Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I’d prefer not to win the Presidents Trophy, so long as we finish out our last 10 games strong.

I don’t think we have to worry about that anymore. Boston has 7 points on us. They need to keep up in the Metro or they could actually get in playoff jeopardy I feel like 

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

He's a stronger, meaner, Orpik type.. Could be good for this D corps! Not sure how they're gonna pay him, but I guess that'll work itself out. 

He’s a rental, and San Jose is retaining 50% of his salary. If they want to resign him, they have to move people - like Jensen and Djoos. 

LOVE the idea of having Siegenthaler, Gudas, and Dillon on each pair. Big, physical, responsible. Paired with Carlson, Kempney, and Orlov.

None of this matters if the team keeps taking the first period off each night. 

• Like 3

John Carlson is doing a meet and greet at the Giant in Olney tonight from 5-6pm.

Anyone ever been to one of these types of events?  I'm just wondering how crowded they are.  If I go it will have to be with my 4 year old son, and standing in line with him for a while could be a chore.

I went to the Carlson thing just now.  Got there at like 4:45 and the line outside was pretty damn long already.  The temperature had to drop like 10 degrees on my 10 minute ride there.

By 5:10 I hadn't moved a lick and my son was getting cold so I just bounced.

13 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

The new guy standing right in front of the net on second goal 🤬 

That wasn’t his guy. He kept himself between his man and the goal, either Micky or Carlson had to body Gallagher there. Dillon started the play physically in the corner and he kept his man away from the crease. 

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

That wasn’t his guy. He kept himself between his man and the goal, either Micky or Carlson had to body Gallagher there. Dillon started the play physically in the corner and he kept his man away from the crease. 

I know he wasn’t on that guy.  But was still in position to make a play on the puck.