Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Orlov looking back towards center ice as the best player in the Rags streaks toward his net. 

The defense literally takes turns not playing defense. Carlson. Orlov. Gudas. Kempney. Jensen. 

Siegenthaler has been the best defensive defenseman we have BY FAR. Sign Dillon and try to trade Jensen and Kempney. Bring up the youngsters. At least you can explain young brain farts....

Edited by Popeman38

12 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Orlov looking back towards center ice as the best player in the Rags streaks toward his net. 

He should’ve realized in 2 strides he has no chance to win the race and easily been back on defense. 

I will say this. It’s unbelievable to me that for as bad as the caps have played the last month in a half that they are still 5th place in the entire league. Really makes you realize how the were absolutely cleaning up early on. Where the hell is that team? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That team is now making crappy extra passes instead of shooting. It's the logic of probability. 

As Hersh has pointed out, and certainly knows more than me, if our defensemen are letting odd-man rushes through, we're going into every game behind the 8 ball. 

I really need this team to get it together. 

1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

As a reward for his awful play and poor effort, Kuzy is out there to start overtime. I'm officially on the fire Reirden bandwagon.  

I didn’t get to see the game last night since it wasn’t on here, but are they still playing the 3 Russians on the same line together? What bothers me about that is you have zero forwards who play defense on that line. None of the three are disciplined with the puck. And they are usually slow to react to get back on defense since that’s not their main concern. It would be one thing if they were such a scoring threat that they could make up for their lack of D. But from what I’ve seen that isn’t the case. I’m hoping to be proved wrong about this, but I’m not liking that Kovalchuk at all. 

15 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

What bothers me about that is you have zero forwards who play defense on that line. 

Outside or Wilson and Oshie the entire top half is out to lunch on defense.. Nicky isn't playing nearly up to par and the rest, well..