Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we seen and heard enough from Norman yet?

Monkman56

5 minutes ago, BurgundyMalaise said:

Yeah, Norman hasn't been good for us. I'm sure we all thought he would generate turnovers and be a top 5 talent when we signed him but he's been bad the last two years.

I did not think that at all. With our free agent track record I was cautiously optimistic at best. And I'm not surprised with the results. These free agents almost never pan out for us. In the end Carolina looks pretty smart having rescinded that franchise tag on him.

I wasn't a big fan of the money we spent on him at the time, but I did think we needed a player of his caliber. 

He hasn't had a good run of it lately but I really don't think he is the source of the problem. 

We're getting steamrolled up front, applying no pressure, and our secondary is continually on the back foot. I think we have a serious coaching problem on defense. 

Some say that "well, we just look good on paper". 

Nope. There is too much talent on the defense for it to be this bad. 

Always hated the Norman signing and even more so that his skills are in decline, probably due to our poor coaching and apathetic malaise that swallows our team every year.  The Collins signing is awful as well.  My hopes were in the off-season was to strip the fat off ofthis roster and go all young, hungry players.  That included Norman, Reed, Davis, and trading Trent while he has value.  Probably best to have the new regime do it anyway so to avoid this current staff ruining the new young guys.

1 hour ago, megared said:

Not seeing him making individual plays despite dysfunction...the way I'd expect from an elite (top 5) player at his position.  Bruce overpaid for a system (cover 3) corner that had a great year, behind a formidable front 7.  

The TD they gave up against Devin Smith, he wasn't in a position to do much of anything except possibly play an under thrown ball.  

NormanSplits.png

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-redskins-are-looking-for-more-from-josh-norman-in-2019

Devin Smith and every other decent WR in the league knows they can blow past Norman now. This team is in big trouble.

1 hour ago, VeroViper said:

I did not think that at all. With our free agent track record I was cautiously optimistic at best. And I'm not surprised with the results. These free agents almost never pan out for us. In the end Carolina looks pretty smart having rescinded that franchise tag on him.

Was there any other free agent DB that worked out ever? Shaun Springs maybe?

54 minutes ago, mojo said:

Always hated the Norman signing and even more so that his skills are in decline, probably due to our poor coaching and apathetic malaise that swallows our team every year.  The Collins signing is awful as well.  My hopes were in the off-season was to strip the fat off ofthis roster and go all young, hungry players.  That included Norman, Reed, Davis, and trading Trent while he has value.  Probably best to have the new regime do it anyway so to avoid this current staff ruining the new young guys.

Makes sense because more than likely there will be a new regime in place next year. At least some will feel a bit of false hope with that happening.

Some jump the shark. Norman jumped the bull.

I think one of the reasons we are so tough on Norman is that we in Redskinsland know what truly great cornerbacking looks like. We know Darrell Green and Champ Bailey and so many others on this team who were truly elite. Norman is probably good, but he is expected to be great or maybe even better than great. 

He ain't.

40 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Trade Norman and a 5th to the Jags for Ramsey. Fills the void for both teams. Jags walk away with a little extra. We get the better, younger malcontent player 

I would love for that to happen.  Maybe it will....I just hope we explore the opportunity to acquire him.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Trade Norman and a 5th to the Jags for Ramsey. Fills the void for both teams. Jags walk away with a little extra. We get the better, younger malcontent player 

Do not want.  So then we make him the highest paid corner, to largely be ineffective in our defensive scheme?  

He talks just as much, if not more than our #1 CB and the safety we just released, combined.  I think he'd clash with this coaching staff in no time flat...especially as it's currently composed.

15 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Do they need a LT?  I know a guy who knows a guy...

I'm with Petey. Trade Trent instead. I'm just as "done" with Josh Norman as everyone else but at least he wants to be here and our secondary needs as many players as it can hold.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Without stating the obvious, hell Norman is done. The guy is washed up. Not sure he even has trade value now. 

Washed up?

I don't think he was ever good. I think the Panthers defense made him look better than what he was. Hell he isn't even that old yet. He just sucks

Archived