Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Manusky Why Isn't He Fired Yet?

desertbeagle85

Pretty embarrassing when the Pukes score on 5 consecutive drives.

He is not a coach that the defense believes in,  he doesn't know how to motivate players or blitz.

I think its time for the infamous SIC Stamp of Approval on firing Manusky.  I am done watching a defense who starts out playing good hustling defense, then literally running off a cliff in the 2nd half.  That is a sure sign of a coach who has no ability to adjust, whether it be in-game or between halves.  Seeing motormouth Josh Norman giving a 12 yard cushion AND running away at the snap of the ball, giving up an easy good chunk of yardage when they were at 1st & 20. I'm done with Norman as well. Dude talks a lot of trash but his body can't cash the checks his mouth is writing.

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

He was exposed??? Oh no. 

Anyway, you act like Wade wanted to coach here in the first place.. He wanted to go where talent was..

He interviewed with the Redskins and Jay Gruden.  Jay went with someone else.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't forget Tomsula.

Hmmm Nope.

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Pretty embarrassing when the Pukes score on 5 consecutive drives.

He is not a coach that the defense believes in,  he doesn't know how to motivate players or blitz.

At the same time, I'd play a little bit of the Devil's advocate on here, but what do you think you'll be able to get from a guy that at the end of last offseason you spend time trying to replace, interviewing big name coaches like Gregg Williams or Todd Bowles while the guy was still under contract?

OK our D doesn't look good at all that's for sure. But I'm not gonna blame him for not being able to motivate anyone. Our FO played it badly last offseason by not firing him while trying to replace him.

Everyone in Redskins Park, including players knows that he's not wanted around and that he has no credibility anymore.

The best thing that can happen to Manusky now is to be fired, because he's probably tired of all of this.

I'd bet that Jay Gruden also can't wait for the season to be over and get the hell out of here too.

7 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How in the hell does this guy have a job. There is way to many high draft picks and money spent on the defense for the product we're seeing. This is sad to watch and I'm sick of it. 

Fire his ass before the 4th quarter starts. Please 

For the same reason Haslett was retained season after season, and Jay Barry hired: A. Jay Gruden is a horrible coach, B. Jay Gruden is a really bad judge of people, C. Jay Gruden is a bad leader, and so he cares much more about his pride than results.

Even if Jay Gruden was a good offensive mind, which he isnt, a head coach still fail because of who they chose to surround themself with, and Jay chooses to surround himself with nincompoops.

44 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

They just want to continue the Bruce Allen trend of hiring the worst defensive coordinators ever.  Believe it or not this one is better than the previous 2.  I think Bruce's dead father would do a far better job.

No he isn't, the defense is way more talented now then it was and we're a bottom 5 defense. 

I think Ryan makes the most sense for an in-house promotion to DC or Interim DC, for in-season.

Due to the smoother transition at replacing  position coaches.

Don't feel comfortable with replacing a DL coach or a DB coach mid-season.

Bur if Ryan gets the gig, Chad Grimm may be able to handle the ILB's at least through the end of the season.

I would love for to go flat out fire sale at this point.Gruden and Manusky both flat out suck.Trent, Sherff, Moses,Norman, Reed and Kerrigan trade them all.If you like O'Connell give him the Keys.Manusky refuses to be aggressive and this team needs a defense that can actually help the offense.I rather get tourched hitting the QB than get tourch letting him sit  in the pocket all day.DJ and Mason got to be loving this defense we need heads to role now.Dan you have been quite to long get your head out of you know what and start canning people.Particularly dumb, dumber and dumbest aka Gruden,Allen and Manusky.Fans will pack the stadium out of apprecaition the moment you do this.

RYAN ... couldn't be worse and already knows how to get to the office ...

straight up ... I'm not as confident I understand defensive schemes as I am about offense ... so please ... somebody tell my why 10 yard cushions on receivers when there's no reason to beleive the QB is going to  be hurried?  ... and when at least one of the CBs is paid like a Pro Bowl player with the attitude to go with it?

Not sure how much long Manusky can justify this soft zone scheme when there is no pass rush.  I am not anti-zone defense, but you can't do it without a pass rush, it simply won't work, as a lack of pass rush destroys the entire mechanics of how a zone defense is supposed to work.

In defense of Manusky, he stressed when he got here that you can never have enough quality corners... and we’re hurting there big time.  Traded away Fuller, let Breeland walk, and now we have 2 guys out with injury (well, 3 if you count Stroman).  I still can’t believe DRC made the team as I’m pretty certain his speed isn’t there and I have to assume he doesn’t play teams.  

With that said, I completely disagree with how Manusky is trying to protect the secondary by dropping 7 or 8 - you have to get to the quarterback, and this line hasn’t been getting it done.  Just not seeing the adjustments that need to be made... even if they don’t wind up working.  

44 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

He was exposed??? Oh no. 

Anyway, you act like Wade wanted to coach here in the first place.. He wanted to go where talent was..

Wade definitely wanted to coach for the Skins. That bizarre, BS "interview" that Gruden gave him showed that Gruden really wasn't serious about considering him or hiring him. That hire should've been a no-brainer. 

we are already down to our fourth, fifth and seventh CBs at the moment .  And we did make a mistake with our DL in the offseason. apparently, considering we didn't even bring in a vet to challenge anyone or draft anyone.  With Settle having to play cause Allen is hurt and Brantley also hurt none of our backup DL are even at Ziggy Hood level

Archived