Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021-22 Washington Capitals Thread


ixcuincle
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

What channel is the game on tonight?  I can't find it on FIOS anywhere.

stupid espn+ exclusive

 

Forced to listen to Walton (nothing against him but don't usually listen to radio) because of this stupid espn+ blackout. Seriously it's the worst. Nobody is going to pay 9 dollars a month just to watch one game

Especially if they ALREADY LIVE IN MARKET

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ixcuincle said:

stupid espn+ exclusive

 

Forced to listen to Walton (nothing against him but don't usually listen to radio) because of this stupid espn+ blackout. Seriously it's the worst. Nobody is going to pay 9 dollars a month just to watch one game

Especially if they ALREADY LIVE IN MARKET

PM me if you want a bootleg stream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Man this team is in trouble.

 

I wouldn't go that far.  They lost a close game on the road to a hot team, while missing three of their top d-men.  They haven't played well for the past month, yet they're still only a few points out of first place - which is a testament to how much they dominated the first 2 months of the season.  Honestly, despite the skid, this team looks better now than they did in Jan/Feb 2018, they're just not getting the breaks.  PP sucks, though.

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

stupid espn+ exclusive

 

Forced to listen to Walton (nothing against him but don't usually listen to radio) because of this stupid espn+ blackout. Seriously it's the worst. Nobody is going to pay 9 dollars a month just to watch one game

Especially if they ALREADY LIVE IN MARKET

 

Completely agree.  And as a hockey fan, I would never pay a dollar for ESPN on principle alone.  That network has never taken this sport seriously, even when they had the primary TV rights.  If it's not men's college basketball, football, or NBA (with never-ending butt sniffing for Lebron), they don't give a crap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

stupid espn+ exclusive

 

Forced to listen to Walton (nothing against him but don't usually listen to radio) because of this stupid espn+ blackout. Seriously it's the worst. Nobody is going to pay 9 dollars a month just to watch one game

Especially if they ALREADY LIVE IN MARKET

stupid to have it blacked out if you're in market, but man.. espn+ has been a godsend this year for people out of market. you get espn+ (plus hulu and disney+) for free if you have verizon wireless, so basically get to see every hockey game for free this year. past years id have to pay $150 just to watch caps games.

 

only frustrating downside is the damn nhl network games. nobody has nhl network anymore, and for some reason espn+ doesnt cover those games. i think maybe directv has nhl network still, but all the cool kids have already cut the cord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

Man this team is in trouble.


Yeah, we’re an old, slow, capped-out sideshow for Ovie’s chase…and that’s fine, I guess.

 

But we’re about as much a threat to cook up a Cup run as the Buffalo Sabres.

 

At least we’re not boring!

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

I wouldn't go that far. 

Have you been watching the games or just looking at scores? 

 

(serious question, not trying to be a dick)

 

Their power play is super concerning.  It is a joke right now.  They have 1 extra person and can't even get the puck into the zone consistently.  They mentioned yesterday that they had 3 power plays in a row without a shot on net.  Then on the flipside, the other teams get their power play setup with so much ease and put the pressure on the entire 2 minutes.  Yesterday the Bruins scored on at least 2 of them.

 

We were lucky the game wasn't another blowout like the last Bruins game too.  They had multiple break aways that were stopped and some other missed opportunities.  I texted my buddy at one point saying we were lucky to not be down 6-1.  And let's not act like Lars Eller's goal was an incredible goal.  He got lucky as **** on that goal.  If the goalie doesn't touch it, it flies over the net.  It was a fluke goal, but yes I know that is part of hockey and how the puck luck goes.  

 

This team just isn't going anywhere in the playoffs unless they figure something out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mammajamma said:

only frustrating downside is the damn nhl network games. nobody has nhl network anymore, and for some reason espn+ doesnt cover those games. i think maybe directv has nhl network still, but all the cool kids have already cut the cord

Fios has NHL Network still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Have you been watching the games or just looking at scores? 

 

(serious question, not trying to be a dick)

 

Their power play is super concerning.  It is a joke right now.  They have 1 extra person and can't even get the puck into the zone consistently.  They mentioned yesterday that they had 3 power plays in a row without a shot on net.  Then on the flipside, the other teams get their power play setup with so much ease and put the pressure on the entire 2 minutes.  Yesterday the Bruins scored on at least 2 of them.

 

 

Yes, I'm a STH so I go to most home games, and I watch all the road games.  I'm not happy with how they're playing now, but I'm not hitting the panic button for a team that's 3 points out of first place.  I agree with you about the PP (said so in my initial post).  The optimist in me says they've got the talent and firepower to fix it, although I've been saying that for 3 months.  The goalie situation is also a problem.  Again - like the PP I don't think it's a lack of talent, but at what point do you stop assuming it'll correct itself?  And the lack of depth scoring is disappointing (as it has been for awhile).  At the same time, there's no denying the skill level of this club, we've shown for long stretches of this season that we can beat anyone, I love how some of the young guys are getting a chance to play, we've been missing 3 top-6 forwards (Backstrom, Oshie, and Mantha) for a most of the season, and now we're down a few of our top defensemen.   

I'm staying optimistic, although I don't blame others who aren't.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

This team just isn't going anywhere in the playoffs unless they figure something out.

 

Don't blame you for thinking that, but everyone was also saying that this time 4 years ago.  I know it was a different team and a different time, but we still have the skill level of that club IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OT winner by Backstrom has to be the sweetest goal from a Cap I’ve seen this year… steals the puck … some fancy stixk handling throws off the goalie … then forehand to backhand … at a sharp angle and perfectly roofs the puck 

  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

OT winner by Backstrom has to be the sweetest goal from a Cap I’ve seen this year… steals the puck … some fancy stixk handling throws off the goalie … then forehand to backhand … at a sharp angle and perfectly roofs the puck 

I've had both games going, now I just need the Niners to win!

  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...