Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

18 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

It's going to get extremely ugly. Look how bad things got when Gruden was fired too late. If Allen makes it to 2020 as Redskins President, I might have to stop watching until he's gone. I can't take another year with dude. I'll always be a fan, but there's no reason he should still be here.

It's taken nearly everything to stay on board these last few years, bro. If he's not ****canned,  I honestly dont know if I have the strength to continue.  I'm nearly tapped out.

53 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Imma hang in there and keep radiating that sunshine.

Pops make it through George Preston Marshall and I made it through Norval/SenileJKC and his swamp palace.

Proud and Loyal.

What exactly is it that you are proud of and loyal to?

I get folks who don’t want to or can’t switch to a new team, as passion isn’t transferable.  It’s the reason all of us congregate here no matter how we feel about current events.

But I cannot grasp what exactly there is to be proud of.  Defending stupidity is defending stupidity no matter what.  I sometimes wonder if some of you guys even truly believe the stuff you say to defend the guys in charge of this team.  Or if it’s just some weird belief that you have to defend your team even when they don’t deserve to be defended.

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What exactly is it that you are proud of and loyal to?

For me, it’s the DMV Area. With all due respect to Baltimore, they make it clear they’re not a part of the DMV therefore I can’t ever see myself rooting for them as “my team”.

But I love my city... There’s no way I’ll switch my allegiance from the Skins but Snyder owes us.

At this point screw the Super Bowl. Can I witness a freaking 11 win year and a conference title game!?!?

6 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

For me, it’s the DMV Area. With all due respect to Baltimore, they make it clear they’re not a part of the DMV therefore I can’t ever see myself rooting for them as “my team”.

But I love my city... There’s no way I’ll switch my allegiance form the Skins but Snyder owes us.

At this point screw the Super Bowl. Can I witness a freaking 11 win year and a conference title game!?!?

For real. #1 seed, give me something dominant,  anything to say at bare minimum,  "Yeah, we were the real deal that year"

EVERYONE has done that since we have, maybe save for the Lions

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I’ll still be a fan but will morph into the evil fan, hoping the Skins **** up even more; until Bruce is gone.

I know I’m a weird-o but I don’t get this sentiment.

Not that I’m not holding my breath that this WILL happen but, if somehow, someway, Bruce is retained and they get pointed in the right direction..... wouldn’t that be the goal?

Why would you care who, as long as it gets done?  

Again, I am in no way, shape, manner or form saying that BA SHOULD or that I’m advocating for him being retained, I’m only saying I don’t give a **** if beelzebub is in the FO to get **** straight.  Just get **** straight.

36 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

But I love my city... There’s no way I’ll switch my allegiance form the Skins but Snyder owes us.

I get that, as someone who grew up in PG County and watched my grandpa shoot his shotgun in the air after defeating the Broncos, and attended the parade with my mom after we beat the Bills.

Thats why I can never switch allegiances.  But I can also no longer pretend the owner isn’t inept and has taken all the fandom for granted.  

I don’t even need to see a dominant run of winning to get the juices flowing again.  I just want to see a heavy investment into trying to be the best and a structure led by a respectable human being.  That’s it.  Less offseason talk about yachts and more about investing into everything related to football, both financially and fundamentally.

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm using my tax returns on season tickets for next year!!

Just get them for four bucks on Ticket Hub XD

Unless you're kidding which is entirely possible 

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

Not that I’m not holding my breath that this WILL happen but, if somehow, someway, Bruce is retained and they get pointed in the right direction..... wouldn’t that be the goal?

Again, I am in no way, shape, manner or form saying that BA SHOULD or that I’m advocating for him being retained, I’m only saying I don’t give a **** if beelzebub is in the FO to get **** straight.  Just get **** straight.

I think a lot of us believe that a good Bruce Allen team is a fantasy, so he needs to blow it hard enough to get fired so we can move on.

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Here’s a solution for Dan, if he still wants to own the team.

He was a minority owner in the failed Milstein group. He can become a minority owner again. Sell 55% of the team to someone else.  He can be a minority owner and reap the benefits of a competent owner that restores the Skins to glory.

Selling 16% would be enough. He only owns 65% of the team.

10 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

Just get them for four bucks on Ticket Hub XD

Unless you're kidding which is entirely possible 

I think a lot of us believe that a good Bruce Allen team is a fantasy, so he needs to blow it hard enough to get fired so we can move on.

Yes totally kidding...lol..it would be cool I guees..I sure as hell wouldnt wanna be part of the problem now..c'mon lol....I'd have this nice season ticket package than couldn't afford to get out there lol...

**** yall though, my dream is to still see my favorite football team scince childhood there at a home well..home away game? Lol I'd have given..a chunk of my tax returns to have been there last week against philly..this sunday against the giants..HTTR for life ****es lol..

22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yes totally kidding...lol..it would be cool I guees..I sure as hell wouldnt wanna be part of the problem now..c'mon lol....I'd have this nice season ticket package than couldn't afford to get out there lol...

**** yall though, my dream is to still see my favorite football team scince childhood there at a home well..home away game? Lol I'd have given..a chunk of my tax returns to have been there last week against philly..this sunday against the giants..HTTR for life ****es lol..

The good news is tickets are so cheap now 

Hopefully you can live your dream one day 

8 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

The good news is tickets are so cheap now 

Hopefully you can live your dream one day 

Couldn't give this a laugh like and thanks...sooooo thanks man that's sooo true too about cost of tickets lol...seriously for real I understand what needs to happen in not one single person buying a single garsh darn thing that has anything to do with burgundy and gold including tickets to games..the ole man and I've already discussed this..he erased king salmon fishing in alaska off his list and seeing a Redskins game at home is another...but hes right there with everyone else as far as not supporting the snyder...but like I said I see games like the one against philly and several other games that have happened they have won convincingly and even close games and even in a loosing season I'd love to be there with the...couple other Redskins fans lol

4 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

That's looking at it from a basic level. Sure, if things went in that direction it would definitely look good and could be all we ask for.

But on one hand, Bruce has never done that, be it here or in Tampa or in Oakland so why believe that he can.

Then you can look at his history and say that not only has he not done that, but he has actively been the reason behind some of the biggest blunders that split teams up, like the stuff here, the Keyshaun Johnson stuff and Galloway stuff, the releasing of all the SB champ vet players in Tampa, etc.

And then what we learn is that these things aren't just random occurrences that happen to every NFL team, you can look into his history further and see that his entire philosophy is set around winning these battles, even if they cost him publicity, fans, players, etc.

So I'm a fan and I'm rooting for us to be as good as possible but even I know that what I'm hoping for is at most what Jax had 2 years ago or what Oak had when they signed all those vets. Maybe we could do something with the guys like Kyle Smith who's my ray of hope but that's only but so bright when there's a dark cloud of Bruce hovering over him ready to step in and take credit for it then force them to split up. Lets not forget that we shouldn't be in the situation we're in right now because we had a franchise QB in Kirk. Maybe he wasn't a top 10 QB but he was good enough to get a good offer and be negotiated with, but Bruce did what Bruce does and that's cause chaos. 

9 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Bruce is a cancer.  If he stills in the organization; he will still have sway with Dan.  They will undermine any chance of success the new coach and if Dan gets a GM has.  

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bruce is a cancer.  If he stills in the organization; he will still have sway with Dan.  They will undermine any chance of success the new coach and if Dan gets a GM has.  

I didn’t attempt in any way to refute that opinion nor did I advocate for BA’s retention.

Archived