Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread (Ted ditches plan to move to VA, will stay in DC!)

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I don't understand why they rotated Carlson to the Ovechkin spot for the majority of the 4 on 3. 

Definitely poor timing by coach to swap Ovie and Carlson..  4 on 3 PP is such a different animal, as you said, with a lot more space. So they couldn't have cheated on Ovie.. I get the PP sucked, but experiments (imo) should of happened at ANY other time, than overtime.. Still seems like it took multiple acts of god to beat us, but beat us they did.. For like the 4th time in a row, 3x on our ice, at least twice after having a 2 goal/3rd period leads.. Those guys aren't the Penguins, we need to stop treating them like they are. lol 

No idea why Fehervary was on ice during OT, the PP was terrible and I’m not sure Kuzy fixes that. Cool getting the point but we didn’t play as much of a physical game than I thought, I was hoping we would take them to the boards more. Wilson hasn’t woke up yet and neither has Backstrom. 5 out of 6 points isn’t bad at all thought, so glad hockey is back. 

I mean, getting a loser point on the 2nd night of a back-to-back against a rested team isn't the worst result in the world. 

Caps didn't play a great game last night.  There was little to no intensity or physicality from the team.  If they play a heavy game, there is NO way Carolina can handle it.  Oh well...on to Dallas on Tuesday. 

This is an EXCELLENT Caps team.  They're deep and I have high hopes for this year, assuming everyone keeps relative good health. 

• Like 3

So now everything slots the way it should:

8-92-43

13-19-77

62-20-14

28-26-21

74-6

3-9

33-34

Hopefully, continuity helps the team gel. Hopefully, health lets them play together for 70 games.  With 70 & 30 to backstop them, sky's the limit...

Happy to have the lead ur really wan a goal from the captain. Needs to start scoring if he’s gonna pass Gretzky lol. 

25 minutes ago, c slag said:

Holtby with a huge save, wow!

the beast has been great so far this season. He’s the only reason we were in the game against the canes. His saves early in that game we’re huge. 

• Like 1

Team has an issue with intensity. Stealing these points is nice, but giving up 3rd period leads isn't really a recipe for success. PP also needs work. Faceoffs. Ovie looked like crap, especially in OT. That move to the center of the ice, with 3 defenders, was weak. He should know better. Oh well, on to Nashville.  

33 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I won't worry about intensity until they actually start getting time to rest.

we have been a bit busy to start the season. The flyers on the other hand have only played one game to our 4. 

yes. I realize they played over seas.