Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This might be the worst Redskins running team I've ever seen

Playaction2Sanders

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The plan was running the ball, not turning the ball over, and playing defense.   Worked last year, until the QBs started throwing picks.  Now the defense is non-existent.  It really doesnt matter wanting to run more, that wont keep up with an offense moving up and down the field on our defense.  This plan is broken now until at least the defense plays better, regardless of the running back.

I think that's true. The first half game plan did what Gruden wanted for the most part. The Cowboys scored 21 straight points with literally one Redskins drive interrupting the onslaught. Those drives were 97 yards, 83 yards, and 75 yards. At that point, your gameplan goes up in flames.

To Gruden's credit, the best drive of the season might have come at 21-7.  And that was immediately followed by two more long scoring drives.

I'm actually astonished the Cowboys only had the ball for 33 minutes. From the second quarter forward, it felt like they had the ball he entire time.

I cannot be the first to say holy overreaction, batman.

Philly and Dallas are stout. We passed the ball very well, extremely well if you consider our talent at wideout. Why keep running into a brick wall?  Our top back got injured basically immediately. Our only open it up guy Reed on the shelf. We have 2 new guys on the OL. And we have a coach suddenly revealing that running AP on first down over and over isn't going to work for him.  

So we are a work in progress right now but it doesn't matter much to me if we can pass the ball.   Our problem is not the run game, its our cannot stop anyone 2nd half D. If we can get a decent lead ha, and our D hold it, i think our run woes will go away.

I will give OPie credit that we have no run identity and haven't since Shanny left.

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm actually astonished the Cowboys only had the ball for 33 minutes. From the second quarter forward, it felt like they had the ball he entire time.

It's because they were pretty much scoring at will...and the only time they couldn't move it by themselves, we committed silly penalties to extend drives. 

TD Drive 1:  97 yards, 3:34

TD Drive 2:  83 yards, 4:23*  Aided by roughing the passer penalty (Sweat) and the defensive holding one on Moreland.

______HALF_______

TD Drive 3:  75 yards, 5:02

FG Drive 1:  68 yards, 5:39

TD Drive 4: 54 yards, 5:57

On 9/15/2019 at 6:15 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Might be the smartest guy on the roster.

*Also, he's still being drug tested. So you don't need to worry about the blunts anymore than usual with him. 

IDK about that. You have to be pretty dumb to possibly let 13 million go down the drain. 

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Profootballtalk is reporting the Skins are looking at two more running backs and bringing them in for tryouts.   They should be looking for 2-3 offensive linemen who can run block then their running issue is resolved.

Same problem as last year. Not many of those just sitting by the phone.

I assume this means Guice will be out for awhile.

Sticking with the run and/or knowing when to call running plays........both would help tremendously. Those 1000+ yards that AP had last year weren't handed out to the team like comp picks. They were generated on the field. And he would've had a helluva lot more if Gruden hadn't kept taking him out when he got hot and putting in slow, indecisive runners. It was almost like he didn't want to use the man's strengths to help the team.

That play-action won't work unless you've shown that you're willing and capable of running the ball.

Archived