• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 

It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 

The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 

To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
skins island connection

Redskins vs Bears Prediction Thread: Monday Night Meltdown?

Who wins the game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Defensive struggle or surprising offenive game?

Trubisky has his wake up game. Case gets sacked 4 times. Peterson has 9 carries for 12 yards. Gruden keeps running Chris Thompson up the gut in the 4th quarter garbage time until he gets hurt and is out for the next 4 weeks. A last minute TD makes the game look closer than it was.

27-13 Bears

• Sad 1

If this was a Sunday 1:00 pm game, I think I would actually pick the Skins finally this year.  BUT, this is MNF, our secondary will look like they play for the Bears.  Leaving wide open receiver after wide open receiver.  Then in the post game tell everyone how good they really are.  

Bears - 24

Skins - 13

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

@Dan T. is apparently busy.

So I'll help him out and place his entry.

Redskins 73

Bears 2

You're close.

Redskins 74, Bears 3.

• Like 4

The Bears offense is pretty bad...and that’s a good matchup for us.  Perfect opportunity to smash the MNF curse.

Skins 16

Bears 9

• Like 1

Sweat will get his first sack..

Im a Redskins fan and my wife is a bears fan..its been a fun week so far lol..can't way to fly out to o'hara with my KING SIZE SNICKERS!! Lol sic..

Edited by bakedtater1

3 hours ago, Tuck28 said:

Anyone that predicts the Redskins to score over 20-21 points in a game is a little crazy to me. 

???

They've scored over 20 in both games so far this season already.

They'll be facing a formidable defense for sure, but the Bears offense isn't Philly or Dallas.  We've got a shot.

It feels like a tight, ugly, low-scoring game...but since it's a home MNF game: 

Chicago 37

Redskins 14

Footnote: Keenum crashes back down to earth with 2-3 turnovers, 1 of which is returned for a TD

37 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

???

They've scored over 20 in both games so far this season already.

They'll be facing a formidable defense for sure, but the Bears offense isn't Philly or Dallas.  We've got a shot.

My point exactly!  20-21 is max for this offense led by Gruden.  I so hope I'm wrong.

Ive picked the Skins to lose both of the first games but this game is different.  Even though the Bears have a Legit defense I think this is going to be a close game that the Skins can win.

Oh who am I kidding.

20-13 Bears.

Skins - 23

Bears - 13

They always climb back to .500  they will win, Bruce will give Dan the politician thumbs up after each play a guy he brought in makes.  

What should happen if they weren't annoying and consistent at sucking -

Skins - 13

Bears - 27

Although we are 0-2 , Have terrible history on Monday night football (I believe the worst Monday record over the past 20 years) , Have a fanbase that no longer attends Home Games, Are once again the most injured team in the league, Have incompetent coaching staff who managed to lose the locker room in week 1 by benching a hall of fame respected running-back......

Give me one second

giphy.gif

And even though our first round QB remains on the bench learning like its 1986 and every other 1st round rookie will take the field in week 3 ours remains "learning"🙄.. And even though the Bears have Khalil Mack vs our inept O line and despite the fact we have 2 defensive backs in Landon Collins and Josh Norman who have a combined  salary of 150 million dollars yet fail to do anything meaningful on th.......

Redskins will win

23-16

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man this is going to be a close game. I think it's really going to come down to what QB plays well. If Keenum plays well I see the final being:

"Who ****ing cares" to "I don't give a ****."

However, if the Redskins Defense doesn't show, I'm going to with:

"I couldn't care less" to "Does it really ****ing matter?"

The movable object vs the stoppable force, the difference is the Bears D is really good. I guess it comes down to Hopkins vs Pineiro