samy316

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

You all know football probably will cease to be played in about 25 years.

It will be real futbol that's still around.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CTskins said:

I don't see the Washington area getting a team back if they are relocated. I also don't see Snyder selling. Despite this thread's topic and the team's performance over the past 20 years, he's still making a ton of money. It's hard to imagine him getting an amount approaching FMV for the team either. 

Finally, a location change would probably bring with it a name and moniker change and if a franchise were to be relocated back to Washington, the chance it would be called "Redskins" hover between slim and none.

I agree with you on the second part actually, and that's something I failed to consider. 

As for FMV...I'm not so sure. The team was valued at $3.1B but I also remember reading that someone believed NFL teams would actually sell for more on the open market. I believe they were talking about the Redskins when they said a franchise sale would likely approach $4B. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I see what you found, my mistake, going to fix it

So wait, you think the league would block Synder moving the team and force him to sell instead because of the size of the market as their soul reason? Can they even legally do that?

In a sense, you were right. The St. Louis football Cardinals were only a "professional" team for a few years in the '70s during the Jim Hart/Dan Dierdorf era. :lol:

I do think that the league would do whatever it took to keep the Redskins in town, and few owners would be sad to see the back of Snyder. They can't totally block a move, but they apparently have a lot of control over stadium siting/construction and things like that. Think back to how they engineered the Rams' move to L.A., with both the Chargers and Raiders getting consolation prizes.

Snyder would need a lot of help getting a stadium deal done in St. Louis or San Diego, and he'd need Jerry Jones' permission to relocate to San Antonio. I'm guessing they could make life very difficult for Snyder if he tried to pull an Al Davis on them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Oh please. "Futbol" is nowhere near being a top-level sport in America, and American football is still by far the most popular sport in this country. It would take a lot longer than 25 years to change that.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We need to ask Bezos to buy the team, cash money 

Yes please, I wouldn't mind our stadium being Amazon.com Field. 

• Haha 1

I could care less that I have to work next Monday night and will miss the Bears game.  I’d be willing to bet the farm that the Bears win anyway.  I hope Fed Ex is empty.

• Like 2

I've said this for a while now. Dan Snyder bought the Redskins because it was a good investment and he thought it would help make him rich. He keeps the Redskins because it did make him rich and looks to make him richer. 

All the 'football fan' stuff is BS. In 1999 he bought the Redskins for $800M and now it's estimated to be worth $3.1B. That's just the value change. He and his family have been getting paid handsomely for each year he's owned the team. 

Maybe here's another way of looking at it. We have one of the most outdated training facilities in the NFL that falls short of most big college football programs. We've had multiple years of higher than normal injuries. 

How does Dan Snyder fix this problem? he bought a $180M yacht: 

wp25e867f3_0a_06.jpg

While we are looking at the trophy case, Dan is looking at his investment statements. In short, our goals of the team differ form the owner. We can complain about the 26+ years of football on field mismanagement, but if we were measuring the team on how it makes Dan Snyder rich it's a complete success. 

Edited by Unbias
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 3

I've made this point several times.

Since the skins have been great. 3 teame have surfaced in that area. 

Transient city.

Crap owner.

Nobody cares about them.

Questionable name.

This team is done and getting deported to Mexico. 

It's over. RIPskins

28 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

When half the leagues in concussion protocol and the other half suspended for roids and weed. Ols

48 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Kinda funny that dude needs a secret service detail in his own crappy stadium. 

I imagine some of the.... More unhinged among us, wouldn't mind a shot at getting their hands around his tiny little neck.

So its understandeable ☺

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I imagine some of the.... More unhinged among us, wouldn't mind a shot at getting their hands around his tiny little neck.

So its understandeable ☺

One of the rare logical decisions he's made, actually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Snyder would manage to screw that up somehow... too

• Haha 1

It was a sad state of affairs being in the stadium yesterday and seeing Dallas players waving their hands for the their very large contingent of fans to cheer louder. Even sadder to hear a large group of Cowboy fans behind me butchering our song singing "We're giving helllllll to the Redskins". I couldn't help but laugh though.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I could care less that I have to work next Monday night and will miss the Bears game.  I’d be willing to bet the farm that the Bears win anyway.  I hope Fed Ex is empty.

I think the correct phrase is you *couldn’t* care less. Saying you COULD care less seems to suggest that you DO care, at least a little bit 😂😂😂 

not COMPLETELY a shot at you. I see people use that phrase wrong a lot, it just boggles my mind how nobody understands why it’s wrong :P 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea why "Sell The Team" chants from the crowd have not been heard yet.  I'd love to see it with a shot of the owner's box.  

There's not enough Redskin fans in the stadium to actually be heard. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea why "Sell The Team" chants from the crowd have not been heard yet.  I'd love to see it with a shot of the owner's box.  

Cause the fans who feel that way don't go to games

my father thinks it's the **** location  that really hurts the team and if the stadium was as accessible as say RFK the lousy play would matter less to fans

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think the correct phrase is you *couldn’t* care less. Saying you COULD care less seems to suggest that you DO care, at least a little bit 😂😂😂 

not COMPLETELY a shot at you. I see people use that phrase wrong a lot, it just boggles my mind how nobody understands why it’s wrong :P 

This has driven me crazy for years (not just here, but in general). 

• Like 2

I no longer watch it live, mainly because I have another pressing project.  I can blast through the game in about 75 minutes and go back to something more important, just slightly more irritated after the loss.

I wouldn't pay a dime to go to a home game any more and the fans that do, you have my respect and condolences.

Just now, sempre_victrix said:

I no longer watch it live, mainly because I have another pressing project.  I can blast through the game in about 75 minutes and go back to something more important, just slightly more irritated after the loss.

I wouldn't pay a dime to go to a home game any more and the fans that do, you have my respect and condolences.

The games I've enjoyed the most over the past several years have been road games...we lost those games too, but seeing Lambeau in 2013 was cool and I visited Boston when I went to the Pats game in 2015. 

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The games I've enjoyed the most over the past several years have been road games...we lost those games too, but seeing Lambeau in 2013 was cool and I visited Boston when I went to the Pats game in 2015. 

Me, too, much more fun on the road -- in Dallas, NY, Arizona, New Orleans, Tampa, etc for me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I still watch all the games and will continue to do so.  But, the last few years, I have found myself watching them while playing video games or watching a movie.  I have a decent set-up in my man cave, three TVs (two 32" ones mounted on the wall close to the ceiling).  I'll have three games going (Skins on the bigger screen with sound) and I also have my gaming computer/PS4/XB1 up there too.

There's something very therapeutic about making some preteen rage quit after you beat him like your favorite team got whooped.  

• Haha 1

I think the Skins were a unique situation for 40 years. DC was a pro football town in a non-football region. This isn't Rust Belt/Big 10 country or Texas. The Redskins were good to great for a long time in a major city with no baseball team, a mediocre pro basketball team - save a few years in the 70s - and a hockey team, which really doesn't count. DC Metro is still not a football area. Maryland and Virginia don't exactly garner huge ratings either.

20 years of Snyder plus a whole bunch of sports options have turned DC into LA - except LA actually likes football.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1