Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bears Prediction Thread: Monday Night Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Defensive struggle or surprising offenive game?

22 hours ago, jbird said:

This is our turning point.

On the 2nd drive of the game Mack abuses Moses and ends Keenum's breakout year with a 2-4 week sprain.

Haskins comes in and throws for 448 yrds and 5 tds.

TMc - 2 TD

Harmon - 1

Quinn - 1

Sprinkle - 1

Even CT gets caught up in the moment and scampers for a 65 yd score.

The D clamps down in the 2nd half and gets 4 sacks, (Sweat gets 2) Collins gets 1 on a stunt and Settle pancakes Trubiski early in the 4th to bring out  Chase Daniel to wrap it up and Jimmy the Peoples Corner promptly intercepts him.

49 - 17 Skins in a blowout.

Man I wish I could live in this fantasy world. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great not 100%

So he'll be out for the year after Monday night. 👀

53 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I might even want to hold Allen out this game.  I don’t trust our medical staff.  And we need him to be 100%.  Our defense hasn’t been playing all that great when he is 100% anyway.

I get your point, but 100% for what if we lose this game?

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Forget football this guys needs to retire for his long term health.  

I wish him the very best.  And again that would appear to be moving on from football. 

Me, too.  Agree.  Craig Hoffman seems close with him and if you follow the narrative he got from Reed it comes off sad.  Reed's toes slowed him down last year.  He felt great in camp and was killing it.  He wanted to prove to the world that he was still a great TE and it was his feet that slowed him down last year.  Then this happened. 

Was listening to Sheehan today on local radio. He was talking to someone who covers the Bears. According to the enemy, the Bears view the Redskins as the team they can and will "get right" on, especially Trubisky. He referenced a game last year against the Bucs when Trubisky started strong and their coach decided to pile on the Bucs' dreadful defense and secondary to help give Trubisky confidence moving into the season. Apparently he threw 6 TDs that day. That's what they're expecting to do tonight. He said the Redskins defense is viewed as poor and "there's no one special or that you have to game plan for" on offense, other than possibly McLaurin. 

Hard to argue with much of what he said, and this is from a guy who used to walk the Redskin beat for years before moving to Chi-town. 

If he's right, things could get ugly. Er. 

10 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Was listening to Sheehan today on local radio. He was talking to someone who covers the Bears. According to the enemy, the Bears view the Redskins as the team they can and will "get right" on, especially Trubisky. He referenced a game last year against the Bucs when Trubisky started strong and their coach decided to pile on the Bucs' dreadful defense and secondary to help give Trubisky confidence moving into the season. Apparently he threw 6 TDs that day. That's what they're expecting to do tonight. He said the Redskins defense is viewed as poor and "there's no one special or that you have to game plan for" on offense, other than possibly McLaurin. 

Hard to argue with much of what he said, and this is from a guy who used to walk the Redskin beat for years before moving to Chi-town. 

Things got get ugly. Er. 

Who doesn't see the Skins as a "get right" game now except for maybe the Jets and Dolphins.  Instead they think, "hey we got a shot at this game".

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Who doesn't see the Skins as a "get right" game now except for maybe the Jets and Dolphins.  Instead they think, "hey we got a shot at this game".

I've actually been calling them the "Florence Nightengales of Football" for several years now. Teams come to them for help, and they usually deliver. 

The Skins will not be able to nor should they really try to run the ball as it will not be successful.  They’ve got to hope for some quick passes and YAC to have a chance on offense.  Turnovers will totally swing the game and it feels ripe for Keenum to have a dud.

On defense, they’ve got to hope Trubisky is Trubisky.  Jon Allen should also help.

Bears    24

Skins.    12

Archived