Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Mike Babpenis can. Laviolette might be able to. Gallant hasn’t shown that he can yet.

The argument against this is that Gallant took a bunch of established players, with zero initial chemistry with each other, and brought them to the stanley cup finals in the first year... I'd say he has shown more than those other 2 when it comes to matching up with our current team's needs

Edited by mammajamma

Just now, mammajamma said:

The calls for boudreau are baffling to me. We just fired someone for not doing well in the playoffs, so why would we hire someone who literally did the same exact thing with the same team in the past?

Who is still around from the Boudreau era?  Ovechkin, Backstrom and Carlson?  Anyone else?

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Who is still around from the Boudreau era?  Ovechkin, Backstrom and Carlson?  Anyone else?

Ya, not the same exact team obviously. Same leaders... Just saying he already proved (with our team and others) that he's not a good playoff coach, so why would we hire him when he just fired Todd for literally the same thing

Edited by mammajamma

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Ya, not the same exact team obviously. Same leaders... Just saying he already proved (with our team and others) that he's not a good playoff coach, so why would we hire him when he just fired Todd for literally the same thing

Wasn't he one game away from reaching the Stanley Cup Finals in Anaheim?  I believe that makes him a more successful playoff coach than Trotz was before his final year with the Capitals.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Wasn't he one game away from reaching the Stanley Cup Finals in Anaheim?  I believe that makes him a more successful playoff coach than Trotz was before his final year with the Capitals.

Ya I guess it depends on how you look at it. He made the playoffs 9 times in his coaching career, with some very talented teams, and only made it past the 2nd round ONCE... I wouldn't call that a successful playoff coach personally.. At least Trotz won the whole thing in the one season he broke through

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

The calls for boudreau are baffling to me. We just fired someone for not doing well in the playoffs, so why would we hire someone who literally did the same exact thing with the same team in the past?

Im not calling for Boudreau. I’m just saying that I’d be more accepting of him than say, Layne Lambert or some college coach.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Man...Isles just kickin ass. ☹

Beautiful. I can't hate the Isles. They deserved to beat us with the effort they put in, and they've been a joke of a franchise for a big chunk of the past 30 years - not much of a threat to us or anyone else really except themselves with some of the dumbest personnel move I've ever seen. The Flyers, on the other hand, are complete a-holes, and their fans are even worse.  It's been over 40 years since they've won the Cup, and I'll root for anyone who can help keep that streak going.

Edited by capcrunch98
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

Beautiful. I can't hate the Isles. They deserved to beat us with the effort they put in, and they've been a joke of a franchise for a big chunk of the past 30 years - not much of a threat to us or anyone else really except themselves with some of the dumbest personnel move I've ever seen. The Flyers, on the other hand, are complete a-holes, and their fans are even worse.  It's been over 40 years since they've won the Cup, and I'll root for anyone who can help keep that streak going.

I want the flyers to beat the Isles but then lose in the cup finals. Would be beautiful 

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:37 AM, China said:

Sorry, but with the Caps out, it being late August with no crowds at the games, it doesn't feel like playoff hockey.  Hard to get into it.  

it's good background noise

I'm over the Caps loss I just leave the game on in the background and watch to see how teams do. I have no rooting interest so any kind of anxiety is gone.

And at least it's better than the NBA right now. 😜

• Like 2