Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Good win for the boys today. What I really liked was all the goals in the game except 2 were gritty, hard working goals. Wilson had a beautiful skill play, and that goal by Malkin was ridiculous. I think there are about 10 players in the world who can make that play. All the rest were all about who wanted it more. Too many times, I've seen the other teams score those goals and not the Caps.  Today was one of those days the Caps were right there getting those goals.  They really needed that win today and not just for the points. But to remind them of what it takes to win these types of games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Russian machine reporting caps acquire kovalchuk from Canadians for 3rd round pick. I like it. He was playing well for his short stay in Montreal. 

These veteran pickups are always interesting.  This could turn out to be great like the Fedorov acquisition, terrible like the Mike Richards pickup, or anywhere in between.  But it's a low-cost, low-risk move and I like it.  The optimist in me says Kovy will be inspired playing with Ovi and three other Russians, with a legitimate shot at his first Cup at the end of his career.  At the very least, if he plays as well as he did for Montreal, it'll help us out.

I think this trade is also an acknowledgement that Panik is not working out on the 3rd line. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

so I’m at the game and hard to see from where I was sitting but looked like a blown icing that led to that goal?

The last Winepeg goal was a turn over right in front of Holtby he had it trapped in his pads but it trickled out to the side and the Jets player sank it in the net 

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

When's the time slot for Ilya? I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT !!!

He playing on a line with Eller and Hagelin 

1 minute ago, c slag said:

The last Winepeg goal was a turn over right in front of Holtby he had it trapped in his pads but it trickled out to the side and the Jets player sank it in the net 

He playing on a line with Eller and Hagelin 

no I saw the turnover. But we were only down there because an icing call. But from where I was sitting in looked like Vrana beat the guy to the puck 

3 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

no I saw the turnover. But we were only down there because an icing call. But from where I was sitting in looked like Vrana beat the guy to the puck 

Same here, guessing they are thinking otherwise 

Is the place packed?

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And? 

Sorry, I'm depending on y'all tonight 🤩

Edit, add...eller is a super awesome skater 

Hags gets love cuz he's ours now, OH YEAH!

Ilya had a nice short side shot on goal earlier, if he could have lifted it up a little, probably would have went right over the glove 

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

very much so for a Tuesday 

Stay loud in there for the third period 

• Like 1