Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread (Ted ditches plan to move to VA, will stay in DC!)

ixcuincle

This is what I thought they'd be last year. Reality is, switching systems takes a lot of work even if the coach was already on the staff.

I think that plus the learning curve of being a head coach slowed them down last season but now that everyone knows where they need to be, they are a juggernaut. Let's just enjoy the entertainment until April and then hope for a deep run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

I didn't watch the game, what style of play?

They play the same style as the Hurricanes, with way less skill. It doesn’t work for them as well as you can see by their record. It just happens the 2 worst games the caps have played this year have been against CBJ, they came out slow and didnt hit like they usually do. Sorta slept on CBJ in both games, not to mention Korpisalo was a brick wall. I’m not that worried about it, its hard to say that since the canes beat us like that last year with the same style but the capitals simply have too much firepower. They had ZERO puck luck last night, hitting the posts and not getting the right bounces. These games happen it just sucks it was against CBJ twice. The Bruins even just lost 4 in a row. I’m confident Reirden will have them ready for the postseason. 

On another note Kuznetsov has cooled off recently and he is a major factor for us making a deep run, he still tries to pass too much. You need to put the puck on net to get those gritty non-highlight reel goals.  He tries to get too fancy. Just shoot Kuzy! 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, Hersh said:

I didn't watch the game, what style of play?

Pretty much what was posted above.. They slowed the game down, clogged the neutral zone and passing lanes, heavy forcheck. Got the bounces.. You know, playoff "style".. We didn't seem willing to play gritty and create much traffic around the net.