Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Just now, Redskins Diehard said:

Next 3 years is all about being decent and Ovi hunting down Gretzky.  

I think they have a team that can compete still. They outplayed the top seed for most of the series. If they somehow found a top tier goalie, this would be a tough team to beat

2 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Next 3 years is all about being decent and Ovi hunting down Gretzky.  

This might be my heart talking, but I'd be fine with a rebuild that spares Ovi over mortgaging the future for one last title run.  It jus feels over now and I don't have the balls to trade him.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This might be my heart talking, but I'd be fine with a rebuild that spares Ovi over mortgaging the future for one last title run.  It jus feels over now and I don't have the balls to trade him.

Trading Ovi would be about the most colossally stupid thing to do.  There is no trade that is greater than having the greatest scorer of all time finish his career in DC. 

They'll stay competitive. About like they were this year. No rebuild. No title run. Pretty much status quo.

• Like 1

Caps needed to begin a rebuild 2 years ago, but were so bull headed wanting to just be a big, physical (see slow) team that and just hit a lot. This team needs speed. The Mantha trade absolutely sucked. Carlson should've been gone as well. They'd be in a far better place now if they make hockey decisions and not emotional decisions. But that's Ted for you. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Sure, get a goalie..., you know WE need to score goals too, right?

When we were up 3-0 the other day I thought we would win with no problem. Didn't think our goalie would give up 5 in a row. So yeah we need an upgrade in that position. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zCommander said:

When we were up 3-0 the other day I thought we would win with no problem. Didn't think our goalie would give up 5 in a row. So yeah we need an upgrade in that position. 

It's never just the goalies fault, but they need to upgrade for sure. 

Was at the game last night and it was nuts.  When we got the equalizer 6 on 5 that place was just so damn loud and excited.

Then we go into OT and lay a dud and it just ended so abruptly.

I really hate the swing from highs to lows in hockey.  There really isn't anything like that in other sports just because it happens so damn fast and it is over

I don't know what would have been worse - watching the loss from my basement or in the arena.  At least in the arena I get to do the walk of shame with thousands of other people.  At home I'd just be miserable myself with nowhere to go lol.