Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Caps signed C Dylan Strome.  $3.5 mil 1 season.  Will be RFA at the end of the contract.  Should slot into Backstrom's spot as 2C.  Don't expect the kind of guy that drives a line, but he doesn't look out of place when playing with talent on the wings.  Recently put a lot of work into his faceoffs and went from a 47% guy to a 52-53% guy.  If he keeps that up, that should be a real boon given our faceoff struggles ever since Beagle left.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

what’s an asylum application?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum

On second thought I guess in alot of cases it would be unnecessary, because its not like the US is going to deport anyone who has a valid visa to be here, which if they are on the team, the obviously must have, they would tell Russia to pound sand... but there might be a few edge cases where guys don't make the team or even the minors .... 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum

On second thought I guess in alot of cases it would be unnecessary, because its not like the US is going to deport anyone who has a valid visa to be here, which if they are on the team, the obviously must have, they would tell Russia to pound sand... but there might be a few edge cases where guys don't make the team or even the minors .... 

I believe the Flyers had a prospect get grabbed by Russia for military service a few months ago.

• Like 1

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2022-23 Washington Capitals Thread
21 hours ago, Captain James said:

So, how we lookin for this upcoming season? What's the prognosis? I don't follow NHL offseason very well.

I really like the team on paper.  Goaltending was our biggest problem last season.  Kuemper is a HUGE step forward there.  I also think the off-season additions along with the development of youth fills out our roster very nicely.  We'll have to see how much injuries plague our aging core, and whether Backstrom can get back into form after hip surgery.  I have more hope for his return than others from that surgery if only because his game has largely been predicated on his supreme awareness and hockey IQ more-so than his skating.

• Like 2