Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we seen and heard enough from Norman yet?

Monkman56

I’ve liked Norman. Even have his jersey. So i hate seeing him play like **** every week. Although to be fair, im pretty sure we were all singing his praises in 2016, his first season here, weren’t we? People are only hating on the guy cause the whole defense is ****. If the defense is playing well, i doubt anyone is trashing him at all. 

But it that’s how it is with most nfl players. I get that 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’ve liked Norman. Even have his jersey. So i hate seeing him play like **** every week. Although to be fair, im pretty sure we were all singing his praises in 2016, his first season here, weren’t we? People are only hating on the guy cause the whole defense is ****. If the defense is playing well, i doubt anyone is trashing him at all. 

But it that’s how it is with most nfl players. I get that 

If he just sucked on the field and stfu off of it, nobody would say anything about him 

instead he sucks on the field and actively takes shots at fans after 

So **** him 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Josh Norman is a case study in understanding what system you're going to be playing in before you decide that the grass is greener somewhere else

I mean, his issue in CAR was his contract, they let him out of his franchise tag in an all-time strange move when we signed him.

I think he's found the green grass in that regard, lol.

But yeah, we've used him incorrectly from the jump.

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean, his issue in CAR was his contract, they let him out of his franchise tag in an all-time strange move when we signed him.

Are we using Dunbar correctly? He seems to suck less 😄

But I understand that our D probably plays to Dunbars strengths more. Our D requires CB to cover receivers and catch an occasional INT. Neither are Normans strenths

So we know he is sucking at man coverage, why are they not helping him then?  Where are the safeties to ensure the big play is negated when throwing towards him? Again, Manusky needs to get over it with his system and play to the strengths of his players! Either fire him or bench Norman!  Team almost lost again due to poor defense!

I was a Norman defender when we first signed him because I legitimately thought in his first year here he was being used in a different way than before when he was a very good corner.  Now you can argue that for the money he makes, he should be able to cover a WR period, in any system or scheme.  However, the Redskins are the ones who signed him, which means they should have done a better job scouting his abilities.

All that is moot for 2019 Norman though, because 2019 Norman is just bad. Awful even.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, PartyPosse said:

Fuller Isn’t exactly lighting it up in KC

This is an inherent problem here “oh well those guys are doing nothing for their new teams blah blah blahetc” who cares what they do for other teams they were productive players here and continuously they get shown the door and replaced with bums or high star power old players not a way to build a product wont ever work ive said this a million times we are the only team thats willing to trade away young up coming talent

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I was a Norman defender when we first signed him because I legitimately thought in his first year here he was being used in a different way than before when he was a very good corner.  Now you can argue that for the money he makes, he should be able to cover a WR period, in any system or scheme.  However, the Redskins are the ones who signed him, which means they should have done a better job scouting his abilities.

All that is moot for 2019 Norman though, because 2019 Norman is just bad. Awful even.

I actually think norman played well his first year here if it wasnt for him i think our defense would have been historically bad...now however hes just a step too slow unfortunately 

What a total waste of 12m cap space, a minimum vet could do what he's doing and save us 10/11m in cap space to boot. Should have been out after last season, good news is that hopefully we will have Norman, Williams and Reed off the books and could be looking at upwards of 80m cap space and hopefully another 1st rounder for Williams. 

HTTR 

16 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Geez. Thinking about Norman just brings me back to how I feel about McGlouhan's tenure here. I LOVED the notion of McGlouhan, the football-minded GM that was credited with bringing about a palpable culture-change in this organization. But then I look back at his drafts and signings like Norman and I just shake my head at how all that turned out.

Look, I want Allen fired yesterday, but being objective, his recent drafts have been FAR better than what took place under McGlouhan's watch. It hurts to even acknowledge that.

41 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I look back at his drafts and signings like Norman

Don't forget about Culliver, we were still holding $5M in dead cap through the 2017 season and he hadn't played a down for us since Oct 2015.

I bet most around here forget about that signing.

If the Texans are all in and their FO is going "eff the draft," I'd trade the Texans Trent for Tytus Howard (who would be a starter at RT in the worst case or even LT for us next year), Kahale Warring (who is on IR but solves our need for a high end 2-way TE prospect), their 2020 2nd, their 2020 3rd and a bunch of other Day 3 picks in 2019 and 2020 (as most of their 2019 and 2020 Day 1 and Day 2 picks have been sold off). 

You can think of Howard as a late first (he's played well until his recent injury).

5 minutes ago, method man said:

If the Texans are all in and their FO is going "eff the draft," I'd trade the Texans Trent for Tytus Howard (who would be a starter at RT in the worst case or even LT for us next year), Kahale Warring (who is on IR but solves our need for a high end 2-way TE prospect), their 2020 2nd, their 2020 3rd and a bunch of other Day 3 picks in 2019 and 2020 (as most of their 2019 and 2020 Day 1 and Day 2 picks have been sold off). 

You can think of Howard as a late first (he's played well until his recent injury).

Trent and Norman for DeAndre Hopkins...

Teams are now targeting Norman like they would a 7th round draft pick rookie and having success.  I also think Norman has lost the fire/fight/desire he used to have.  I (unfortunately) was at the Giants game and watched a lot of Norman and even when other teams aren't going his way they probably should be.  He looks uninterested.  He also seems to get slightly injured on every other play.  Perhaps he is dealing with some injury we don't know about.  In any event I think he stands out as a liability yet is paid like the top at his position.  He needs to be gone.

14 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

This is an inherent problem here “oh well those guys are doing nothing for their new teams blah blah blahetc” who cares what they do for other teams they were productive players here and continuously they get shown the door and replaced with bums or high star power old players not a way to build a product wont ever work ive said this a million times we are the only team thats willing to trade away young up coming talent

Well, we’ve been pretty good at “selling high” in that regard. The Smith trade was dumb no doubt, but they seized the opportunity to maximize Fuller’s value.

besides, I can’t think of too many other times we traded away young talent.

How about we let this guy blitz.  He use to sack Russel Wilson with his blitzing abilities.  That’s is not easy to do.  Wasn’t our best defensive play an all out cb blitz at one time when we were ranked in the top 15?  Have we ever let this guy blitz even once?  Play these guys to there strengths.  

Archived