Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022-23 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Caps signed C Dylan Strome.  $3.5 mil 1 season.  Will be RFA at the end of the contract.  Should slot into Backstrom's spot as 2C.  Don't expect the kind of guy that drives a line, but he doesn't look out of place when playing with talent on the wings.  Recently put a lot of work into his faceoffs and went from a 47% guy to a 52-53% guy.  If he keeps that up, that should be a real boon given our faceoff struggles ever since Beagle left.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

what’s an asylum application?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum

On second thought I guess in alot of cases it would be unnecessary, because its not like the US is going to deport anyone who has a valid visa to be here, which if they are on the team, the obviously must have, they would tell Russia to pound sand... but there might be a few edge cases where guys don't make the team or even the minors .... 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum

On second thought I guess in alot of cases it would be unnecessary, because its not like the US is going to deport anyone who has a valid visa to be here, which if they are on the team, the obviously must have, they would tell Russia to pound sand... but there might be a few edge cases where guys don't make the team or even the minors .... 

I believe the Flyers had a prospect get grabbed by Russia for military service a few months ago.

• Like 1

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2022-23 Washington Capitals Thread