Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread (Ted ditches plan to move to VA, will stay in DC!)

ixcuincle

27 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Caps with a whopping 69 goals scored so far (as a team). Next highest in the east is Toronto with 58. Offense is definitely clicking. 

I was looking at stats yesterday, and you have to circle the Caps.  As a Flyers fan (BOOO i know), starting to recognize that if anyone wants a playoff run, it may go through DC...the Isles are hot, but the offense for the Caps i think takes the cake.

This is all wonderful, and fun to watch.  But any talk of Stanley Cup is way too premature.  I've seen the Caps have hot seasons many times only to fizzle in the playoffs.  While I will enjoy the regular season fun, wake me when they're playing this way in the playoffs..

So like, this team is ****ing great.  They’re firing on all cylinders.  John Carlson looks like the best defenseman to ever lace up for the Caps.  Ovie is Ovie.  The rest of the team is straight fire.  Samsonov is a god.  Liepsic looks like a GREAT bottom six energy guy.  They just don’t lose.  But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.  Remember, remember, it’s barely November.  All of the 1 seeds lost in the first round last season and while some may think it’s a fluke the new playoff format kinda gives an edge to the scrappy teams fighting tooth and nail to make it in (think Nats).  Teams that may have started slowly but are getting rolling come March and April.  So, let us not get ahead of ourselves here and always remember that Epstein didn’t commit suicide.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

So like, this team is ****ing great.  They’re firing on all cylinders.  John Carlson looks like the best defenseman to ever lace up for the Caps.  Ovie is Ovie.  The rest of the team is straight fire.  Samsonov is a god.  Liepsic looks like a GREAT bottom six energy guy.  They just don’t lose.  But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.  Remember, remember, it’s barely November.  All of the 1 seeds lost in the first round last season and while some may think it’s a fluke the new playoff format kinda gives an edge to the scrappy teams fighting tooth and nail to make it in (think Nats).  Teams that may have started slowly but are getting rolling come March and April.  So, let us not get ahead of ourselves here and always remember that Epstein didn’t commit suicide.

I forget when it was, 2016, something like that, where Penguins were absolutely tanking the early part of the season. In desperation, they fired their coach, 

hired some unknown...and went on to win the Stanley Cup. 

Early part of the season means nothing.