Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

18 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Well, the locker room is not big enough to house an entire team and coaching staff and be socially distant. And face masks are not required in the locker room. 

They are spread out into the players lounge portion of the lockerroom and yes, they wear masks in the locker room.

My *guess* is there may have been an additional person, not a member of the team, in that hotel room with them. Otherwise not sure how it gets out. 

If they’re seriously required to miss a week or two? of the already shortened season just for hanging out with the same group of people they already are around every day, it’s an incredibly stupid rule. No logical reason for it. 

14 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

My *guess* is there may have been an additional person, not a member of the team, in that hotel room with them. Otherwise not sure how it gets out. 

If they’re seriously required to miss a week or two? of the already shortened season just for hanging out with the same group of people they already are around every day, it’s an incredibly stupid rule. No logical reason for it. 

Or one of them had it before the road trip but didn't know.

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Nothing more than players being in one room. Caps were warned after the first game. League decided to make an example of them. What else is new. NFL crippled the Skins the day before free agency...

That's not true either. 

If I’m one of these guys I’m sitting the year out. If there isn’t more to this story it may be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. You are going to tell me I can play a 3 hour game with these guys with no mask but can’t be together with them in a hotel room. I’m not spending six months of my life in solitary confinement away from my family and teammates. Screw that. 

4 minutes ago, daveakl said:

That its nothing more then players in 1 room and the league decided to make an example of the Caps.

The team league, team, and player statement are all in agreement that it was players gathering in hotel rooms. NHL policy states that only 1 player is permitted in there room. No visitors.  “In their hotel room and outside of team approved areas.”  

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

The team league, team, and player statement are all in agreement that it was players gathering in hotel rooms. NHL policy states that only 1 player is permitted in there room. No visitors.  “In their hotel room and outside of team approved areas.”  

Right. The post i said thats not true to was insinuating that it wasn't a big deal, noone was probably covid positive, and the league was making an example out of them.

I was simply saying that is not true.  

Edited by daveakl

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

They broke a rule... and it's important or it wouldn't be a rule. 

It’s a stupid rule when you permit said players to participate in games and celebrate without masks. Especially on the road when you literally lock them in the hotel and test them every day. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait.....so only two players at a time in eachothers hotel rooms (the person staying there, and one visitor), but they can all be together on the bench and in the locker room? 

No, zero visitors. Each player has their own room. No other person is permitted to be in the room with them at all. 

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

It’s a stupid rule when you permit said players to participate in games and celebrate without masks. Especially on the road when you literally lock them in the hotel and test them every day. 

It's a no win situation. They are at home with family before going on the road. Super easy for 1 player to get it and then pass it to the team if they gather in a hotel room playing cards for hours.  Also super easy for a player to pass it to his linemate who sits beside him on the bench for 40 minutes, half of those minutes while breathing super heavy post shift.

1 minute ago, daveakl said:

It's a no win situation. They are at home with family before going on the road. Super easy for 1 player to get it and then pass it to the team if they gather in a hotel room playing cards for hours.  Also super easy for a player to pass it to his linemate who sits beside him on the bench for 40 minutes, half of those minutes while breathing super heavy post shift.

Of those 2 scenarios, heavy exertion spreads it more. The Canes and Stars haven’t been fined for violating protocol. They have outbreaks. The team that has no outbreak has been hit with the biggest fine in league history for violating protocol. Teams costing other teams games = no fine. Team that just finished 4 games in 6 nights = fine. There is no logic...

3 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Canes and Stars had spread during games. Caps had potential spread during non game leisure time.

Caps don’t have potential spread. The Caps are “high risk close contacts” and placed on the COVID reserve. There is no positive test. In order to have potential spread there has to be a positive case. 

EDIT: The Stars didn’t have spread during a game. They haven’t played yet. 

Edited by Popeman38