Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I nearly went to sleep after the second period since I get up at like 5:45, but I decided to stick around because it looked like they had some momentum going.  Glad I stayed up for it all because it was an exciting finish. I had trouble sleeping too because I was a bit pumped up.

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Holtby was the Holtby of old last night.  He had some fantastic saves 

Seems like Holtby has been playing great since he came off the bench in the second period of the Islanders game, hopefully this is a sign of him getting ready for postseason goaltending 

7 hours ago, c slag said:

Going to be interesting to see if the Capitals can hold on and win the Metropolitan Division title 

.500 hockey from here on, the interesting part will be which wild card they get.. They need a shakeup, they aren't responding to whatever Reirden is preaching at the moment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is the whole “chase to 700” getting to the ENTIRE team? Jeez what’s going on? Giving up a goal early EVERY game it seems like, is getting really old 😑 

They haven't been playing well for a few weeks now. Ovechkin's goal scoring binge the last few weeks carried the team to a few victories. If not for him scoring that much to get to 698 so quickly, they have a few more loses. This is what he does and he has carried this team for so long. But he can't score multiple goals a game every night, even though sometimes it seems like he could. So the whole team needs to step up and play better, like they did in Denver the other night. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

T-Mobile is a great venue!

And Ovie gets both 699 and 700 tonight against VGK. 

I’m ok with that. But if not I’m going to the Winnipeg game on the 25th if he wants to hold out a bit longer 😂

Also would love for it to be against fluery 

Edited by SkinsFanRob
  • Haha 2