samy316

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

Recommended Posts

That 1993 team would whoop this 2019 team. Even today. 

 

Joe Jacoby and Ed Simmons at their respective ages of 60 and 55 could block better than 28 years Morgan Holdsess

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

  Fast forward to late in the 3rd period.  After yet another Rypien duck that went about 20 yards out of bounds, some guy in our section stands up and yells "PUT IN THE 13 YEAR OLD KID!!!"

 

 

 

Which, in a way, is what the Redskins actually did this season. 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FuriousD said:

“Dan’s not selling the team, and as long as he owns it, there are likely more rock bottom moments to come, if you’ll even be paying attention,” Sheehan suggested.  (... from the article SIP posted above)

 

In a serious way, it is time for us all to stop paying attention and more to the point, STOP PAYING!  Those still attending games seriously need to reconsider endorsing that product with their patronage.

 

With three more home games left, it's for local Redskin fans to double-down on "FU Snyder and your sh**show of a season" and help EMPTY FEDEX!!!  Seriously, I want tumbleweeds blowing across the field at kick-off!...  Too much to ask?

 

Yes, it is.  But dont worry, at this rate, it will happen naturally.  Those folks that drive from middle of nowhere by themselves because no one around there cares anymore, dont expect to get them back even if they start winning.  Be careful what you wish for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Yes, it is.  But dont worry, at this rate, it will happen naturally.  Those folks that drive from middle of nowhere by themselves because no one around there cares anymore, dont expect to get them back even if they start winning.  Be careful what you wish for.

 

First of all it will never be completely empty - folks will go because they root for the other team, want to just do something & tickets are dirt cheap, etc.  Secondly it really doesn't appear that Snyder really cares at all.  My guess is that he rationalizes this is somehow a fault with the fans.  Lastly - if they start winning & some fans don't come back - so what - there will plenty of other folks that will take their place if they are winning & tickets are relatively cheap.  Personally if they are winning I don't care nearly as much about a half empty stadium. Lets tackle one issue at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dicksogj said:

 

First of all it will never be completely empty - folks will go because they root for the other team, want to just do something & tickets are dirt cheap, etc.  Secondly it really doesn't appear that Snyder really cares at all.  My guess is that he rationalizes this is somehow a fault with the fans.  Lastly - if they start winning & some fans don't come back - so what - there will plenty of other folks that will take their place if they are winning & tickets are relatively cheap.  Personally if they are winning I don't care nearly as much about a half empty stadium. Lets tackle one issue at a time.

 

Sure, this thread isnt about the fact the team is losing, it's about the fan base dying off.  If your response is when they start winning new fans will show up, you are trying the separate the two because you think that's normal or somehow fine. 

 

Dallas doesnt separate the fan experience from winning, they are both priorities, and you can tell when you go to their stadium.  People I talk to that went to the Bill's game this year said same thing, Redskins fans get treated better by organizational staff in other teams stadium then they do in their own. 

 

That's different then how fans treat other fans, as far a lot franchises are concerned they are businesses that want repeat customers.  It's not normal for a franchise to not care who those customers are, to keep insinuating when their stadium is overrun by another teams fans that that is somehow the fault of their own fans and not themselves.

 

If that isnt addressed and winning is all that matters, tear FedEx down and let them share the one with the Maryland Terps.  Let them play on any field in the area that can meet NFL regulations with people sitting in bleachers, like a f'n pop Warner team, and focus their revenue stream on the tv contract. You cant separate the two because the reason we arent winning is because Snyder doesnt care about the fans, winning alone wont fix this.

 

We cant with a straight face say all the season ticket holders can get lost because whenever they do start winning they'll get new ones.  The franchise is over 80 years old, it's a mistake to assume they'll even be around for another 80.  It's a bad idea to hope another Gibbs type run will happen here under Snyder of all people or that a run like that would create a new generation of die hards so we can afford to jus lose all the ones we have now.  If that's the mentality or plan, send them to London, because they are team that happens to play in the area, not a team that has anything to do with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Sure, this thread isnt about the fact the team is losing, it's about the fan base dying off.  If your response is when they start winning new fans will show up, you are trying the separate the two because you think that's normal or somehow fine. 

 

Dallas doesnt separate the fan experience from winning, they are both priorities, and you can tell when you go to their stadium.  People I talk to that went to the Bill's game this year said same thing, Redskins fans get treated better by organizational staff in other teams stadium then they do in their own. 

 

That's different then how fans treat other fans, as far a lot franchises are concerned they are businesses that want repeat customers.  It's not normal for a franchise to not care who those customers are, to keep insinuating when their stadium is overrun by another teams fans that that is somehow the fault of their own fans and not themselves.

 

If that isnt addressed and winning is all that matters, tear FedEx down and let them share the one with the Maryland Terps.  Let them play on any field in the area that can meet NFL regulations with people sitting in bleachers, like a f'n pop Warner team, and focus their revenue stream on the tv contract. You cant separate the two because the reason we arent winning is because Snyder doesnt care about the fans, winning alone wont fix this.

 

We cant with a straight face say all the season ticket holders can get lost because whenever they do start winning they'll get new ones.  The franchise is over 80 years old, it's a mistake to assume they'll even be around for another 80.  It's a bad idea to hope another Gibbs type run will happen here under Snyder of all people or that a run like that would create a new generation of die hards so we can afford to jus lose all the ones we have now.  If that's the mentality or plan, send them to London, because they are team that happens to play in the area, not a team that has anything to do with it.

 

I agree that the team & fans have to be a top priority .  IMO this starts by creating a winning culture (a long time one - not an every 4 yr playoff run).  This all has to revolve around a winning team.  If you don't win I don't give a crap what you do in regards to the stadium or fan experience.  More than likely an owner who truly values winning will also value the fans & their experience. Snyder does neither.

 

The post I responded to stated be careful what you wish for & alluded to the fact that if boycotts, etc result in keeping fans away that they may stay away forever - even after the team starts winning.  I don't agree - at least if you are talking about consistently winning.   Again - this idea of fluke seasons (like 2012) that occur every 3-4 years is not consistently winning & is based on luck as much as anything else.  All of this just boils down to the organization so it is really out of our control.  Having said that I endorse fans boycotting games & protesting Snyder/Allen (if only to let them know that most folks hate them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

 

I agree that the team & fans have to be a top priority .  IMO this starts by creating a winning culture (a long time one - not an every 4 yr playoff run).  This all has to revolve around a winning team.  If you don't win I don't give a crap what you do in regards to the stadium or fan experience.  More than likely an owner who truly values winning will also value the fans & their experience. Snyder does neither.

 

The post I responded to stated be careful what you wish for & alluded to the fact that if boycotts, etc result in keeping fans away that they may stay away forever - even after the team starts winning.  I don't agree - at least if you are talking about consistently winning.   Again - this idea of fluke seasons (like 2012) that occur every 3-4 years is not consistently winning & is based on luck as much as anything else.  All of this just boils down to the organization so it is really out of our control.  Having said that I endorse fans boycotting games & protesting Snyder/Allen (if only to let them know that most folks hate them).

I think that damage has already been done.  It will take several seasons of winning for the fans to come back.  IMO a boycott won't make things any worse than what the organization has already done to itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

 

I agree that the team & fans have to be a top priority .  IMO this starts by creating a winning culture (a long time one - not an every 4 yr playoff run).  This all has to revolve around a winning team.  If you don't win I don't give a crap what you do in regards to the stadium or fan experience.  More than likely an owner who truly values winning will also value the fans & their experience. Snyder does neither.

 

The post I responded to stated be careful what you wish for & alluded to the fact that if boycotts, etc result in keeping fans away that they may stay away forever - even after the team starts winning.  I don't agree - at least if you are talking about consistently winning.   Again - this idea of fluke seasons (like 2012) that occur every 3-4 years is not consistently winning & is based on luck as much as anything else.  All of this just boils down to the organization so it is really out of our control.  Having said that I endorse fans boycotting games & protesting Snyder/Allen (if only to let them know that most folks hate them).

 

The boycott is already happening, its jus harder to notice because of how many opposing fans still show up.  It would've been a ghost town in last years season finale against Philly, it wasnt full and it was easily 90% Eagles fans.

 

Heres the thing, I wanted to go to the Patriots game and I couldnt get in for less then $180, even though I knew we were going to get destroyed.  By not caring about the fans as long as we winning, we risk with Snyder a situation were the ticket prices skyrocket and whoever shows up shows up because he believes people will show up anyway.  

 

If people give up their season tickets, how will they be able to get them back?  Theres no loyalty discount, I've talked to season ticket holders about this, some of them were on that waiting list when it was real, one person I talked started the process at 18.

 

Snyder absolutely could get this team winning again and still treat the fans like crap.  I almost expect if we start winning that will happen, if he ever starts winning again.  Dont ask me to go out to that dump for $200 by myself to sit in the nosebleeds, double that if I bring someone, then call me out for not being a real fan because I can watch them win on TV.

 

I rarely see kids wearing Redskins gear at FedEx anymore.  Winning alone isnt going to get me to spend a grand to take my family out there and make them walk back and forth from morgan blvd. 

 

As much as I want to reference 2012 to what could be if they started winning again, that was 7 years ago.  The amount of damage to the fan base since is nearly unrepairable,  you have to go all in to fix that.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Yes, it is.  But dont worry, at this rate, it will happen naturally.  Those folks that drive from middle of nowhere by themselves because no one around there cares anymore, dont expect to get them back even if they start winning.  Be careful what you wish for.

 

If we as a fan base said for the giants game that if we are getting blown out at halftime that we gonna leave to be with our families because its 3 days before Christmas, I'd do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my outsiders perspective, part of the problem with the Redskins organization appears to be there is an attitude that the fans are lucky to have the team.  When in reality the team is lucky to have the fans.  Almost like, why shouldn’t the fans shell out ridiculous amounts of money to pay for overpriced everything and be trolled every weekend by the other teams fans? Only a masochist would attend the games these days.  Snyder has made his money on what came before him not what he has brought to the table during his time as owner.  As owner and caretaker for the team (That eventually somebody else will own even if it takes decades) he has a responsibility to protect the legacy...he has not done that.
 

This isn’t 1992 anymore, or even 2005 for that matter.  The chickens have come home to roost.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rabidskin said:

The Panther's owner said yesterday that he won't put up with mediocrity from the head coach and GM after Sunday's loss to Atlanta and he stated this because they lost 2 games in a row and are now at 5-5.  Wow, 1st year owner who won't put up with losing and hold the leaders accountable.  Look at the idiot Snyder who lets the moronic idiot Allen run the team in the ground for years and years until even the die hards are leaving. 

 

Snyder did the same thing as Carolina's new owner. Norv deserved it but not because Dan had the answers.

 

Egotistical owners are fine with total ineptitude when all of the ingredients are their own, however. The past decade prove this of our own head buffoon.

 

People pretend that Doofus Dan got patient. In reality he just thinks that the moronic crap he does will eventually work. Just a little more time. We're so ****ing close!

 

Fans are almost as hilarious as the clown show we pretend to be excited to see on Sundays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

This is the front page of NFL.com

 

Lmbo the attendance is so low NFL is trying to chime in

 


That’s a targeted ad based on your cookies and location. Mine is different:

 

 

6AD19977-2646-42EF-A797-09C4ECFAC0A3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t even want Dan to “get it”, I seriously would rather just win with another owner at the helm.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

This is the front page of NFL.com

 

Lmbo the attendance is so low NFL is trying to chime in

 

Some here think any kind of fan revolt will not work because Snyder couldn't care less, but you know the league sure as hell does!  Attendance has been in sharp decline now for years and they HAVE to be concerned Snyder is holding up his end of the deal. 

 

But I really do think this is hurting him.  He's too proud and this season has to feel like a knife in the ribs to him.  But that's not enough.  Redskins fans need to twist that knife and abandon FEDEX for the remainder of the year and the league will be watching...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets going for $5 in the upper decks

 

$20 in the lower bowl

 

Clubs for $25

 

take a bow Dan Snyder

 

 

1 minute ago, FuriousD said:

Some here think any kind of fan revolt will not work because Snyder couldn't care less, but you know the league sure as hell does!  Attendance has been in sharp decline now for years and they HAVE to be concerned Snyder is holding up his end of the deal. 

 

But I really do think this is hurting him.  He's too proud and this season has to feel like a knife in the ribs to him.  But that's not enough.  Redskins fans need to twist that knife and abandon FEDEX for the remainder of the year and the league will be watching...

 

Don't be surprised of the Redskins give up one or two home games to London in 2020 like the Jaguars. 

 

The Redskins are considered a "legacy" team and losing home games because of poor attendance should be a new low for the shield. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize many "fans" will continue to want to go to the games for many different reasons, and of course they have every right to do so, but if they are going to continue to go, then they need to stop complaining about this organization, because by continuing to throw money at them, they are implicitly supporting this owner and his mess of a franchise

 

Now I understand that from a financial perspective, the unsold tickets will hardly put a dent in Snyder's bottom line, but a stadium void of any redskins fans is sure to have an effect at the NFL league office.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ananoman said:

I realize many "fans" will continue to want to go to the games for many different reasons, and of course they have every right to do so, but if they are going to continue to go, then they need to stop complaining about this organization, because by continuing to throw money at them, they are implicitly supporting this owner and his mess of a franchise


You need to boycott the NFL entirely to have an impact. So when you watch other NFL games you are implicitly supporting this owner and his mess of a franchise. Switch to college football until you are satisfied. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ananoman said:

I realize many "fans" will continue to want to go to the games for many different reasons, and of course they have every right to do so, but if they are going to continue to go, then they need to stop complaining about this organization, because by continuing to throw money at them, they are implicitly supporting this owner and his mess of a franchise

 

Now I understand that from a financial perspective, the unsold tickets will hardly put a dent in Snyder's bottom line, but a stadium void of any redskins fans is sure to have an effect at the NFL league office.

 

That's jus not fair, theres no telling how many games the stadium would need to be "empty" for change.  And it will never be empty as long as it's getting filled by opposing fans.  Jus because we dont buy the tickets doesnt mean no one else will.

 

I was a fan before Snyder showed up, I feel like I'm being asked to surrender it to him and walk away, but to what?  Sense when does not giving this team the time of day make me a real fan and still giving a damn make me an enabler?

 

I'd support everyone giving up their season tickets to hurt him more then saying dont go.  This a protest against Snyder, not the Redskins.  Like saying I'd never buy a Haskins jersey, what did he do to deserve that except getting drafted into this ****hole situation.

 

Sick of this fan vs fan crap.  I have every right to say wtf I want to say, especially if I'm paying to go to the games.  I have every right to ***** about how they use the money I'm giving them.  And this is coming from someone who bought the cheapest ticket possible to watch them get blown out a couple days ago.

Edited by Renegade7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like like we are stuck in this hell.

 

Snyder is one of the most egotistical maniacs in the NFL. He won’t sell the team out of spite and self pride.

 

He wants to prove everyone wrong, that he can do it.

 

And his drive to win it all at this point is for his own selfishness, nor for us, the fans.

 

But quite frankly, I don’t know if I have another 20 years to stick around and find out if he does. I’m 31 and don’t want to waste the last capable decade of my life giving this asshole validation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ananoman said:

Now I understand that from a financial perspective, the unsold tickets will hardly put a dent in Snyder's bottom line, but a stadium void of any redskins fans is sure to have an effect at the NFL league office.


If the brokers who buy all the tickets can’t unload them this year, they may be reluctant to buy them all up next year.  If the brokers don’t buy the tickets for 2020...who is going to buy the tickets?  The fans?  People are asking if Sunday they finally hit rock bottom.  We have 6 more games this year, and what is this fan apathy going to do for 2020 and beyond?  10,000 Redskins fans or less in the stadium on opening day 2020 with a sea of the oppositions jerseys?  
 

Personally, I think rock bottom is yet to come.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone claiming that not showing up to the games has 0 effect on Dan Snyder must not be very good at basic mathematics.

 

Tickets that normally cost hundreds of dollars and would sell for much much more if the team is actually successful are instead selling for less than a combo meal at Burger King. 

 

Who is losing his profit on those tickets? Profit loss of probably overall 75% or more not to mention concessions not being bought.

 

Who isn't getting 100+ for the 30K seats that aren't filled? Then add the ones that have been removed because there is 0 chance to find customers to sit in them.

 

No effect? :rofl89:

 

That has to be a lot of money not being made due to total incompetece and buffoonery with no end in sight.

 

Also you pay 50 dollars to park in a lot for 1/2 a day to watch your team get curb stomped. What a brilliant way to burn your paycheck, spending it on Dan's dumpster fire maintenance. 💩

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 8:47 AM, profusion said:

In a weird way, I take personally what Snyder has done to this franchise. 

 

I have so many happy memories of watching the games with my parents--the Over the Hill Gang, the Riggo Drill, etc. A small part of my own family's history is intertwined with this team, just like so many other fans.

 

I was looking forward to passing it down to my sons, of sharing what gave me joy on so many Sundays. I just don't know that I can do it. Despite the matching uniforms, this isn't what I grew up with.

 

Sell the team, Dan.

 

Nothing weird about it. I take it personally, as well. I'm a 3rd Generation Redskins fan. Pictures of me as a toddler circa 1976 decked out in my Redskins gear. So many family memories intertwined in watching the Skins with loved ones - many of whom are no longer living. Money spent on Redskins Christmas presents, family carvans up to Carlisle and then Frostburg for training camps. Away at college and talking on the phone to my Grandmother who is always talking about "our Skins." Years later buying my son his first jersey. 

 

This franchise is as much yours and mine as it is Dan's. I don't care whose name is on the corporate paperwork. This is why I am so damned mad and have every right time be.

 

Sell the team, Dan.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dyst said:

I don’t even want Dan to “get it”, I seriously would rather just win with another owner at the helm.  

 

Exactly.

 

Jerry Jones "got it" and those 3 trophies served to embolden his recklessness and folly for 20+ years. He'll always reference his 90s success to validate himself as an expert of football much to the detriment of the franchise and the chagrin of Dallas fans.

 

If Dan lucked himself to winning a Lombardi, in his arrogance he'll attribute the victory solely to his football acumen and the Dan we know would suddenly transform overnight from a self-preoccupied egotist to a self-deluded a**h***

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.