Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

On 3/12/2020 at 3:05 AM, max21 said:

Unfortunately if theirs a tie for the Rocket the player with the least amount of ENGs wins it’s so it would go to Pasta

That would be crap because Boston and Pasternak have played 70 games, while the Caps have played 69, with Ovechkin actually missing a game.   So he's played 2 less games than Pasta. Maybe they make an exception this year. 

2 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Guys, the NHL plays hockey through the first half of June.  To say that the season is cancelled is completely premature.

I doubt they would want to stretch it out much longer than that.   If it picks back up, early May would be an optimistic return date.  In that case, they probably abbreviate the rest of the regular season, perhaps playing only enough games to decide seeding and then go straight to the playoffs.  I cant imagine the NHL is going to want to extend the season into July just so they can play 82 games.

I can even see a situation where they entirely eliminate the quarterfinals and just go with 4 teams per conference.

• Like 1

So I just listened to an interview with Gary Bettmann and in it he mentioned the jazz played at Madison square garden the night before we played the rangers there. So realistically our players could have been exposed to the virus due to sharing the same locker rooms. 

Edited by SkinsFanRob
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tears again. Not as many as the original, but just love those guys. I have to say that as much **** as I gave Orpik, he made such a huge play and is really to be admired. 

4 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

It was like winning the Cup again! And yes, I was nervous watching too. Got excited when they scored. I did forget about the clock issue though. It's pretty awesome watching them celebrate. 

I forgot about Kuzy needing another stick and ended up perfectly breaking up a shot with 20 seconds left. 

^^^^  "he hit the referee" ?? ^^^

Wilson's fist clearly went into the side of Pasternack's face and was not anywhere close to the ref

That Bruins play by play announcer is either blind, biased or my money would be on both, 

3 minutes ago, c slag said:

^^^^  "he hit the referee" ?? ^^^

Wilson's fist clearly went into the side of Pasternack's face and was not anywhere close to the ref

That Bruins play by play announcer is either blind, biased or my money would be on both, 

Everything Boston-related is terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1