Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The amount of records that things out of his control, will cheat Ovechkin out of pisses me off. If not for the lockouts, it would be a formality that he'd break Gretzky's record. Now he's going to need to get another couple of 40-50 goal seasons to have a shot.

Yep the lockout + essentially two COVID impacted seasons has screwed him. I don't think he'll get there now, which is sad. It'd have been awesome to have  D.C. athlete as the all time X in a certain stat. We had to watch two guys in two different sports break records against us(Barry Bonds HR record against the Nats, and Drew Brees TD record against the Skins).

Well I guess Russell Westbrook is gonna get the all time triple double record with us but he's only been here a year so its not the same. He's an OKC guy.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any rumors on DC opening up to allow more fans in?  All I'm seeing is they opened up 10%.  Any locals hearing any rumors regarding raising the cap?

20 or 25% I heard. Also heard that they’re thinking on having it all opened by summer. But that’s in passing watching the morning news.

Just now, Springfield said:

20 or 25% I heard. Also heard that they’re thinking on having it all opened by summer. But that’s in passing watching the morning news.

I am looking for a more immediate date hopefully.  Like maybe being able to go to a playoff game.  Wife has never seen hockey in person.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I am looking for a more immediate date hopefully.  Like maybe being able to go to a playoff game.  Wife has never seen hockey in person.

They announced June 11th is when capacity limits will be removed and it'll go to 100%

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any rumors on DC opening up to allow more fans in?  All I'm seeing is they opened up 10%.  Any locals hearing any rumors regarding raising the cap?

25 percent starting may 14th 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, if we win tonight, can we turn it in for a head-start W for the 1st round?😂😂

I'm just not a big fan of playing a last regular season game against the same upcoming playoffs opponent, But maybe this will be useful for the tape to review 

38 minutes ago, c slag said:

I'm just not a big fan of playing a last regular season game against the same upcoming playoffs opponent, But maybe this will be useful for the tape to review 

They're sitting 16 guys.  The tape is useless for us.

• Like 1