desertbeagle85

Greg Manusky Why Isn't He Fired Yet?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I'd like to know why Manusky thought it was necessary to give a 37 year old Witten 5 yards of cushion off the line? If you are not confident in a linebacker or corner or safety to able to cover a geriatric tight end without pull off coverage, you either need to bench some players, or resign as a coordinator.

The same reason he killed Norman on a rte. It'd if been different if he bodied him up. No, he killed him on a rte.  Norman can't cover Witten. He has no biz being on the field at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even want to win next week. It will just give these coaches more time. Let's be clear no one from this coaching staff will be here next year. 

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I don't even want to win next week. It will just give these coaches more time. Let's be clear no one from this coaching staff will be here next year. 

 

Its a damn shame they make us do **** like this. Not like we have a choice, unless we just shove our heads up our asses and "Everything is awesome, go redskinz!" 

 

Those people scare me though. I figure thats the last stage of grief, when you just abandon all faculties and your mind is no longer your own. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I don't even want to win next week. It will just give these coaches more time. Let's be clear no one from this coaching staff will be here next year. 

 

I'm with you. I want this to get as embarrassing and hopeless as possible this season. Let's get this house cleaned. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

I'm with you. I want this to get as embarrassing and hopeless as possible this season. Let's get this house cleaned. 

 

The problem and it's a big problem. Now you hire a new coach and Haskins has to learn a new system. Also Haskins won't be that coaches guy. Not saying he won't like Haskins, but he's not the one that drafted him. That is why this team should've cleaned house last year. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Its a damn shame they make us do **** like this. Not like we have a choice, unless we just shove our heads up our asses and "Everything is awesome, go redskinz!" 

 

Those people scare me though. I figure thats the last stage of grief, when you just abandon all faculties and your mind is no longer your own. 

 

you have absolutely no faith in the people who hire the coaches.  To you changing coaches should be the equivalent of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. 

 

All a new coach is, is a new person to complain about and turn on eventually

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

The problem and it's a big problem. Now you hire a new coach and Haskins has to learn a new system. Also Haskins won't be that coaches guy. Not saying he won't like Haskins, but he's not the one that drafted him. That is why this team should've cleaned house last year. 

 

I think we are most likely to promote our OC if we fire Gruden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

The problem and it's a big problem. Now you hire a new coach and Haskins has to learn a new system. Also Haskins won't be that coaches guy. Not saying he won't like Haskins, but he's not the one that drafted him. That is why this team should've cleaned house last year. 

Fire Gruden. Fire Manusky.

 

Promote K. Oconnell to HC. Promote Ryan to DC. Let’s get the Oconnell audition out of the way.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

The problem and it's a big problem. Now you hire a new coach and Haskins has to learn a new system. Also Haskins won't be that coaches guy. Not saying he won't like Haskins, but he's not the one that drafted him. That is why this team should've cleaned house last year. 

 

If you don't give a HC final say in personnel, because you have a GM doing that and the HC hiring, it won't matter. You get an offensive mind who wants to work with Haskins (and he's the kind of guy that people will want to work with imo), and Haskins IS his guy. 

 

1 minute ago, carex said:

 

you have absolutely no faith in the people who hire the coaches.  To you changing coaches should be the equivalent of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. 

 

All a new coach is, is a new person to complain about and turn on eventually

 

 

Everyone here wants those people fired as well. We want a real GM who hires his own coach and puts together the roster. 

 

You know that, stop playing dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anselmheifer said:

 

I think we are most likely to promote our OC if we fire Gruden. 

 

do we have a lot of people claiming we have great play design we just do it at the wrong time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would want to coach in this organization. The player talent is solid thanks to Kyle Smith running the last three drafts. Ideally Smith would be promoted to GM and O’Connell given strong consideration for head coach. Would be a loss if they both got lost in the shuffle. What I saw today was way too many sloppy penalties, only playing about a half of football, and opposing fans eliminating the home field advantage is just a symptom of a generally overall poorly run organization. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

If you don't give a HC final say in personnel, because you have a GM doing that and the HC hiring, it won't matter. You get an offensive mind who wants to work with Haskins (and he's the kind of guy that people will want to work with imo), and Haskins IS his guy. 

 

 

Everyone here wants those people fired as well. We want a real GM who hires his own coach and puts together the roster. 

 

You know that, stop playing dumb. 

 

the owner is the one who chooses the GM and sometimes even picks the coach on his own.  You have no faith in him either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carex said:

 

the owner is the one who chooses the GM and sometimes even picks the coach on his own.  You have no faith in him either

 

The main hope is that there's already a GM candidate in-house that he likes. That's why many hope Kyle Smith is the guy. Obviously another yes-man would not be what the doctor ordered. 

 

Why do you pretend you don't understand what people post around here all the time. Is this your therapy after a game like that? If so, I understand. We all need to stay sane. And doing so as someone who wants to be positive is nearly impossible. 

 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, posse87 said:

Who would want to coach in this organization. The player talent is solid thanks to Kyle Smith running the last three drafts. Ideally Smith would be promoted to GM and O’Connell given strong consideration for head coach. Would be a loss if they both got lost in the shuffle. What I saw today was way too many sloppy penalties, only playing about a half of football, and opposing fans eliminating the home field advantage is just a symptom of a generally overall poorly run organization. 

 

O'Connell hasn't even done anything that would give him "strong consideration" to be the OC of a well-run organization. Maybe he has the goods and Gruden saw it in him, maybe he doesn't. But there's no reason he should be in play for anything other than Interim-HC after firing Gruden midseason. Then we'd see what he's got. But so far, losing him would not be some sort of McVay repeat as far as we can tell. 

 

Haskins will be the draw for any HC candidate. He and the GM if it's a legit guy like Kyle Smith.

 

That's what we have to hang our hat on and the way we should approach it. 

 

 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

The main hope is that there's already a GM candidate in-house that he likes. That's why many hope Kyle Smith is the guy. Obviously another yes-man would not be what the doctor ordered. 

 

Why do you pretend you don't understand what people post around here all the time. Is this your therapy after a game like that? If so, I understand. We all need to stay sane. And doing so as someone who wants to be positive is nearly impossible. 

 

 

I know exactly what you're doing and I'm not pretending otherwise.  You're hoping the next guy will be the one to lead the team to the promised land.  Except all you people doing that are the same ones constantly saying this team can't do anything right and the talking out of both sides of your mouth is driving me nuts.  Based on your own opinion of this franchise you have no good reason to hope that and I am reminding you of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, carex said:

 

do we have a lot of people claiming we have great play design we just do it at the wrong time?

 

I think SIP posts about that pretty frequently, at least with the passing scheme. And it's pretty apparent that guys are running open a decent amount of time. It's the timing and type of run calls that is killing us on that front I think, given our young WR corps the passing game is not garbage. Keenum is making some poor decisions and having trouble with his accuracy, which isn't helping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

The problem and it's a big problem. Now you hire a new coach and Haskins has to learn a new system. Also Haskins won't be that coaches guy. Not saying he won't like Haskins, but he's not the one that drafted him. That is why this team should've cleaned house last year. 

McVay inherited Goff.  Goff couldn’t play, they said.  Bust of a pick they said.  McVay will sign Kirk they said. 

 

Hows that working out?

 

If you get the right coach and the player develops, it’s not a problem.  It’s an opportunity 

 

13 minutes ago, carex said:

 

you have absolutely no faith in the people who hire the coaches.  To you changing coaches should be the equivalent of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. 

 

All a new coach is, is a new person to complain about and turn on eventually

 

 

Unless you have a Delorian time machine, you don’t actually know that.  Even the Bidwels, who are horrific owners, managed to hire a coach and make a SB.  

 

I don’t have faith in the people making decisions.  But what they have isn’t working so it’s time to try something else. 

 

9 minutes ago, carex said:

 

do we have a lot of people claiming we have great play design we just do it at the wrong time?

Well, yes.  The consistent running on first down is like the inability to break up with that girlfriend who treats you like crap but gives you nookie every 6 months so you stick around.

 

If they just reversed the first and second down play calls, the offense probably improves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carex said:

 

I know exactly what you're doing and I'm not pretending otherwise.  You're hoping the next guy will be the one to lead the team to the promised land.  Except all you people doing that are the same ones constantly saying this team can't do anything right and the talking out of both sides of your mouth is driving me nuts.  Based on your own opinion of this franchise you have no good reason to hope that and I am reminding you of that.

 

You just don't understand what people want, I guess I was incorrect to accuse you of that. Nobody is talking out both sides of their mouth, and you aren't doing some noble service around here thinking that you're the one that's going to get people to realize. You just come across like a guy who thinks you have some elevated POV on the whole thing. You don't. 

 

We can think Dan is a ****ing moron and still think he's capable of accidentally lucking into a good GM if he has a reason to trust that guy. Kyle Smith is already in the building and respected around the league, which people hope is enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, yes.  The consistent running on first down is like the inability to break up with that girlfriend who treats you like crap but gives you nookie every 6 months so you stick around.

 

If they just reversed the first and second down play calls, the offense probably improves.

 

2nd and ten isn't a running down so with the chance of an incomplete pass you're making it a lot harder to guarantee a running play in your drive which makes it a lot harder to build up the run

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

You just don't understand what people want, I guess I was incorrect to accuse you of that. Nobody is talking out both sides of their mouth, and you aren't doing some noble service around here thinking that you're the one that's going to get people to realize. You just come across like a guy who thinks you have some elevated POV on the whole thing. You don't. 

 

We can think Dan is a ****ing moron and still think he's capable of accidentally lucking into a good GM if he has a reason to trust that guy. Kyle Smith is already in the building and respected around the league, which people hope is enough. 

 

seems a lot more likely to me that the coaches can luck into some wins considering most of these guys have been part of winning organizations and the Skins have been within a win or two of the playoffs under them than hoping the guy who. according to you has never done anything right, will luck into the key to a successful organization

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was he hired?

 

Why wasn't he fired at the end of last season?

 

We can go round and round here, so buckle up as he will likely survive the season.

 

It will be a shame if after Jay is gone we learn he had no say in who his DC was.

 

I miss Ron Lynn.

 

Let that one sink in.

Edited by RandyHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, carex said:

 

2nd and ten isn't a running down so with the chance of an incomplete pass you're making it a lot harder to guarantee a running play in your drive which makes it a lot harder to build up the run

 

This is EXACTLY how Jay thinks about it, despite all the numbers going against it. "Well if we get an incomplete pass on 1st down, that sets us back and you almost HAVE to run on 2nd down because you know you'll probably need to pass on 3rd down". So he either doesn't pass on 1st down to avoid that situation, OR if he does and it's incomplete, he feels like he HAS to run on 2nd down or go an entire set of downs without a single running play. 

 

The two WORST spots to run the ball in the NFL today: on 1st down, and on 2nd and long after an incomplete pass. 

 

Those are the two spots where Gruden calls runs the most. He plays right into that terrible tendency. All because he doesn't want to be accused of abandoning the run. 

 

In fact he calls entire games around the fear of this situation developing because he doesn't understand the statistics...he's actually so afraid of playing into the narrative that he abandons the run that he sabotages himself and runs in predictable spots, which sets us back and leads us into a game situation where we need to pass to catch up later...abandoning the run anyways. 

 

It's like the dumbest self-fulfilling prophecy ever and he just doesn't understand it at all. 

 

Edit: actually, I think this is an interesting and important discussion so I'm going to move it into a thread where it makes sense. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TK said:

Next up...

TK, please tell me this is a joke?  Everyone who follows NFL football knows how successful Rob has been.  Horton would be a better choice.  Please tell me Rob is not the guy.  Manusky has to be getting the ax soon one would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

O'Connell hasn't even done anything that would give him "strong consideration" to be the OC of a well-run organization. Maybe he has the goods and Gruden saw it in him, maybe he doesn't. But there's no reason he should be in play for anything other than Interim-HC after firing Gruden midseason. Then we'd see what he's got. But so far, losing him would not be some sort of McVay repeat as far as we can tell. 

 

Haskins will be the draw for any HC candidate. He and the GM if it's a legit guy like Kyle Smith.

 

That's what we have to hang our hat on and the way we should approach it. 

 

 

Fair enough. But we have a history of letting young talented coaches get away (McKay, Kyle Shanahan, Matt lefleur) and O’Connell has garnered attention around the league as a rising star. I don’t know if getting rid of Gruden mid season is wise. O’Connell can be evaluated in the interview process if they choose to interview him; which I believe they should. They know way more about his coaching talent than any of us. I think they will get snubbed by a lot of the higher end coaching candidates for all the innumerable dysfunctional reasons beaten to death on this forum. Snyder won’t fire himself and Bruce seems to survive despite hisself.

Edited by posse87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.