Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Manusky Why Isn't He Fired Yet?

desertbeagle85

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Part of me hopes Manusky saying we are going to bring 4 or 5 is gamesmanship and we're going to see a badass pressure package like we've never seen. Then I realize that I am not dreaming and I am actually awake.

This was my exact thought after hearing him say that, all the way to the dreaming part.  At this point, i think so little of his abilities as a DC, that I can't even fathom him to have a trick up his sleeve.

Tonight should be the last straw for Manusky.  If the defense gets abused tonight then they should just fire him. He isn't a good dc, period. He's had enough time to prove who he is and he stinks, especially on 3rd down. To me he coaches like he's scarred to make a mistake. He should come off the bus blitzing this sorry ass QB we're facing tonight. Instead he'll have the DB's playing 15 yards off the wr's. 

12 hours ago, Alexa said:

Tonight should be the last straw for Manusky.  If the defense gets abused tonight then they should just fire him. He isn't a good dc, period. He's had enough time to prove who he is and he stinks, especially on 3rd down. To me he coaches like he's scarred to make a mistake. He should come off the bus blitzing this sorry ass QB we're facing tonight. Instead he'll have the DB's playing 15 yards off the wr's. 

Jay will come up with some excuse. 

12 hours ago, Alexa said:

Tonight should also be the last straw for Jay, Bruce, Greg, etc...

Since we are going to suck, let's suck without Jay.  

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I would be perfectly fine with Callahan as Interim and Ryan at DC right now going forward.

There was some dude on here a few years ago saying Matt Cavanaugh was being groomed to be the HC who takes us to the Super Bowl. IT'S CAVANAUGH TIME

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

There was some dude on here a few years ago saying Matt Cavanaugh was being groomed to be the HC who takes us to the Super Bowl. IT'S CAVANAUGH TIME

Lol just because McVay, LeFleur and K Shannahan are a combined 9-0 right now, doesn’t mean the young guy we have on staff is an up and coming stud coach. That will probably be our next route though. 

Callahan isn't the one sending CT in on 1st and goal to run into the backside of his OL or right into the teeth of the Bears defensive front. Callahan knows how to utilize personnel., and he knows how to actually coach. The current HC does not; he's just a play designer.  Maybe he should work for EA Sports.

He's been given chicken **** to work with, basically, and has made it edible enough that people don't mind eating it. You put him in charge of the team, even if it's just to finish the season, you'll see a marked difference in attitude and approach.  He knows how to coach, has a strong track record of developing players, and is the only person on the coaching staff other than Tomsula that prospective HCs have on their tentative staff lists for "just in case" interviews. What I don't get is the enthusiasm for O'Connell; it's recycled talking points that the FO has dished out to friendly radio jockeys and others who don't mind peddling what they're selling. I wouldn't hire Callahan as my HC, but I'd fire Gruden and make him interim because no one else on that staff could be trusted with the responsibilities.

Archived