Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Wow, that's really egregious.  Has Giroux always been like this when he was on the Flyers?  I've noticed a bunch of this type of play from him since he's moved on.

Yeah, it was a bad one. In hockey I find myself more forgiving of refs compared to Football/Baseball/Basketball. Maybe because Hockey players know flopping as much a hoops makes you look like a punk. Things happen so fast and guys are all over the place. But this was a really bad miss. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Yeah, it was a bad one. In hockey I find myself more forgiving of refs compared to Football/Baseball/Basketball. Maybe because Hockey players know flopping as much a hoops makes you look like a punk. Things happen so fast and guys are all over the place. But this was a really bad miss. 

Yeah, bad misses happen.  In my own previous game, I got hooked and then dumped while carrying the puck from behind the net in the offensive zone and the ref completely missed it.  Ref came up to me on the bench and apologized, and explained that his focus was on the goal-crease where there was a little back-and-forth battling for position.  On being more forgiving of refs, I'll always be more forgiving of refs that talk to you and explain their calls and non-calls when there's grumbling, and own up to mistakes when they make one.  So much more pleasant to deal with than the 'respect my authority' jackholes I have to deal with in another league...

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Ovechkin is incredible. Of all the **** we have to go through from Washington teams, we are lucky AF to witness everything he's done in Hockey. Not many all-time greats in DC. 

I enjoy everything I see.  He's truly someone we can look to for his ultimate effort, every game. 

And btw, I don't think he really cares about the record.  He wants to win. 

That Cup meant everything to him. 

• Thumb up 1