Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

56 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'll be honest with you Randy. I wouldnt even be mad if Snyder pulled an Irsay and moved the team in the middle of the night. We would either get an expansion team or another team in here in a few years. And if that would be the price to pay to get Snyder out of DC I would do it in a heartbeat. I am DONE with Dan Snyder. I KNOW how he made his money and who made it for him. I also know what he did to those people once he made that money. The man is nothing but a loser.

I would not object either, as long as the NFL did what they did with Modell and made him leave the name "Cleveland Browns" and its history behind.

Take the team to Timbuktu if Snyder wants to, but leave the name "Washington Redskins", its history and its Super Bowl trophies behind.

I know this won't be a popular answer here, but I really started to sour irreparably on the team in the wake of how Snyder handled the whole name issue. I don't think the objection to "Redskins" is purely some kind of ultraliberal cause--I think it's a natural progression of our society's awareness about our racist past and some of the cultural ramifications. Speaking only for myself--I know others have a different view--I grew up in Cleveland (around the Indians and Chief Wahoo) and as a Redskins fan, but once I moved to New Mexico and spent a lot of time around Native people, I came to see that these names and this imagery is outdated and racist, even if unintentionally. That Dan Snyder stomped his feet and wouldn't even acknowledge that this is real for people said a lot about him as a person--and there was already plenty not to like. I don't want to debate this here--like I said, I know it's a hot issue and I'm only speaking for myself.

So, couple this growing distance between me and the team with year after year of woeful play, and I'm at the point (have been for a couple years) where I just can't bring myself to watch anymore. RGIII's rookie season was a lot of fun, and I suppose that if every year were similar to that, I'd come back around. But it's not worth the time or frustration, and it's not like Snyder deserves any kind of loyalty.

I'm sorry but any Redskin fan that calls for the team to leave can go with it...  You'll never get another team back.. period end of story.. 

There is always a chance of a team turning around, there is NO CHANCE if there is no team.

Go take your relocation talk to Timbuktu..

7 minutes ago, worldpost said:

I'm sorry but any Redskin fan that calls for the team to leave can go with it...  You'll never get another team back.. period end of story.. 

There is always a chance of a team turning around, there is NO CHANCE if there is no team.

Yes. I’m sure the NFL would be happy without a team in the richest metropolitan area in the country where the world’s seat of power rests. If the Redskins left, another team would either materialize or relocate within three years. Probably the Jaguars. DC should get an AFC team anyway-there’s certainly enough people.

1 minute ago, D’Pablo said:

Yes. I’m sure the NFL would be happy without a team in the richest metropolitan area in the country where the world’s seat of power rests. If the Redskins left, another team would either materialize or relocate within three years. Probably the Jaguars. DC should get an AFC team anyway-there’s certainly enough people.

Oh I'm sure they want a market that can't fill half of it's stadium..  Your delusional to think it would be so easy..  The name to the stadium to the transient population are anchors to this team.. Don't believe me.. look at how the evaluation of this team has fallen over the years...  If you don't want to root for this team.. that's fine..  Go buy a another jersey and wave bye bye..  just don't let the door hit you...  

19 minutes ago, worldpost said:

No 

1 minute ago, worldpost said:

Oh I'm sure they want a market that can't fill half of it's stadium..  Your delusional to think it would be so easy..  The name to the stadium to the transient population are anchors to this team.. Don't believe me.. look at how the evaluation of this team has fallen over the years...  If you don't want to root for this team.. that's fine..  Go buy a another jersey and wave bye bye..  just don't let the door hit you...  

That this team still has a valuation in the top five of the league has much more to do with where the product is located than the product itself. And believe me, I’m the one that’ll be slamming the door as the Skins move to Richmond or Virginia Beach. I sure as hell am sick of this product representing the place of my birth.

10 minutes ago, worldpost said:

Trying to police the fanhood of the worst franchise in the league, exciting hobby you have. I'm sure your gung-ho loyalty must be being rewarded? No? You have to eat the same **** sandwich as the rest of us? Alright then, sit back down. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Trying to police the fanhood of the worst franchise in the league, exciting hobby you have. I'm sure your gung-ho loyalty must be being rewarded? No? You have to eat the same **** sandwich as the rest of us? Alright then, sit back down. 

Of course I'm not happy with the direction of this team, but advocating your team move, and believing that your going to get another one is folly

And telling me to sit down is as much folly as wanting the team to move.. So as one response to me stated  "NO"

33 minutes ago, worldpost said:

You mean like Baltimore and Cleveland never got another team?

7 minutes ago, worldpost said:

Of course I'm not happy with the direction of this team, but advocating your team move, and believing that your going to get another one is folly

And telling me to sit down is as much folly as wanting the team to move.. So as one response to me stated  "NO"

Apology accepted man, I agree that we're all equally fans of this ****ty team and can root for them and for the change we think would be beneficial in our own way without judging people's fanhood and stuff. Really well put by you, couldn't have said it better myself. 

I've heard fellow fans talk about apathy for a few years now, but this year is just total MEH don't care.  

I used to feel nervous and anxious right before kickoff.  I feel nothing now.  I guess I still care a little, but.....meh.

The team has survived and kept it's fans through the apathy , but this feels different.  The Redskins are moving toward "no one cares about your team" territory like some new expansion team.  Our history is the only reason people still care and that's being wiped out.  We don't care which coach or QB or GM it is anymore, we've shuffled through plenty of them and it only gets worse.  Even firings and changes won't bring hope.  It's sad.

Archived