Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Manusky Why Isn't He Fired Yet?

desertbeagle85

37 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Real good job bud. Jump into a conversation and read one post with out reading any other post. I'm the one that created the thread we can't win with these coaches. Also created this thread. So in other words what the hell are you talking about. If I was running this team I would've fired everyone in the off season. With that being said i'm sure who ever Snyder hires will blow, because this team has blown from the time he took over. 

So you started to the thread to say that our coaches are trash and can't be won with. You then go on to say that the team can't hire someone else because that person won't be able to work with Haskins, and that new coach won't be able to work with Haskins because the team will blow no matter who they hire. So we can't win with who we have, we can't win with someone else. Can I put in for a raise at this job?

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So you started to the thread to say that our coaches are trash and can't be won with. You then go on to say that the team can't hire someone else because that person won't be able to work with Haskins, and that new coach won't be able to work with Haskins because the team will blow no matter who they hire. So we can't win with who we have, we can't win with someone else. Can I put in for a raise at this job?

Did I say they couldn't hire a new coach? No I said it sucks because it will hurt Haskins. They should've just hired a new staff during the off season. It's only been 30 years. So yes we can't win with this coaching staff and we won't win with the next set of coaches. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. Snyder is the overall problem. As you saw with the empty seats and sea of blue today at Fedex. 

52 minutes ago, carex said:

or you could just talk about what you see on the field

You can do that, and just stop trying to direct traffic on discussion. Some people want to talk about the issues on the organizational level. Some are more concerned with season-to-season roster construction. Some like yourself wish to focus more on game-to-game issues that pop up on the field. Discuss what makes you happy. Stop trying to expose the holes in others' thinking when it just comes down to a disagreement you have about how you see the team. It's like you're trying to engage in the discussion but stay above it somehow, trying to referee it. We're good down here, I promise.

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Did I say they couldn't hire a new coach? No I said it sucks because it will hurt Haskins. They should've just hired a new staff during the off season. It's only been 30 years. So yes we can't win with this coaching staff and we won't win with the next set of coaches. Not why this is so hard for you to understand. Snyder is the overall problem. As you saw with the empty seats and sea of blue today at Fedex. 

The bolded part is exactly why it's hard for me to understand. You are saying yourself that we can't win with any coaching staff, new or old. You have made the point that we can't go forward, backward, or stay where we are. So what would be your next move? I will make myself very clear, my next move would be to get a new staff, regardless of whether Snyder is the owner or not. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I wouldn't let the failure to find a good coach yet stop me from trying to get a better coach. Your posts so far imply that that isn't a viable option.

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The bolded part is exactly why it's hard for me to understand. You are saying yourself that we can't win with any coaching staff, new or old. You have made the point that we can't go forward, backward, or stay where we are. So what would be your next move? I will make myself very clear, my next move would be to get a new staff, regardless of whether Snyder is the owner or not. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I wouldn't let the failure to find a good coach yet stop me from trying to get a better coach. Your posts so far imply that that isn't a viable option.

The only move is to move on from the coaches. I'm sure it won't work, but Snyder isn't selling the team. So the only hope we have is if we get lucky with a new coaching staff. This one is clearly not the answer. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The only move is to move on from the coaches. I'm sure it won't work, but Snyder isn't selling the team. So the only hope we have is if we get lucky with a new coaching staff. This one is clearly not the answer. 

And GM. Don't forget that. A new GM to replace Allen, who hires a new HC who is excited to work with Haskins. That's the ticket for us imo

hes pretty horrific.  terrible vanilla gameplan on defense, dak literally threw uncontested all day, he only missed 4 passes.  i dont care who the QB is, that is absolutely unacceptable.  and no adjustments at all (which i expect out of this staff because they are incapable of it) but im still going to complain about it lol.

he'll be fired soon, the whole staff is gone come january so we might as well give tomsula a shot at running the D for a few months, and get the haskins party started sooner than later.  this team has started 0-2 5 times since 1998, no team finished with more than 8 wins.  season is over already.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

And GM. Don't forget that. A new GM to replace Allen, who hires a new HC who is excited to work with Haskins. That's the ticket for us imo

its insane that allen has outlasted vinny, and 100% been worse.  i didnt think it was possible to be worse than vinny, and allen has successfully taken that torch.

What?????? Do we…do we watch the same team??? Are we seeing the same things? Manusky is clueless. He would get outcoached by a baboon on an acid trip. He would make Nate Peterman look like Joe ****ing Montana. What world is he living in? They make zero adjustments at halftime, they are allowing huge plays all over the place, and it’s just a mess. You don’t have to be a football savant to watch this defense and see there are GLARING issues. And how about all this?

STAFF ISN’T REACHING THEM??????? They had all training camp and preseason!!!!!!! What world…I’m just….it’s incredible. I’m having a hard time typing how idiotic of a statement that is. And then he says “they’ve played two great offenses”. Like..what???? Yeah, that’s the point of having a good defense. You can’t win a Super Bowl without stopping those teams. The **** is he even saying? This is crazytown. Gruden is as good as gone. Another wasted season.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/i-cant-believe-how-big-of-bozos-jay-gruden-and-greg-manusky-are

Again, as a lot of people have stated.  Manusky should have been fired after the game today.  Unreal.  With Gruden given his vote of confidence in them he should be gone as well before mid-season.  Turn the team over to O Connell.  SnyderAllen is the real problem though.

5 hours ago, Brokenstriker said:

statistics aren't on our side ... sample size is too small to justify that conclusion.  Simply put they haven't brought in a game-oriented defensive coordinator.  For the love of God Almighty ... they need to bring in someone like Venables (Clemson) ... creative ... game plan oriented ... demanding ... perfectionist ... adapts his game to his players ... The Redskins have EXCELLENT TALENT on defense ... some weak area perhaps especially when injuries come into play but for Pete's sake ... the D Line are all studs!  The safeties are good to very good ... the CBs have played at much higher levels ... the LBs are at least good quite possibly very good (Holcomb BTW looks like he needs to play more).  The talent is there ... the game prep, game plan, halftime adjustments, motivation?, leadership?  ... those things aren't there.

There's talent on defense, no doubt, although don't overrate it. Good coaches can scheme to maximise that talent and minimise the limitations, although those limitations will show up at times and lose you games no matter what.

The point I'm trying to make isn't to abandon all hope because there's no chance at all. It's more that you'd think somebody would bring something different to the table, even if the coordinators being hired aren't exactly top ranking. However, even the best coordinator we've had in the past 15 years, Gregg Williams, still played some games with this exact same strategy. Patriots in 2007 took the soft cushions all day long and because they were given them all day long.

1 hour ago, Garcon More Wine said:

its insane that allen has outlasted vinny, and 100% been worse.  i didnt think it was possible to be worse than vinny, and allen has successfully taken that torch.

Not even slightly has Allen taken the torch from Vinny lol...When Allen:

- Goes to Snyder behind the scenes after being fired and tries undermining the new GM

- Worms his way back into the front office after the new GM is fired

- Trades away numerous draft picks on players that only stay with the team a year or two and contribute almost nothing

- Orchestrates a massive free agent acquisition on the level of Haynesworth

- Has back-to-back drafts of a total of 16 players, which netted ONE legit starter and sees 12 of the 16 players out of the league by the time their rookie deals were done

...then and only then can you say he's as bad as Vinny...not worse.

If nothing else--and there probably is nothing else lol--Allen has helped instilled a (relative) sense of fiscal responsibility, emphasis on the draft, and patience...all of which were desperately needed and none of which had been part of the Snyder regime. Unfortunately for us, he doesn't have the football acumen to truly use those three areas to strengthen the team. The fiscal responsibility hasn't really led to a stronger cap foundation to work from, the patience is being given to the wrong people, and while we have brought in a lot of young genuine talent it's not being paired up with the right staff to utilize them to their fullest.

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not even slightly has Allen taken the torch from Vinny lol...When Allen:

- Goes to Snyder behind the scenes after being fired and tries undermining the new GM

- Worms his way back into the front office after the new GM is fired

- Trades away numerous draft picks on players that only stay with the team a year or two and contribute almost nothing

- Orchestrates a massive free agent acquisition on the level of Haynesworth

- Has back-to-back drafts of a total of 16 players, which netted ONE legit starter and sees 12 of the 16 players out of the league by the time their rookie deals were done

...then and only then can you say he's as bad as Vinny...not worse.

If nothing else--and there probably is nothing else lol--Allen has helped instilled a (relative) sense of fiscal responsibility, emphasis on the draft, and patience...all of which were desperately needed and none of which had been part of the Snyder regime. Unfortunately for us, he doesn't have the football acumen to truly use those three areas to strengthen the team. The fiscal responsibility hasn't really led to a stronger cap foundation to work from, the patience is being given to the wrong people, and while we have brought in a lot of young genuine talent it's not being paired up with the right staff to utilize them to their fullest.

I just find it hilarious that Dan Snyder actually really thought Bruce Allen was a great hire because he was still trying to sell the nostalgia factor.  Unbelievable.  He has kept him around for way too long just like Vinny.  He has to find another yes man before he can depart Allen.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Amen, Reverend Califan!! You can pass the collection plate on that. Spot on! That, and the way he undermines anyone he views as a threat to his singular influence on the owner.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

I just find it hilarious that Dan Snyder actually really thought Bruce Allen was a great hire because he was still trying to sell the nostalgia factor.  Unbelievable.  He has kept him around for way too long just like Vinny.  He has to find another yes man before he can depart Allen.

Welllll  lol....back at the time, the story was Shanahan wanting Bruce as his GM is what spurred Snyder hiring Allen:

"Multiple sources have told us in the wake of Daniel Snyder’s decision to swap out Vinny Cerrato for Bruce Allen that the maneuver was simply the first step in a plan that culminates with the hiring of Mike Shanahan to coach — and, as a practical matter, to run — the team.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that, indeed, Shanahan and the Redskins have been talking about just such an arrangement.

Klis also explains that Shanahan and Allen are indeed a package deal, and that Allen would have gone to Buffalo if Shanahan had been interested in taking over the Bills."

To your point, though, Snyder is supposed to have wanted Allen as his GM even before Zorn was hired, nonetheless Shanahan.

23 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Welllll  lol....back at the time, the story was Shanahan wanting Bruce as his GM is what spurred Snyder hiring Allen:

"Multiple sources have told us in the wake of Daniel Snyder’s decision to swap out Vinny Cerrato for Bruce Allen that the maneuver was simply the first step in a plan that culminates with the hiring of Mike Shanahan to coach — and, as a practical matter, to run — the team.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that, indeed, Shanahan and the Redskins have been talking about just such an arrangement.

Klis also explains that Shanahan and Allen are indeed a package deal, and that Allen would have gone to Buffalo if Shanahan had been interested in taking over the Bills."

To your point, though, Snyder is supposed to have wanted Allen as his GM even before Zorn was hired, nonetheless Shanahan.

Wow.  Well, if they were a package deal.... WHY THE HELL IS ALLEN STILL HERE???? 😭

I've never seen much advantage to firing a coach in-season. I guess we have some gray beards who have been coordinators before. Basically, we just have to ride out this season of yuck.

Hopefully, we have a lot of chores saved up because, you know de-grouting will be a lot more fun than some of these games.

Manusky should have been canned last year even if Snyder buys into Allen and Gruden for another year.

All the defensive talent and they have given up the second most yards in the NFL. Second only to the tankphins.  

It is okay to fire him mid season if his status quo game plan continues.  Does it really matter who takes his place if this continues?

5 hours ago, my_friend_goo said:

There's talent on defense, no doubt, although don't overrate it. Good coaches can scheme to maximise that talent and minimise the limitations, although those limitations will show up at times and lose you games no matter what.

The point I'm trying to make isn't to abandon all hope because there's no chance at all. It's more that you'd think somebody would bring something different to the table, even if the coordinators being hired aren't exactly top ranking. However, even the best coordinator we've had in the past 15 years, Gregg Williams, still played some games with this exact same strategy. Patriots in 2007 took the soft cushions all day long and because they were given them all day long.

we're on the same page ... good coordinators understand their team's and the opponents' strengths and weaknesses ... and put their players in the best situations to take advantage of their strenths and the opponents weaknesses.  It's not some dark mystic art ... it's basic "real" coaching.  It's also fundemental to relatable real world experiences ... adapt and overcome

According to Josh Norman, this defense could be "all time".  Landon Collins also said it was the best defense he's ever been a part of.

It makes me wonder if this is just the type of stuff guys tell themselves to get going or if they actually, truly see anything in practice and preseason that leads them to believe this.  Does lining up against their own offense inflate how they value themselves or is it just blowing smoke for the sake of blowing smoke?

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

According to Josh Norman, this defense could be "all time".  Landon Collins also said it was the best defense he's ever been a part of.

It makes me wonder if this is just the type of stuff guys tell themselves to get going or if they actually, truly see anything in practice and preseason that leads them to believe this.  Does lining up against their own offense inflate how they value themselves or is it just blowing smoke for the sake of blowing smoke?

We don't blitz or stunt. Our pressure packages are almost non existent.

Kerrigan is 8 yards upfield on a run... teams don't even have to commit a resource to block him... He blocks himself. Run power to his side, the guard pulls through to the second level and running lanes are there. A four man rush negates any accounting for blitzes and stunts and makes it really easy on the OL for blocking purposes. We're not getting pressure because they can literally double Payne and run Sweat/Kerrigan around the outside of the pocket. We aren't covering well because of miscommunication in the secondary, but mostly because QBs have 3-5 seconds to throw the ball on most downs.

There is talent on the defense. I can't speak to "best ever" or anything. But the defense is too talented to be this bad. 

That, to me, is on coaching. And the buck starts with Gruden and ends with Manusky.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There is talent on the defense. I can't speak to "best ever" or anything. But the defense is too talented to be this bad. 

That, to me, is on coaching. And the buck starts with Gruden and ends with Manusky.

Oh I absolutely agree that there is more talent on this defense than what they show on gameday.  I don't even know why I'm surprised that they were talking smack before week 1 about how great they are, because that's what practically every sorry defensive unit we've fielded for a decade has done.  

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s just something players and coaches say.

Archived