Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

On 10/26/2019 at 11:49 AM, Painkiller said:

This is the heart of what I’m talking about.  Nobody is even all that upset that they are sucking.  I just sense apathy and indifference everywhere.  The fan base is spent.  

Agree & the only way to start to turn that around is on field success.  We have been duped too many times with flashy offseason moves to even get all that excited over that for more than a few months.  Make no mistake - this has to be somewhat sustained success.  Having a fluke 9-7 or even 10-6 season that is followed by a horrible season is not going to cut it.

A huge step would also be to prove that they are running the team in a manner similar to other successful organizations.  Obviously retaining Allen just kills that for the most part.  Hiring Scott M. several years back was a huge step in motivating fans.  Subsequently firing him in itself was not necessarily a big issue (& perhaps warranted to some degree).  However they should have immediately hired a true replacement GM who had full personnel authority & major input into coaching hires.  The Redskins continuing to do things in a unique way is a huge problem.  I believe that Snyder realizes this but doesn't care because his ego is so big.  Having a major brownnoser like Allen surely doesn't help.

Oh well - in the end fans don't care because to a degree they realize that Allen & Snyder don't care.  Sure they both want to win as many games as possible but won't do the actual required work to get there.  Sigh...……...

2 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

I would be in favor of this happening as long as we are guaranteed a new team a few years later.

The "Senators" plan - after Griffith left for the Twin Cities after the 1960 season, the American League immediately replaced them with an expansion franchise. 

This is the best case scenario as far as I'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

This is the best case scenario as far as I'm concerned. 

I never thought I would say this, but I’m with you.  

Truthfully, I’m angry beyond belief at this **** show and I’m fed up with supporting it in any way.  They have taken something I lived and breathed and loved and turned it into something I literally loath now.  Until now, I never actually rooted for the team to lose but every week now I want them to badly...the more humiliating the loss the better.  I think I would literally be relieved if Snyder moved the team to Timbuktu...as long as we keep the history and the expansion team we get plays in a stadium at RFK.

I AM FED UP

Living so far away from 'the action', I no longer bother watching any games.  Down in Aus, we get the Thursday night game at Friday lunchtime, and the Sunday games starting at 4am on Monday.  We get three games, starting in the US at 1pm, 4.24pm and 8.30pm.  That's all we get.  The station hierarchy only broadcast games that have the Pats, Broncos, Packers, Cowboys or Steelers playing, so Redskins games are few a far between.  I just log in to NFL.com, go to the scores are find out how much we lost by anyway as it saves me getting out of bed whenever the Redskins are shown.

I just wish I could've been like the Redskins players of today and turn up just to get paid!  Play football?  Nah, why do that?  They might get hurt.  Perfect example of that is Trent Williams.  He didn't get traded so he will return to practice so he doesn't lose a year OR he doesn't lose any more money.  If he really cared about the team, he would have been out there losing like the rest of them but nah, let's blame the medical staff for a misdiagnosis and miss half a season!

I hate growing up in eastern Montana I didn’t have cable. Forced to watch the game of the week on the 80s and some team had to be good. Could have been a Broncos fan or Vikings Fan or living in Seattle area now a Seahawks fan. But no I’ve been cursed. I’m not invested like some. Only been to two games both in Seattle. Spent less than $200 on merchandise my entire life.   I stick with my teams, but I will not pay for a product that I don’t get any benefit out of. Weird right. 

I have a friend who is a 49ers fan, and he knows I'm so turned off by the Skins anymore that he didn't even call or text to make fun of me when the Niners beat us 2 games ago. In the past, this was a given, but I'm so fed up that my friends don't even bother anymore because they know I don't care. Damn you, Dan Snyder! You've ruined something that meant as much to me as just about anything else in my 50 years on this earth.   

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Washington loses the Skins, there will be no expansion.  THE NFL isn't expanding.  Washington lose it's football then that's probably it.

There will be relocation in the future but more than likely to London. 

No, but another team might move here. Maybe Jacksonville. The DMV market is too lucrative to be absent of football.

41 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

The DMV market is too lucrative to be absent of football.

They have the Ravens about 30 minutes down the road.

LA went 2 Decades without a team.

I doubt that many will miss the Snyderskins if he moved the team though.

Move them to San Antonio so he can be closer to his idol Jerry Jones San Antonio Skins sounds good.

44 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

They have the Ravens about 30 minutes down the road.

LA went 2 Decades without a team.

I doubt that many will miss the Snyderskins if he moved the team though.

Move them to San Antonio so he can be closer to his idol Jerry Jones San Antonio Skins sounds good.

The DMV area already has the nearby Ravens.

Baltimore was without a team for 12 years and only got one due to relocation. 

10 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

I have a friend who is a 49ers fan, and he knows I'm so turned off by the Skins anymore that he didn't even call or text to make fun of me when the Niners beat us 2 games ago. In the past, this was a given, but I'm so fed up that my friends don't even bother anymore because they know I don't care. Damn you, Dan Snyder! You've ruined something that meant as much to me as just about anything else in my 50 years on this earth.   

I was born in Columbia, MD but moved to MA when I was seven (I'm 45 now). So most of my life I've been a displaced Redskins fan in Patriots country. You can just imagine what the last 25 years have been like...

Now, my good friends and family members up here that are naturally Patriot fans, actually treat me with pathetic sympathy. Like they care about me too much to even talk smack because many of them remember the times before Robert Kraft bought the team and hired Bill and drafted Tom and they understand the misery of rooting for a team that seems forever snake-bitten and doomed by poor ownership.

Now, I just hope to outlive Snyder long enough to see the day my beloved team changes hands...hopefully to someone half as competent as Robert Kraft...

Yeah the ticket thing is pretty funny. Reminds me of the Chargers when I lived in San Diego. They used to give their tickets away at the Navy Base because they thought it would attract more fans. All it ended up doing was bringing more fans of the other team to the stadium.

They also never got a new stadium and ran out of town.

I don't know if this is on-topic or not, but there are numerous people at my work who are fans of teams of the places they are originally from in all sports, but pulled for the Caps in their Cup run and the Nats this postseason. But when I ask them if they would cheer for the Redskins if they ever made a postseason run, they pretty much all emphatically say no. Not sure if its just a football thing...……..

years and years of mediocrity

miniture seats at stadium

expensive seats at stadium

piped in noise at stadium

out numbered by visiting team fans at stadium

terrible traffic at stadium

nothing to do around the stadium

the Devil's own franchise destroyer ... Vinnie 

the Devil's back-up franchise destroyer ... Bruce

comedy show rotating door of coaches and the occasional clown-coach

universally panned defensive coordinators

terrible/no club identity

sloppy execution ... players, coordinators, coaches, managers, ownership

misuse and waste of the talent in hand

bargin shopper-itis ... injured college greats hoping/banking on a recovery ... eventually ... maybe ... while tying up roster positions and putting back-ups in games way too often

yeah ... my fan status is eroding ... now it's like an addict ... I can't kick them but I really really want to

get a real GM

get a real HC

get leading edge creative up and coming coordinators

draft solid healthy players

change the name

change the uniform

build a new stadium in Washington

fill it with affordable seats large enough for a 90 percentile adult human male

stop ripping fans off with consessions

build the fan base back up

yes I'm available to interview for GM

I liken Snyder/Allen to the Khmer Rouge in that they have basically manage to kill off their entire fan base...unbelievable.  

My family had season tickets (50 yard line; section 101 at Fedex) since they moved from Boston and I gave them up after last season.  I got out alive; and have never looked back. 

Snyder and Allen can go f themselves. 

For many years when the Redskins were on their Super Bowl runs and even before that period I recall waking up Sunday mornings and reading the national sports page of the Washington Post and there would always be an interesting analytical column or two about the Redskins.  This weekend there is nothing interesting to read about the Skins.  I am losing my interest in this season and I will not spend one dime buying any Skins merchandise that is tied either directly or indirectly to the Danny.  If he fires the Prince of Darkness from his President of Redskins position then maybe I can go back to being excited about Redskins football.  The DC media is fed up too.   Now its up to the local jurisdictions= D.C. Virginia and Maryland to NOT give Snyder one dime for a new stadium and more importantly NOT allow him to buy the land for a new stadium.  If this happens then he will sell the team.  Game over for him to just sit back and collect millions of fans dollars.  No more IMAX theater on his new yacht too.  No more landing pad for his helicopter on the yacht.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:18 PM, Brokenstriker said:

get a real GM

get a real HC

get leading edge creative up and coming coordinators

draft solid healthy players

change the name

change the uniform

build a new stadium in Washington

fill it with affordable seats large enough for a 90 percentile adult human male

stop ripping fans off with consessions

build the fan base back up

A simple change in ownership might fix or have a plan in place to fix six of these things

On 11/3/2019 at 12:54 PM, veteranskinsfan said:

Now its up to the local jurisdictions= D.C. Virginia and Maryland to NOT give Snyder one dime for a new stadium and more importantly NOT allow him to buy the land for a new stadium.

This might be the only way we rid ourselves of Snyder. Only question is: will he move the team and if so, what will the NFL do after that? As much good will has he's lost in the area, it's still almost unthinkable that this team would leave D.C. It would be like the Yankees leaving New York but even in the depths of their ownership woes with Steinberenner, I don't think it was ever this acrimonious with them. 

What I worry about is that right before the lease is up at FedEx, this team pulls a miracle season out and advances deep in the playoffs. Recency bias settles in and everyone can't throw money at Dan Snyder fast enough, especially if it happens over the wishes of the residents living near the RFK Stadium site who have made it clear they want nothing to do with a new stadium.  

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

This might be the only way we rid ourselves of Snyder. Only question is: will he move the team and if so, what will the NFL do after that? As much good will has he's lost in the area, it's still almost unthinkable that this team would leave D.C. It would be like the Yankees leaving New York but even in the depths of their ownership woes with Steinberenner, I don't think it was ever this acrimonious with them. 

What I worry about is that right before the lease is up at FedEx, this team pulls a miracle season out and advances deep in the playoffs. Recency bias settles in and everyone can't throw money at Dan Snyder fast enough, especially if it happens over the wishes of the residents living near the RFK Stadium site who have made it clear they want nothing to do with a new stadium.  

Keep in mind that other "unmovable" teams have moved before, even after having a run of successful seasons: Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders 1981, Brooklyn Dodgers, Washington Senators, Los Angeles Rams 1995, Minneapolis Lakers, New York Giants MLB...don't think it can't happen.

What sounds better: San Antonio Redskins, St. Louis Redskins, Oakland Redskins, or San Diego Redskins?

34 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Keep in mind that other "unmovable" teams have moved before, even after having a run of successful seasons: Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders 1981, Brooklyn Dodgers, Washington Senators, Los Angeles Rams 1995, Minneapolis Lakers, New York Giants MLB...don't think it can't happen.

What sounds better: San Antonio Redskins, St. Louis Redskins, Oakland Redskins, or San Diego Redskins?

At this point, they all sound absolutely wonderful!  The sooner they leave, the better.  I just want a new football team in DC to root for.  One that's not a hot mess.

Archived