Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread (Ted ditches plan to move to VA, will stay in DC!)

ixcuincle

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Dude this team is FLYING around.  This is some fast paced hockey they are playing right now.  If this pace keeps up this will be a really fun season.

Fresh legs from a short playoff appearance and fewer party commitments. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeessss ruined their banner raising night!!! (Well....as much as one CAN be ruined...which i doubt is much at all) 

I would’ve been okay if the Caps lost in OT cause of Laila. They showed her at intermission and she is an impressive kid

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Holtby played well which is encouraging cause his regular seasons recently have sucked. He saved an awful defensive breakdown at the end of the game. 

This team could be really good. Long way to go.

Contract year so hopefully he plays like it all season.

18 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

It ruins it. Not so much for the fans, but definitely for the team. And that's what we really want to see anyway. 

I’m pretty sure they, the team, will never care that they lost this game. 

8 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Can someone give me their thoughts on Hathaway? I know nothing about the guy but he seems to be in every skirmish so far ha. Any good with Calgary?

I have a friend who likes the flames and he told me he’s not a heavy weight fighter but isn’t scared of a tilt and plays hard is entire shift. More of an agitator 

• Thanks 1

Solid game! I was like "Fine, I'll take a point and be happy" after we spotted them 2 goals.. But an OT winner from THE SNAKE was icing on the cake! We started a little rough but that 1st goal from the Blues was just pretty. . Not much you can do about a tape to tape saucer pass. Loved the team speed/hustle. Looking forward to more Hathaway and Gudas.. Take a little of the "tough guy" off of Wilson's shoulders for a change!! 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Solid game! I was like "Fine, I'll take a point and be happy" after we spotted them 2 goals.. But an OT winner from THE SNAKE was icing on the cake! We started a little rough but that 1st goal from the Blues was just pretty. . Not much you can do about a tape to tape saucer pass. Loved the team speed/hustle. Looking forward to more Hathaway and Gudas.. Take a little of the "tough guy" off of Wilson's shoulders for a change!! 

I think that's a good point. Tom was all over the puck the entire game, which was awesome.. so I wonder if that was partly due to them taking some of the "toughness" role off of his shoulders and letting him focus more on his offense. Probably making that up in my head, but definitely nice he has some help there now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

The only thing that bothered me about the first goal was that it should have been 1-0 Caps. The Blues left OV all alone in his office on the previous rush by the Caps. I think it was Wilson who went cross ice to Ovechkin who had nothing but clean ice in front of him at the top of the circle. He could one time, carry and shoot, or just drive to the net to beat the goalie. But the pass was bad and he had to settle it and gather and they got nothing. Eventually the Blues break out and set up that really nice goal to open the scoring. I think if Wilson gave a better pass, Ovechkin scores and St Louis doesn’t even have the chance to score that goal.

It’s the first game and I don’t expect every pass to be clean and crisp. But that was such a swing in the first minutes of the first game. I’m glad the Caps regrouped after that and subsequently after getting down 2-0. I love the resiliency they showed against a really good team.

• Like 1