is draft picks. 

7 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I mean we traded champ for Portis...why cant it be us to win a trade?

That was different. Portis at the time was arguably the best RB in the league and young. Bailey wasn’t gonna re sign here anyway.

We lost in the long run considering Champ is a HoFer and we gave up a 2nd also, but it is what it is.

The skins don’t ever get to be on the positive end of a trade, and you can thank the geniuses upstairs 

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wouldn't be worth it for us. CB is a position that doesn't really help you win games until the rest of your team is built up. We'd end up having to pay Ramsey top dollar while we flounder around in 5-11 land.

How good was Jacksonville two years ago? They would have beaten NE in the playoffs if not for the refs taking a TD away from Myles Jack. If not for footlocker employees, the Pats may only have 1 title.

17 minutes ago, volsmet said:

How good was Jacksonville two years ago? They would have beaten NE in the playoffs if not for the refs taking a TD away from Myles Jack. If not for footlocker employees, the Pats may only have 1 title.

Not positive what your point is here. Our team this year bears little resemblance to that 2017 team. They had a stifling overall defense that was 2nd in the league in points and yards allowed per game. So far this season our defense is ranked 30th in both of those. They also had the #1 rushing offense in the NFL that year. We currently have the 30th. 

Adding a stud CB isn't going to suddenly turn that on its head. 

41 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Not positive what your point is here. Our team this year bears little resemblance to that 2017 team. They had a stifling overall defense that was 2nd in the league in points and yards allowed per game. So far this season our defense is ranked 30th in both of those. They also had the #1 rushing offense in the NFL that year. We currently have the 30th. 

Adding a stud CB isn't going to suddenly turn that on its head. 

Why wasn’t their defense stifling the following year? What did they lose? With Ramsey & Foster, how far behind their defense would we be ... and how far ahead of the Bortles offense?

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And a life coach to help the head coach through the transition.

30 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Why wasn’t their defense stifling the following year? What did they lose? With Ramsey & Foster, how far behind their defense would we be ... and how far ahead of the Bortles offense?

Their defense was still very good the following year but not quite as good. They were still top 5 in yards per game and points per game, but their run defense suffered some...could be partially a result of losing Malik Jackson and Posluszny. Their offense was absolutely atrocious in 2018 though, mostly due to having a banged up Fournette who they then lost for half of the season. Even a top notch defense won't be able to survive forever without an offense that can at least run the ball and kill some of the clock. Either way, I don't think Jalen Ramsey was the main guy keeping their defense good; they were good as a whole unit. Our defense right now is far worse than the Jaguar's 2018 unit as well so giving up a haul in draft picks to bring Ramsey in probably wouldn't do much for us besides give us a huge cap burden. 

Archived