Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I get that they are saying this. I just don't see it working.

There is a lot of apprehension around it.  Let's say Ovi tests positive in the finals with the series tied 2-2 but he has shown zero symptoms.  Does that positive test get released?  Does he sit the rest of the finals?

The NBA plan to only test if you show symptoms isn't really any better but it removes that dynamic.

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Many plans can work if the players/coaches/trainers are very serious and diligent about their respective quarantine measures.

No plan will work if they aren’t.

Lets hope for the best.

That's going to be the key.  Also need to quarantine the staff that is cleaning the hotel rooms, providing the transportation to/from the rink, etc.  It CAN def happen but the logistics are for sure hard.  In positive news, this is hilarious. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, China said:

They would be wise to just let it go and declare last season over.

I was thinking this, but remember that the Caps have a very small window now to win another Cup -- basically, from now

until OV gets into his late 30s /40. They need as many shots at the thing as they can.  

On 6/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

The NHL would be wise to make all their “hub cities” Canadian.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, China said:

They would be wise to just let it go and declare last season over.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

**** no, i want to watch some caps playoff hockey!! 

(which isn’t to say that i wont understand if the league just cancels everything...obviously i will) 

Gonna be Edmonton and Toronto.

Lets do that Hockey!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, this isn’t exactly about the capitals, but it’s about hockey. 

some NHL reporter tweeted that players who opt out of summer training camp and playoffs can do so without penalty. Some idiot chimes in with “without penalty?! Right”.

So, when i tried to tell him what the league means by “without penalty” (meaning no fine, no suspension), he starts talking about how there’s no such thing as without penalty, and he said “you opt out of playing, and training camp comes for next season. You’re a fringe player competing for a roster spot against another guy that didn’t opt out.  Who gets the roster spot”. 

ok....but that’s not what “without penalty” means.....i don’t know how people can be that dense. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, this isn’t exactly about the capitals, but it’s about hockey. 

some NHL reporter tweeted that players who opt out of summer training camp and playoffs can do so without penalty. Some idiot chimes in with “without penalty?! Right”.

So, when i tried to tell him what the league means by “without penalty” (meaning no fine, no suspension), he starts talking about how there’s no such thing as without penalty, and he said “you opt out of playing, and training camp comes for next season. You’re a fringe player competing for a roster spot against another guy that didn’t opt out.  Who gets the roster spot”. 

ok....but that’s not what “without penalty” means.....i don’t know how people can be that dense. 

Some people can't ever be wrong no matter how wrong they are. 

• Like 2

I saw on twitter that the NHL is going to have the World Feed broadcasts do a 5 second delay on all games in the hub cities. I’m guessing it’s so that none of the curse words or other stuff that I’m sure gets said during a hockey game gets heard on tv.

im kinda mixed on this. I kinda get it, but at the same time, like....so the **** what? If people don’t wanna hear curse words, either mute your TV or lower the volume. 

On 7/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I saw on twitter that the NHL is going to have the World Feed broadcasts do a 5 second delay on all games in the hub cities. I’m guessing it’s so that none of the curse words or other stuff that I’m sure gets said during a hockey game gets heard on tv.

im kinda mixed on this. I kinda get it, but at the same time, like....so the **** what? If people don’t wanna hear curse words, either mute your TV or lower the volume. 

Ever heard of the FCC?

Ovi already comfortable from his office. Good sign

So far, the piped in crowd noise isn't as great as the MLB version. Seems super delayed and awkward at some points. Hockey is much faster paced obviously, so probably harder to do real-time, but probably will take some time to get it right

• Like 1