Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

second hardest remaining schedule.... no way does this team win 5.... I really don't even believe there is a chance

Sorry, I meant 5-8 draft range. They’ll win 3, maybe 4. The dolphins will win 1, maybe 2. Broncos 3. Jets 2-3. Cardinals 3-4. Bengals 1-2. Skins will have the best record of this group. 

Just now, benskins26 said:

Sorry, I meant 5-8 draft range. They’ll win 3, maybe 4. The dolphins will win 1, maybe 2. Broncos 3. Jets 2-3. Cardinals 3-4. Bengals 1-2. Skins will have the best record of this group. 

I used to think that as well, now, not so much. I'm actually hoping we lose to the Dolphins.... I live down here in SoFlo and just like the Knicks wanting Williamson, they want that #1 overall pick. I'd love to have it just to trade with them for their #1s. I think the Broncos are better than they are playing (Their o-line sucks). Jets will win a few with Darnold coming back in a few weeks. Cards will win more than that I believe once they find their mojo. Bengals have shown they are actually a fairly well coached team and may not be picking in the top 10. (their division is open right now)

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I used to think that as well, now, not so much. I'm actually hoping we lose to the Dolphins.... I live down here in SoFlo and just like the Knicks wanting Williamson, they want that #1 overall pick. I'd love to have it just to trade with them for their #1s. I think the Broncos are better than they are playing (Their o-line sucks). Jets will win a few with Darnold coming back in a few weeks. Cards will win more than that I believe once they find their mojo. Bengals have shown they are actually a fairly well coached team and may not be picking in the top 10. (their division is open right now)

I sure do hope you’re right. 

14 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I don't think we've ever won a game down there; neither Orange Bowl nor Joe Robbie/Hard Rock Stadium.

If you have season tickets for this year you should be trying to unload them some how.   Two hours before game time on stub hub last night they were going for $7.00 per ticket per Sheehan on the radio this morning.   I cannot imagine sitting in the stadium last night and seeing how pathetic the Skins played and then thinking about the money I just blew to go to the game.  I guess I would just keep drinking at that point and take a cab home.

Its called the Snyder era and these aren't the Redskins; they are the Snyderskins. Ran into a fan at the beach over the weekend and he blamed it all on the coaches to which I replied, "All 10 of them?" (Don't know if its 10 but its close. Best coach was Shottenheimer and Snyder fired him after 1 year because Marty wouldn't buckle. Gibbs 4 year return was I am sure based on Snyder staying away from anything to do with football. Until Snyder sells the team the losing culture will persist and the new owners will inherit a destroyed franchise.

Joe Gibbs returned to the Fed Ex last night, twelve years after he last coached. In December 2007,  90,910 fans packed the stadium as the Skins defeated Dallas to clinch a playoff spot.  Fortunately for the HOF'r, Gibbs hasn't kept in touch with what has hapened since he left, as evidenced by his interview on the pre game show: "It's a thrill for me to be back here in this atmosphere," Gibbs said. "I think that's the best thing we've got going for ourselves is our fans here."

1 hour ago, benskins26 said:

Theres a zero chance we dont **** this up somehow. We'll probably win 5 of our last 7 games or something stupid.

Its interesting to watch other games each Sunday and see what a real home team crowd looks/sounds like.  The Chiefs for example... remember when the Skins had something like that?  I do.  Attending a Seattle game is mind blowing because of the electricity present.  What this team (ownership and FO) has done to the fan base is remarkable.  Winning is a big part obviously - the biggest part but the experience is also an important aspect.  Ive never been to FedEX and don't plan to go based on what Ive heard and seen on TV.  I freaking love football however and am jealous of what other fan bases have.  

The Skins are a mockery as they have been for years.  Didn't think it would get worse but as of last year its clear they have lost their fans.  Whats left?  

GA66WPVVC5CKNEZVQRGIA2TLTY.jpg.aa342e8f79d623814ea5acfb77802408.jpg5d7eaeff9f942.image.jpg.b9b5489d6f04bbbdcbee35bb0de71326.jpg

I tweeted this last night.  Arrived at a Buffalo Wild Wings last night in Richmond VA to catch the game.  15 minutes before kickoff and the place was empty... as in not a single person sitting at the bar and only a table or two occupied.  This, in the heart of what used to be Redskins "country" Central Virginia... for a Monday Night Game.  This, in the city that hosts the Redskins Training Camp each year.  It was startling!

And those that did meander in... probably a dozen Redskins fans and half a doze Bears fans... only the Bears fans were excited.  More Skins fans I talked to either didn't care.... or were hoping for a blowout in order to hasten the removal of Jay Gruden and more importantly... Bruce Allen.  

I'm afraid 20 years of losing has eroded the fan base beyond repair.  It will take a decade of winning, ala the New England Patriots, to even have a chance to shift back the fan base.    

8 minutes ago, Cskin said:

I tweeted this last night.  Arrived at a Buffalo Wild Wings last night in Richmond VA to catch the game.  15 minutes before kickoff and the place was empty... as in not a single person sitting at the bar and only a table or two occupied.  This, in the heart of what used to be Redskins "country" Central Virginia... for a Monday Night Game.  This, in the city that hosts the Redskins Training Camp each year.  It was startling!

And those that did meander in... probably a dozen Redskins fans and half a doze Bears fans... only the Bears fans were excited.  More Skins fans I talked to either didn't care.... or were hoping for a blowout in order to hasten the removal of Jay Gruden and more importantly... Bruce Allen.  

I'm afraid 20 years of losing has eroded the fan base beyond repair.  It will take a decade of winning, ala the New England Patriots, to even have a chance to shift back the fan base.    

Also a Richmonder and life long Redskins fan as I know it, The BW3 at Short Pump is a Bears bar or it was.  Pour House across from there is a Steelers Bar.  I cannot recall a truly home base Redskins Bar.  Big Al's Sports Bar owned by Al Coleman, longtime Redskins Sufferer, was probably the closest but he sold that about a year or two ago.  

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We are the most embarrassing organization in professional sports. We now have 16 road games a year.

Oh it goes beyond sports. This is the worst organization of any kind... in the world... EVER!!!

Papa John’s Pizza... better

Vince Russo’s WCW... better

North Korean social services... better

That company that would make lampshades out of your dead relatives’ skin... they’re all better than this garbage franchise.

3 hours ago, benskins26 said:

There is zero chance we don’t screw that up. We’ll end up around 5-8. Rattle off a couple meaningless wins at the very end of the season when other teams are resting starters, and call it a momentum win. Meanwhile the smart teams will lose those. 

Yep. We are the kings of bull**** December W's when by then, no one even cares anymore. And thats not an ok signal for tanking. I hate that mndset. But giving yourself a worse shot at a draft pick when you know your fate is already sealed as a **** eating team for that season, just sucks

Archived